Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 152
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,075
    Rep Points
    9,058.0
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Your always the one bragging we have xx cars hitting 11s blah blah.
    Ever think that you fastest 6mt car is 5-6mph because your MT tunning isnt any good? Cough cough, shifts suck ass.
    I think the manual tuning could use some work, but you haven't found many cars to post about that are faster than your buddies JB3 have you? Click here to enlarge

    Here is a recent customer shift log. Looks to be holding boost pretty good to me. Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,075
    Rep Points
    9,058.0
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Terry, you know different conditions will produce different results in different cars running different setups.

    I don't think it is fair to apply one time for all cars, as if all JB3 autos run 122 mph.

    Your customers are very good at playing the 1/4 mile game (at Sac Click here to enlarge ) but I think a direct comparison of some sort is necessary.

    I also do think the JB3 has had amazing results on the track and you are proud of your customers doing it, but some context is needed. I'm also not familiar with Vishnu's auto tuning, so I can't comment.
    It's all in good fun. Like I've said before both systems are capable of the same results.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It's all in good fun. Like I've said before both systems are capable of the same results.
    I think this is fairly true. There are differences obviously ($, feautres, etc) and I have no problem admitting the JB3 cars have overachieved on the strip.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    109
    Rep Points
    23.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    How about we start comparing JB3 vs Procede 60-130 times? That would make for less driver error and highlight manual vs auto...
    2010 LeMans Blue M Sport 335i: JB3 2.0, BMS DCI, BMS TT/BG, 19" VM V714, JB Kidneys, Painted Ref, Debadged, UR CL DP's, TEIN S-Tech Springs

    Old Ride: 2007 Montego 335i 6MT 12.34@111

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wizzle335 Click here to enlarge
    How about we start comparing JB3 vs Procede 60-130 times? That would make for less driver error and highlight manual vs auto...
    With the manual the driver is going to be a large factor. Frankly, we need all the numbers to get a complete picture. However, comparing 60-130 should be important as well.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    109
    Rep Points
    23.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    With the manual the driver is going to be a large factor. Frankly, we need all the numbers to get a complete picture. However, comparing 60-130 should be important as well.
    I see where you're coming from, but meant launching error. The clutch control through first and half of second is difficult to master, and I have yet to! Perhaps same driver, same car? Did Shiv do this during his testing?
    2010 LeMans Blue M Sport 335i: JB3 2.0, BMS DCI, BMS TT/BG, 19" VM V714, JB Kidneys, Painted Ref, Debadged, UR CL DP's, TEIN S-Tech Springs

    Old Ride: 2007 Montego 335i 6MT 12.34@111

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,075
    Rep Points
    9,058.0
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    PS. Even Shiv's CANbus testing of the baseline JB3 shift logic wasn't too shabby. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    auto drivers are not faster cause they launch better, they are faster because the shifts in the mt cars, even stock, suck. As for your graph of the new beta terry, good for you, however wasnt this supposedly fixed since 1.4? Simply saying that on my car, which is a mt, the procede is king when it comes to ripping through the gears, and its probably they only reason why I decided to try it and still run it. As far all these 120 plus v4 mt cars. There probably only a handful of 120 plus v4 cars to begin with, however, if I had to bet on it, more than half of those are MT cars, where as the jb3 has zero.
    I showed you this vid before. I was CLEARLY faster than that evo. He brake boosted, got the jump, I hit the 2-3 and it sorta kinda felt like crap, reeled him in while in 3rd, hit 4th and the car died from about 105-120. ITs not even a bog, its more like a huge delay is throttle and boost that slowly ramps up.



    And here is the 11.9 @ 118 car getting walked cause of the lovly 3-4 shift on the jb3 2.0

    http://www.youtube.com/user/bjf360#p/a/u/0/1HiVm3MgduE

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,075
    Rep Points
    9,058.0
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    The joke I was making is that there are no other 120mph procede customers aside from Malaka. And the worlds second fastest MT customer is your buddy with a couple other MT JB3s right behind him. Click here to enlarge

    I remember your CPE video. It was really bad and the first JB version we had you try was much better. But not perfect. As I said there are continual improvements being made. 1.4 was decent, 2/17 2.0 better, and we're testing new stuff that is even better than that. We won't rest until our MT customers are faster. As of right now only one is ahead of us.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    let me know when you fix it, If i can't make it bog in 15 min, consider it fixed lol
    Like i said, give be a bone stock mt car, and I will make it bog. Maybe its just the way I shift.....

    ps, i still don't understand why its automatically considered bs when shiv runs a quick trap.
    As it stand your about 2-3 mph behind malaka or whatever his name is and 5-6 mph behind shiv who used a map that is coming out this week.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    109
    Rep Points
    23.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The joke I was making is that there are no other 120mph procede customers aside from Malaka. And the worlds second fastest MT customer is your buddy with a couple other MT JB3s right behind him. Click here to enlarge

    I remember your CPE video. It was really bad and the first JB version we had you try was much better. But not perfect. As I said there are continual improvements being made. 1.4 was decent, 2/17 2.0 better, and we're testing new stuff that is even better than that. We won't rest until our MT customers are faster. As of right now only one is ahead of us.
    I'll be out testing the latest at the strip very soon! Hopefully this isn't only the year of records, but also the year the mt's join the party in larger numbers Click here to enlarge
    2010 LeMans Blue M Sport 335i: JB3 2.0, BMS DCI, BMS TT/BG, 19" VM V714, JB Kidneys, Painted Ref, Debadged, UR CL DP's, TEIN S-Tech Springs

    Old Ride: 2007 Montego 335i 6MT 12.34@111

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,075
    Rep Points
    9,058.0
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    let me know when you fix it, If i can't make it bog in 15 min, consider it fixed lol
    Like i said, give be a bone stock mt car, and I will make it bog. Maybe its just the way I shift.....

    ps, i still don't understand why its automatically considered bs when shiv runs a quick trap.
    As it stand your about 2-3 mph behind malaka or whatever his name is and 5-6 mph behind shiv who used a map that is coming out this week.
    I think it's great Shiv ran 125 but it's hard to do any sort of apples to apples with it. You've got a lot of mods there others don't have like his flywheel and weight removal. Then the negative DA combined with Sac timing errors fuzzing things up. And the fact that he's a tuner so there is motivation to minimize everything else that made the car faster to try to let the tune take credit. Also honestly I really don't trust traps out of Sac anymore for anything. I just quote them from our customers because other guys quote them for theirs.

    Malaka seems to be the real deal though even though he had massively negative DA and 110 octane has set the bar high at 122mph. So we need to get your buddy going 2-3mph faster with more mods and better tuning. Most importantly we need to see what your car puts down at the track. Click here to enlarge

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    641
    Rep Points
    76.9
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Sac timing errors? I love it. Funny stuff. Funny how there is no mention of Acto or MIR or Englishtown or some of the fast east coast tracks having "timing errors." I guess these errors must follow me around.

    Perhaps I should start a rumor that Fomoso has optimistic ETs. After all, didn't Mr.5 run nearly .2s faster at Famoso despite having similar (or worse) 60' times and lower traps? Also with a worse DA. And also running lower boost? Any explanation for that?

    It's funny when people start blaming tracks for racing results. I don't see real racers blame road courses for bad DAs.

    Shiv
    Last edited by shiv@vishnu; 03-17-2010 at 07:52 PM.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,075
    Rep Points
    9,058.0
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Actually I started a discussion about it on N54Tech based on Mr 5s data. It has nothing to do with you as more of BMS' customers are affected than yours.

    Where there is smoke there is usually fire and this ones really smoldering IMHO.

    http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7045

    Why don't you roll down to Famoso and we'll put your new theory to the test? Would be worth it for an 11.3x run right? Click here to enlarge

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    641
    Rep Points
    76.9
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Actually I started a discussion about it on N54Tech based on Mr 5s data. It has nothing to do with you as more of BMS' customers are affected than yours.

    Where there is smoke there is usually fire and this ones really smoldering IMHO.

    http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7045

    Why don't you roll down to Famoso and we'll put your new theory to the test? Would be worth it for an 11.3x run right? Click here to enlarge
    Good thing your here to provide accreditation for drag strip performance! I feel fortunate that you focus your attention on the track that just happens to be closest to me. Again, why don't you ask your mythbuster team to test other tracks that are actually well-known to be fast?

    Shiv

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    "ARE YOU READY!?"...... " ARE YOU READY!?".... LETS GET IT ON!! Finally here... No talk of East coast since everything is just opening up and weather has not been cooperating. But you can count on some news here in the very short future.. from customers (just not any of yours) Click here to enlarge

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    641
    Rep Points
    76.9
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    "ARE YOU READY!?"...... " ARE YOU READY!?".... LETS GET IT ON!! Finally here... No talk of East coast since everything is just opening up and weather has not been cooperating. But you can count on some news here in the very short future.. from customers (just not any of yours) Click here to enlarge
    You seem to forget that a customer of mine holds the trap speed record for straight gasoline (no meth, no nitrous). Nearly 123mph traps. Go faster than that and then toot your horn.

    Shiv

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,075
    Rep Points
    9,058.0
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    You seem to forget that a customer of mine holds the trap speed record for straight gasoline (no meth, no nitrous). Nearly 123mph traps. Go faster than that and then toot your horn.

    Shiv
    With the once every year or two 40 degree ambients in Florida and 110 octane... And he still did mid 12s... Click here to enlarge

    PS. I believe one of our customers took that record at Sac a week ago. On a mix of 91 + race gas with no meth and no weight reduction. 12.4@122.x. Last I heard he was going to raise his boost a bit and wait for a cool night to roll around. 124.x in his future? I hope so. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 03-18-2010 at 12:49 AM.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,075
    Rep Points
    9,058.0
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Good thing your here to provide accreditation for drag strip performance! I feel fortunate that you focus your attention on the track that just happens to be closest to me. Again, why don't you ask your mythbuster team to test other tracks that are actually well-known to be fast?

    Shiv
    Actually a lot of good information has been posted in the thread on n54tech. Clearly Sac reads fast. Is it 1mph, 2mph, or 3mph? Who knows. It's not the end of the world but something to keep in mind when making grandiose claims. And something for customers to keep in mind when trying to match times from Sac at their local tracks.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    641
    Rep Points
    76.9
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    With the once every year or two 40 degree ambients in Florida and 110 octane... And he still did mid 12s... Click here to enlarge

    PS. I believe one of our customers took that record at Sac a week ago. On a mix of 91 + race gas with no meth and no weight reduction. 12.4@122.x. Last I heard he was going to raise his boost a bit and wait for a cool night to roll around. 124.x in his future? I hope so. Click here to enlarge

    You and I both know that it doesn't matter if he ran 14s or 11s. It's the trap that counts when it comes to showing what kind of power the car/tune is making. The rest is just traction and driving. And there you go again with dismissing results based upon track location/conditions.

    Next time, when you decide that it's an acceptable day to run at any given track, let me know and I'll send an email to all my customers. Perhaps then you wont make an excuse when someone breaks a record in CA or 3000 miles away in FL. Especially those who even don't care enough about drag racing to even buy drag radials.

    And lastly, I see a lot of comments from you challenging me to come down to Famoso. And excuses saying that the drive up to Sac just isn't worth it for you. That goes against convention since it is the slower challenger that is supposed to step up, not the other way around. I hate drag racing and even I know that much.
    Last edited by shiv@vishnu; 03-18-2010 at 01:11 AM.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,075
    Rep Points
    9,058.0
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    You and I both know that it doesn't matter if he ran 14s or 11s. It's the trap that counts when it comes to showing what kind of power the car/tune is making. The rest is just traction and driving. And there you go again with dismissing results based upon track location/conditions.

    Next time, when you decide that it's an acceptable day to run at any given track, let me know and I'll send an email to all my customers. Perhaps then you wont make an excuse when someone breaks a record in CA or 3000 miles away in FL. Especially those who even don't care enough about drag racing to even buy drag radials.

    Shiv
    Why so touchy about it?

    Malaka's results were impressive. From what I can gather he cares a lot and it shows with constant improvements. It's a shame he's in the wrong camp. Click here to enlarge Did you congratulate syndicategt who either took or came very close to taking Malaka's "no meth no nitrous" record? If not congratulate him on his new worlds fastest "no meth no nitrous no lead no seats removed" record.

    PS. Only a road racer would suggest ET's don't matter.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge

    PS. Only a road racer would suggest ET's don't matter.
    ET's definitely matter, but we all understand that the trap is showing the power and the ET is driver/traction/setup dependent.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    641
    Rep Points
    76.9
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ET's definitely matter, but we all understand that the trap is showing the power and the ET is driver/traction/setup dependent.
    +1

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    you forgot to add that he came close to malaka's trap in a automatica fail mobile, not a MT car. In that case, you can just throw that one right out.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    618
    Rep Points
    410.7
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Shiv

    If I post in this thread are you going to accuse me of being Terry now that Terry is here as well? Or can I be Mike on this forum? Just wondering.

    Mike

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •