Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

AR downpipe for N55 is in!

Just did 2 of them back to back...I have to say that even with the golf tee mod done the car sounds rediculous. I will take the exhaust note of an N55 any day over the N54 Click here to enlarge

pics will be up shortly..they arent the greatest as I scratched the cover right in the center of the lens Click here to enlarge..getting a replacement in a week and I will start posting the HD videos..

Fitment is spot on, some minor tweaking of the brackets is all that is needed.

Hopefully we will pair this up with the AMS exhaust on the shop car and we will off to the races. Terry there should be a few logs coming your way tonight to finally test this thing out Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Here are some...

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Images inserted inline to allow resizing.

Pipe looks great, 4 inches right?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes, the n55 downpipes are 4"
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Car pulls like a damn freight train upstairs...we tweaked his setting a little on the jb3 (lag fix and pedal target were still set to 0) and it came alive.

Wasnt able to do any logging though, something was up with the software and everything was reading inverted...TPS and RPM were backwards, preventing me from storing any runs.

Only air temps were normal, with the Helix we saw maybe 65 degrees intake temps...it was 32 outside and Im sure at 140 it was a lot colder!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Car pulls like a damn freight train upstairs...we tweaked his setting a little on the jb3 (lag fix and pedal target were still set to 0) and it came alive.

Wasnt able to do any logging though, something was up with the software and everything was reading inverted...TPS and RPM were backwards, preventing me from storing any runs.

Only air temps were normal, with the Helix we saw maybe 65 degrees intake temps...it was 32 outside and Im sure at 140 it was a lot colder!
    Is this thing going to get any dynos?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Is this thing going to get any dynos?
    We made 250whp on EPLs mustang dyno back in September on a humid and raining day. Its an XI so i wasnt surprised that it read a little lower.

The AMS exhaust should be on by end of the month, then I want to run comparison runs on the JB3 and the PAW flash.

Im trying to find a dyno that is closer to me, but the closest one was EPL. I am making a trip out to Fabspeed in April to check out the facilities for some Porsche items and I hope they have an AWD dyno...

Then again maybe its best that I use the same dyno for the runs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    We made 250whp on EPLs mustang dyno back in September on a humid and raining day. Its an XI so i wasnt surprised that it read a little lower.

The AMS exhaust should be on by end of the month, then I want to run comparison runs on the JB3 and the PAW flash.

Im trying to find a dyno that is closer to me, but the closest one was EPL. I am making a trip out to Fabspeed in April to check out the facilities for some Porsche items and I hope they have an AWD dyno...

Skip to 2:50, looks AWD to me:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Guess I will be paying them a visit Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Pics look ok to me. Can't wait for the videos
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Damn, I guess I need to test drive one then...I didn't think it was that much diff than the N54...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

If you need an AWD dyno shoot me a PM, Shop out here in Smithtown has an AWD Mustang Dyno

I think you actually know the guy who manages the shop
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    If you need an AWD dyno shoot me a PM, Shop out here in Smithtown has an AWD Mustang Dyno

I think you actually know the guy who manages the shop

PM inbound.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Was looking at N54tech.com, I can't find the thread - but one member with an XI put on the AR Downpipes and had it on the Mustang Dyno - Graph was there and only showed about 3-4 gain in HP and about 4 for torque.

Is it just the XI or is this what and 335i would post out as well - Thoughts?

If I can find it again I'll post it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

The dyno made 4 PEAK HP..but in the midrange the car made 15-20 if I recall...it was due to the boost coming back down to 7 psi near redline. If the car was able to sustain boost it would have shown a significant jump at redline.

Drivability alone is a huge improvement...I have driven it back to back and the car is so much more eager to climb into boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by N55Bimmer335i Click here to enlarge
    Was looking at N54tech.com, I can't find the thread - but one member with an XI put on the AR Downpipes and had it on the Mustang Dyno - Graph was there and only showed about 3-4 gain in HP and about 4 for torque.

Is it just the XI or is this what and 335i would post out as well - Thoughts?

If I can find it again I'll post it.
    I know what you are referring to. I think with this downpipe you are going to need a tune to really see a difference in peak vs. with the downpipe or without.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I know what you are referring to. I think with this downpipe you are going to need a tune to really see a difference in peak vs. with the downpipe or without.
    Yup, needs tune!
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"we tweaked his setting a little on the jb3 (lag fix and pedal target were still set to 0) and it came alive."

What did you tweak on the JB3? I should have my usb cable on Thursday and need to update my firmware. While I'm there I'd like to know what else needs to be done. 4-6 PSI?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cliverman Click here to enlarge
    "we tweaked his setting a little on the jb3 (lag fix and pedal target were still set to 0) and it came alive."

What did you tweak on the JB3? I should have my usb cable on Thursday and need to update my firmware. While I'm there I'd like to know what else needs to be done. 4-6 PSI?
    Since you will be there in person to ask let us know what changes are made.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sticky....what are you asking?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I believe we have him set to the +4 setting. We had not updated it at all since Terry came out with it, and it made a big difference in how it drives.

Also since lag fix and pedal target were set to 0, we increased them, pedal target was set to 50 and lag fix was originally set to 100, but it was causing engine malfunction lights upon startup. We dropped it to 80 and it has been good since then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cliverman Click here to enlarge
    Sticky....what are you asking?
    Maybe I misunderstood, I thought you were going to Camber-Toe in person? Or where is it you said you would be on Thursday?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I've been away for 20 some days (Hospital), and need some catching up. My first attempt to install the AR Downpipe failed, but Matt @ Camber $ Toe, gave me alot of advice on installing it without a Lift, just the ramps I have and Jacks I have. Could not see enough to get it done. Plus it is harder to do when the front has been lowered by 2". But I'm ready soon to try again. Some new tools will help alot.

Have anyone had any problems w/CE Light after install? Or problems with emissions checking when they use the OBDII port method of Emissions checking - as in Maryland.????????????

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by N55Bimmer335i Click here to enlarge
    I've been away for 20 some days (Hospital), and need some catching up. My first attempt to install the AR Downpipe failed, but Matt @ Camber $ Toe, gave me alot of advice on installing it without a Lift, just the ramps I have and Jacks I have. Could not see enough to get it done. Plus it is harder to do when the front has been lowered by 2". But I'm ready soon to try again. Some new tools will help alot.

Have anyone had any problems w/CE Light after install? Or problems with emissions checking when they use the OBDII port method of Emissions checking - as in Maryland.????????????
    Might be a good idea to have a member help you out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

with the obd port you are kinda SOL until terry comes out with some kinda dp fix for the N55. Are you exempt from testing for emissions for the first 2 years?>

Here in NY, we are exempt first 2 years..just get a safety sticker and you are on your way. Only after that do we check via the obd port to see if you pass.

You might be worth taking the ride out here to have us put the downpipe in...the pain and suffering might be worth the trip to get it done and out of your hair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast