Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Production numbers for 335

Anyone have any idea how many 335i's and how many 335is's are being produced in 2011? Since the year basically just started production will probably be determined by demand, but I was hoping to get an idea how many is's are planned to be produced. I have a black on black coupe with a 6 speed and I was hoping to find out how rare they are. I live in St. Louis, MO and I know that there are only a hand full of them. So if you have any info or if you have heard any rumors lemme know! Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is tough to find, I have looked for the breakdown for 2011 but can't find it.

Maybe someone else will be able to.

If it is 2011 on though basic 335's it is N55 not N54 though right? So are you looking for N54 numbers?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, I supose you could sort the 335's based on engine. I have a feeling BMW uses a "right in time" production schedule or something similar. In this case demand for the is will determine the production numbers. I just hope that the numbers are low and I have a feeling in this economy that will be the case. I would just like to get an idea if its hundreds or thousands being produced. To the average person the is is just another 3 series and I have a feeling that few people besides BMW enthusiasts even know they exist.

Maybe if I search my VIN or something I could get some info? I know my dealer wont know $#@! because they knew less about the car than I did when I showed up to test drive it.

BTW thanks for the reply.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly, your car won't be really all that rare. There are thousands of manual black on black 3 series with either the N54 or N55.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale