Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Nowack N700 - 715 hp

This all looks nice on paper, however, Nowack has had a history of not delivering for several people in the BMW community. Additionally, they are sort of like G-Power or RDsport in which they have these nice press releases but no actual dyno graphs or details. Basically, they make the announcement early to get press but have nothing to substantiate it with. I also do not think there is any reason to go into the motor to get this kind of HP on the N63, but extra displacement is nice, nevertheless. I also don't believe they actually have aftermarket cams already, Nowack would just source Schrick cams and rebrand them, and I haven't seen anything from Schrick for this motor yet:

The latest creation from NOWACK MOTORS is called the N700 and it involves the BMW X5M and X6M for which they applied serious modifications in the engine compartment as well as a number of visual enhancements.

Cutting a story short, the NOWACK N700 BMW X5M and X6M can now pack 715 horsepower and 845 Nm of torque at 2.600 rpm thanks to a series of mechanical upgrades that include, forced engine induction from two turbochargers, larger pistons, a new crankshaft and camshaft, high performance connection rods, new valve pockets, special intake valves and other modifications.

With this almost completely redeveloped 4.4-litre V8 engine that used to produce 555 HP, the NOWACK N700 BMW X5M and X6M can reach new performance levels, and even though actual figures have not been released the tuner mentioned that the usual speed limiter has been reset to 330 Km/h.

NOWACK MOTORS press release :

World famed high performance engine developer and manufacturer NOWACK MOTORS, proudly announces the birth of its latest masterpiece, the NOWACK N700, to all owners of the latest creations of the BMW M GmbH, the X5M and X6M.

Based on the M GmbH's 4.4ltr. Biturbo V8 engine offering a maximum power of 555hp, NOWACK MOTORS created a new technical masterpiece.

Deliver a standard X5M or X6M to the small but highly experienced specialized German engineering and manufacturing outfit and they'll nearly strip it back to a skeleton. All that's left of the engine is the external look, which remains the same than in the standard cars.

It all starts with the disassembly of the standard engine, leaving only the external parts of the engine unchanged.

First, the cylinder block undergoes the process of machining (boring/honing) to fit the new NOWACK MOTORS oversize high performance pistons. Afterwards, a unique Alusil coating is being applied to the cylinders for less friction. An all new, fine balanced NOWACK MOTORS exclusive crankshaft, individually weighed and fine balanced high performance connecting rods, 8 fine prepared, especiallycoated, exclusive high performance pistons with new valve pockets, specially coated piston rings and piston pins, high performance camshaft (in-/outlet), special intake valves with bigger diameter, extensively modified free flow high performance cylinderheads with re-engineered in- and outlets, each optimized on NOWACK MOTOR's in-house SuperFlow 1020 flow bench, high performance camshaft (in-/outlet) and various modified components of the valve drive inclusive of special valve springs
    complete the exclusive mechanical internals of the N700.

NOWACK MOTORS extensively modified both turbochargers in order to provide a better and smoother performance perfectly suiting the requirements defined by the complete re-engineering of the internals.

The optimization of the intake air flow inclusive of high performance free flow air filters, modified high performance exhaust manifolds leading to an all new, complete NOWACK MOTORS high performance sport exhaust system inclusive of high performance motorsport catalytic converters and rear silencers, complete the list of external hardware components.

Upon completion of the mechanical manufacturing process, each car's ECU is being individually re programmed. Needless to say that the works speed limiter is removed and set to 330km/h.

The maximum power of 715hp and torque of 845Nm at 2.600rpm. offered by this most sophisticated, bespoke powerplant can be seen as an impressive side effect resulting out of the extensive engineering and manufacturing knowledge.
    We will see these sort of gains with full exhausts and tunes once US tuners go after it, without needing to go into the motor.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you dont believe them? interesting, i guess it does take time, but how long has the n63 been out? great find, what power, and look at the torque Click here to enlarge i wonder what the 0-60 is since its awd, and what the 60-100 or 60-130 is
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    you dont believe them? interesting, i guess it does take time, but how long has the n63 been out? great find, what power, and look at the torque Click here to enlarge i wonder what the 0-60 is since its awd, and what the 60-100 or 60-130 is
    No, I don't believe them.

They don't even state the bore/stroke? No pictures of the internals being replaced? No pics of the cams? No before after dyno's? No evidence? It all just exists on paper.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No, I don't believe them.

They don't even state the bore/stroke? No pictures of the internals being replaced? No pics of the cams? No before after dyno's? No evidence? It all just exists on paper.
    i can see where you're coming from, but look at this perspective: they have proprietary materials and information, why would they let the public have that and just copy their work. im sure it took time to find out what displacement works best, or what turbo flows properly, or how much lift and duration on the cams. all of these factors make their kit what it is it seems. im not saying you're wrong, just saying that we should wait and see what how they plan to sell the kit and what market they look at.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    i can see where you're coming from, but look at this perspective: they have proprietary materials and information, why would they let the public have that and just copy their work. im sure it took time to find out what displacement works best, or what turbo flows properly, or how much lift and duration on the cams. all of these factors make their kit what it is it seems. im not saying you're wrong, just saying that we should wait and see what how they plan to sell the kit and what market they look at.
    I've just seen this from Nowack way too many times.

I don't expect them to give away secrets but I think a dyno would at least be warranted, eh? Have you ever seen a Nowack owner coming on a BMW board? I saw the experience on M5board where a guy went to Nowack to get something done... let's just say stay away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I reckon companies like Nowack et al make their money from people that don't care about the details and just want to have it.
    I do remember that a big German magazine tested there N500 E39 M5 and it had phenomenal performance at a Nowack price hehe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I reckon companies like Nowack et al make their money from people that don't care about the details and just want to have it.
    I do remember that a big German magazine tested there N500 E39 M5 and it had phenomenal performance at a Nowack price hehe.
    Ya that was a magazine test that got some M5board guys to go the Nowack route... only for it to end up being a disaster.

They got their magazine press and the magazine got its article but in reality Nowack couldn't deliver... kind of like Hennessey or RMS.