Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Autocross wheels for 335is

I want to start autocrossing this summer but I I dont really want to wear out the expensive 19" run flat all season tires at the first meet. I have access to some 16" wheels off of a 97 z3. So I was thinking I could get some nice high performance summer tires for really cheap off tire rack and mount those wheels for track days. I checked the off set, back spacing, and bolt patterns and they seem to be the same or very close. So other than looking really stupid will 16" wheels even fit? I know the 335 has way bigger brakes so that will probably be the only problem. So, if not, anyone have any other ideas? Also, are there any other mods that will help me out at the track? I just have a feeling sticky tires will probably make the biggest difference since I will probably have more than enough power. I figured the next best mod would be an upgraded intercooler since it will be hot as hell.

Lemme know what you guys think. Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Moved to wheels and tires.

Best way to check if they fit is simply to try. I don't know if I have heard of anyone running 16's on a 335is but they may fit.

Tires will have the biggest impact, in my opinion this is where you should focus along with the suspension if you are getting serious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Get kosei k1's there cheap light and 17" definitely fit... Lots of tire options too
    JB4LIFE