Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 62 of 62
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    289
    Rep Points
    1,038.2
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    I know it's not his fault.

    Who's fault is it?

    It's the fault of people who didn't highlight these facts earlier.

    No correction data = don't post dyno.

    Make the rule. You have the power to do it.

    Dynojet won't tell you anything more unless a before and after dyno session is done and the car is allowed to adapt.

    Atleast with the dynojet we don't have to worry about strap tension because there is only one single roller!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    Make the rule. You have the power to do it.
    I can demand shootout only results but that will mean we lose a lot of content. I think the smarter thing to do is educate people and I am taking you up on that, creating vids for that purpose.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    Dynojet won't tell you anything more unless a before and after dyno session is done and the car is allowed to adapt.
    I disagree, I think if we see some nice dynojet numbers we will know a lot more. We won't know exactly what he gained but we have baseline dynojet runs to reference from similar cars.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    289
    Rep Points
    1,038.2
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    When I come to the US we will spend a few hours together and you'll agree on the things you disagree on right now.

    You will lose no contect. You will just get people asking the right questions and a few dyno places getting popular for using the machines correctly.

    What's the point in pointless content anyway?

    Sorry if I come accross as harsh but I know you see my point.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    When I come to the US we will spend a few hours together and you'll agree on the things you disagree on right now.
    No worries, let me know when Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    You will lose no contect. You will just get people asking the right questions and a few dyno places getting popular for using the machines correctly.

    What's the point in pointless content anyway?
    You would be surprised how people eat up meaningless crap, look at the bimmerpost homepage.

    Additionally, even if a graph is worthless people think it isn't. This is what many tuners count on, no offense to anyone.

    I see your point and think you are right, time to do something about it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    If you want to compare a little better on a dynojet I would ask the dealer to reflash it back to stock(which they can do) run it on the dynojet to establish a baseline then get the dinan again and repeat. I was planning on doing the dinan but had some issue with the car and it is now on hold.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    If you want to compare a little better on a dynojet I would ask the dealer to reflash it back to stock(which they can do) run it on the dynojet to establish a baseline then get the dinan again and repeat. I was planning on doing the dinan but had some issue with the car and it is now on hold.
    This is also a very good option.

    Jimefam, personally, for the N63 I recommend OE Tuning. Greater gains than Dinan, less money. Also, I believe their EZ Flash unit is compatible with it (valet, stock, etc., programs) making it quite appealing.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Points
    2,779.7
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    I was about to say the same thing. I need a good AWD dynojet around here...EPLs dyno wasn't bad but just such a far drive. Need to find one in NJ somewhere that doesn't have a nit twit operator.

    Fabspeed makes exhausts for the 996 and 997 turbos, they must have a dyno or someone close by..

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    I was about to say the same thing. I need a good AWD dynojet around here...EPLs dyno wasn't bad but just such a far drive. Need to find one in NJ somewhere that doesn't have a nit twit operator.

    Fabspeed makes exhausts for the 996 and 997 turbos, they must have a dyno or someone close by..
    they do have a dyno, and im 99% sure its AWD too, since theyd specialize in the porche's.. Fabspeed that is

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Fabspeed makes exhausts for the 996 and 997 turbos, they must have a dyno or someone close by..
    They have a dynojet.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alextremo Click here to enlarge
    Say that three times fast...

    Picture says it all. Advertised a 24% gain in hp, experienced 12%. Advertised a 27% gain in tq, experienced 23%.

    Same dyno, same day, same gas. Only 2hp between the last 2 pulls, so learning seemed to be complete.

    Attachment 5169
    Bumping this up cause I was looking at my old dyno and yours. Alex when you did your dyno did you use 5th gear? Your 1:1 ratio is with 5th, if you used 4th it could have thrown your readings off. I ask because when I went to do mine the operator wanted to use 5th instead of 6th because he said in 6th the speed was too high but I told him I'd take it off the dyno because I wasn't gonna pay for an inaccurate reading.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    198
    Rep Points
    127.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Honestly i dont remember. i doubt it was 5th though since i think it would have reached the speed limiter when stock.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Well I've never tested it but tomorrow I'll make a few passes in 5th and see what difference there is in power if any. I would assume power would be higher in the lower gear but the difference may be inconsequential. If iirc we were right at the limiter in 6th but the ratios are different.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •