Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Full Motul Line up now available and ready to ship from SSP

Click here to enlarge

After several months of negotiations, I'm proud to announce that South Side Performance is now officially set up with the largest distributor of Motul products in the United States. This will ensure that our customers get the best possible pricing on any, and all Motul products.

And just encase you've been hiding under a rock, and never heard of Motul..... Here is a brief Company History.

Click here to enlarge

Established in New York over 150 years ago in 1853, MOTUL had its roots in the whale-oil business, used for lanterns. Owned by the Rockefeller Group and operated as a subsidiary of Standard Oil Company, the company was later managed and run by Swan Finch and in 1919, came to known as the Swan Finch Company.

Having established its headquarters in the USA, the Swan Finch Company expanded its lubricant business and started exporting to Europe. In 1932, the Zaugg family, a French distributor bought out the Swan Finch Company, but kept the MOTUL brand name. The entire operation moved to France and the brand name MOTUL, was relaunched as a French brand.

Focused on improving the reliability and performance of lubricants, MOTUL dramatically altered the lubrication industry by producing several worlds first and hence, set forth to shape the history of motor lubricants.

1953 - the launch of the Worlds 1st Multigrade Motor Oil.
    1966 - the launch of the Worlds 1st Semi-Synthetic Motor Oil.
    1971 - the launch of the Worlds 1st 100% Synthetic Motor Oil.

Till today, MOTUL continues in its tradition of producing superior quality lubricants by turning its technological innovations into real products for the automotive world. From Turbo Engine Oils to Catalytic Mufflers to Brake Fluids and Transmission Oils, MOTUL has been and continues to be the favored name.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

These oils DO contain the BMW Specs and approvals as set forth by the manufacturer.

I can put a complete fluids change package together for any of you as well... just ask Click here to enlarge

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bump!

I know you guys like the BMW spec stuff. But trust me on this one. You'll be happier with motul! Click here to enlarge

Steve c
    South Side Performance
    Sales and Marketing
    Steve@sspperformance.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bump

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Sure, sent me a list of motul oils I can use for my N54. I don't need to change anything atm but for future reference. Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll Post it so that everyone else can reference it as well.

BMW N54 can either use Motul 8100 X-Cess
    Click here to enlarge
    $39.90/

Gasoline and Diesel engine oil
    100% Synthetic

TYPE OF USE
    Specifically designed for powerful and recent cars fitted with high displacement engines, gasoline, Direct injection turbo Diesel and catalytic converters. Numerous car maker approvals make this product multipurpose especially recommended when the car is under warranty. Suitable for leaded or unleaded gasoline, Diesel fuels and LPG.

PERFORMANCES
    STANDARDS ACEA A3 / B3 / B4

APPROVALS
    API SL / CF
    VW 502 00 / 505 00
    BMW ‘Long Life’ - PORSCHE
    Mercedes Benz 229.3

* The OPEL/GM Diesel LL B-025 standard requires two main properties to the lubricant : high HTHS and very low volatility to drastically decrease oil consumption. Motul 8100 X-cess 5W-40 is especially recommended for OPEL 2.0 and 2.2 DTI engines (extended drain interval : computer on board).
    * The ACEA B4 performance requires an outstanding detergent/dispersent power and a better viscosity increase resistance due to soot produced by Direct Injection Diesel engines (excep VW unit injector engines that require MOTUL Specific 505.01 5W-40)
    * The MB 229.3 standard is more stringent than 229.1 in terms of ageing resistance (extended drain interval : computer on board ), detergent/dispersent power (ACEA B4) and requests fuel economy performance : 1.2% fuel economy improvement versus a 15W-40 reference.

RECOMMENDATION
    Drain interval : refer to manufacturers’ recommendations and tune to your own use. MOTUL 8100 X-cess 5W-40 can be mixed with synthetic or mineral oils.

PROPERTIES
    Viscosity grade SAE J 300 5W-40
    Density at 15C (59F) ASTM D1298 0.853
    Viscosity at 100C (212F) ASTM D445 14.6 mm/s
    Viscosity at 40C (104F) ASTM D445 92 mm/s
    Viscosity index ASTM D2270 165
    Pour point ASTM D97 -33C / -27F
    Flash point ASTM D92 230C / 446F
    TBN ASTM D 2896 10.3 mg KOH/g

Motul 300V 10w40
    Click here to enlarge
    $30.90

Racing lubricant for racing cars
    100% Synthetic – Double Ester Technology

TYPE OF USE
    Racing cars with atmospheric or turbocharged engines, race or qualifying engines operating at high
    temperature in a wide range of rpm : Qualifying sessions, drag racing, race on tracks, single brand
    races, rallyes, uphill races…Engine producing medium fuel dilution in the oil.
    Other applications : Gasoline or diesel engines, turbocharged, direct injection and catalytic converters.

PERFORMANCES
    STANDARDS Above existing standards.
    Reference team SUBARU STI, GT Japan.
    Double Ester technology : maximum oil film resistance, balanced polarity, resistance at very high
    temperature. Friction Modifier : maximum power output, decrease operating temperature.
    0% shear loss : Stable oil pressure whatever using conditions.
    Maximum anti-wear resistance.
    Perfect engine cleanliness.
    10W-40 grade allows excellent oil flow into the engine, fast oil pressure set up, fast rev raisings and fast
    engine warm up.

RECOMMENDATIONS
    Oil change : according to your own use.
    Can be mixed with synthetic or mineral lubricants.

PROPERTIES
    Viscosity grade SAE J 300 10W-40
    Density at 15C (59F) ASTM D1298 0.880
    Viscosity at 100C (212F) ASTM D445 14 mm/s
    Viscosity at 40C (104F) ASTM D445 89.5 mm/s
    Viscosity index ASTM D2270 161
    HTHS viscosity 150C (302F) ASTM D4741 4.19 mPa.s
    Pour point ASTM D97 -36C / -33F
    Flash point ASTM D92 226C / 438F
    TBN ASTM D 2896 11.7 mg KOH/g

Motul Inugel Expert Coolant
    Click here to enlarge
    $10.50

Pure condensed anti freeze
    Anti-corrosion and anti freeze
    Nitrite free / Amine free / Phosphate free

TYPE OF USE
    MOTUL INUGEL EXPERT ULTRA is a pure condensed anti freeze that should be mixed with soft water for immediate use as a coolant liquid, based on monoethyleneglycol, using an organic / non organic mix technology, named hybrid additives. This product can be mixed with all monoethyleneglycol based coolants. Recommended for all cooling systems : passenger cars, heavy duty, construction and agriculture vehicles, gardening, ships, stationary engines …

PERFORMANCES
    STANDARDS AND MANUFACTURER SPECIFICATIONS : Refer to chart. Contains a bitterness agent to prevent from drinking : coolants and antifreezes have a sweet taste but are harmful. Protects the cooling system from freezing and metallic parts from corrosion. Provides an excellent thermal exchange and then engine cooling efficiency. Both silicates and organic acids provide anti-corrosion properties that remain while ageing. Seals, durits and plastic parts friendly.

RECOMMENDATIONS
    Do not use pure product. Mix with soft water according to the required freezing protection : refer to chart To maintain anti corrosion properties, do not dilute below 33%. Water for dilution : If possible use soft water : Maximum hardness 35Fr and chlorides and sulfates maximum contain 50 ppm. Drain intervals : Refer to the manufacturers’ recommendation. This product should not be used to protect dinking water systems against freezing.

PROPERTIES
    Nitrite free, amine free, phosphate free.
    Color Visual Dark Blue Green
    Density at 20C/68F ASTM D4052 1.125
    Boiling Temperature ASTM D1120 174C/345F
    Alkalinity Reserve ASTM D1121 16 mg KOH/g
    Sulfated ashes ASTM D1119 1.3% weight

Track Coolant MoCool
    Click here to enlarge
    $13.99

Top engine cooling additive
    Reduce engine temperature by 15C (30F)
    Outstanding thermal exchange
    Concentrated cooling fluid

TYPE OF USE
    Any cooling system of bikes, cars, ATVs… when overheating is observed or in racing conditions to decrease engine operating temperature.
    ATTENTION :
    - Some racing regulation do not allow anything else than pure water, if any doubt, check with race official organisation before using MoCool. Motul company cannot be involved in case of race disqualification while using MoCool inappropriately.
    - MoCool does not provide any antifreeze protection.

PERFORMANCES
    Engines run cooler by 15C (30F) : Improves thermal exchange and engine cooling system efficiency.
    Cooling system optimal protection against corrosion. Recommended for magnesium, aluminium alloys cases, cast iron, copper, brass and bronze systems. Water pump protection, avoid cavitation. Anti-corrosion properties that remain while high temperature and ageing. Low corrosion inhibitors consumption. Seals, rubber pipes, and plastics parts friendly.

RECOMMENDATIONS
    MOTUL MoCool is a concentrated cooling fluid that may be mixed with distillated water for immediate use as a coolant.

Mix with water at 5% (20:1). Do not use pure product. Can be mixed with most coolants monoethyleneglycol based.

PROPERTIES
    Color Visual Purple
    Density at 20C/68F ASTM D1122 1.058
    PH ASTM D1187 9.4

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Thank you! This is really helpful. I will be trying Motul for my next Oil change. Just had one done, so I gotta wait another 5k-7k miles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Thank you! This is really helpful. I will be trying Motul for my next Oil change. Just had one done, so I gotta wait another 5k-7k miles.
    Sure thing. Just let me know when you are ready Click here to enlarge

Steve c
    South Side Performance
    Sales and Marketing
    Steve@sspperformance.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk