Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

High resolution side profile shot of the N20B20 revealing the manifold

Sorry to give you pictures of the motor in bits and pieces like this, but they are hard to come by. Earlier this month we showed a low resolution picture of the motor. It was the best we had, until now. We have a high resolution side profile shot of the motor revealing some more details. Does not seem to be too large of a turbo sitting in there.

Click here to enlarge

Previous Image:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

looks like it has tons of potential Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I love that exhaust manifold!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would love to see a cutaway shot. That looks like a really well thought out, compact engine. Hopefully the internals and fuel system are strong enough to support replacing the tiny exhaust manifold, turbo, and intercooler and increasing the boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

that looks real nice. cant wait till one of those come out and get tuned. gtis might get their asses handed to them haha
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by metrik Click here to enlarge
    I would love to see a cutaway shot. That looks like a really well thought out, compact engine. Hopefully the internals and fuel system are strong enough to support replacing the tiny exhaust manifold, turbo, and intercooler and increasing the boost.
    I'm hoping space constraints aren't going to be a problem on this one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    that looks real nice. cant wait till one of those come out and get tuned. gtis might get their asses handed to them haha
    The 2.0T is going to be the main motor I'm interested in seeing how this stacks up to.

Guys have gotten what, 600 whp out of those?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

This is gonna be the new 2.0T $#@!es!!!!
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The 2.0T is going to be the main motor I'm interested in seeing how this stacks up to.

Guys have gotten what, 600 whp out of those?
    yes sir max 2.0t FSI got 650 whp. i think it will be a couple years before this engine will be able to hit those types of power levels
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

If I were RB, Shiv, Terry, CPE etc... I would get my hands on one of these things ASAP; its going to be the next tuner car of the decade. Whoever can offer the first bolt on turbo upgrade plus tune will be banking.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    If I were RB, Shiv, Terry, CPE etc... I would get my hands on one of these things ASAP; its going to be the next tuner car of the decade. Whoever can offer the first bolt on turbo upgrade plus tune will be banking.
    I concur, you sir are correct Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    You are definitely correct.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So I see a FAT cylinder head. Man that thing is huge! Reminds me of the older 318's. I never did understand why the engine was so wide. Anyway, it appears to be a chain driven engine, so that's not new for BMW but see what looks like an A/C compressor and not a power steering pump. Are they going electric? Also, is that an electric water pump too? Hmmm. This little guy might be able to bang off 30 MPG no problem. It looks like it also has that funky vaccuum wastegate though. that makes things harder for the aftermarket, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    So I see a FAT cylinder head. Man that thing is huge! Reminds me of the older 318's. I never did understand why the engine was so wide. Anyway, it appears to be a chain driven engine, so that's not new for BMW but see what looks like an A/C compressor and not a power steering pump. Are they going electric? Also, is that an electric water pump too? Hmmm. This little guy might be able to bang off 30 MPG no problem. It looks like it also has that funky vaccuum wastegate though. that makes things harder for the aftermarket, right?
    Interesting insight.

I don't know if it is just me though but that turbo looks baby sized, just freaking tiny.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It's not the size of the ship, its how you sail it! Here's a picture of a k03 and a k04 from my 2.0t for reference. It looks about the same. The manifold looks a bit better on the BMW though. Click here to enlarge

I really hope that the turbo can flow like or better than the k04!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

^ Those look bigger to me but hard to tell really.

This motor should likely be similar to the 2.0t in many respects, which is a good thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

^ Those look bigger to me but hard to tell really.

This motor should likely be similar to the 2.0t in many respects, which is a good thing.
    It is very similar to the TSI and this is a twinschroll type manifold so i like it.

looking at the k04/k03, damn sticky you're right it the turbos look tiny like the mini cooper s turbos and those turbos are mini sized.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The runners to each scroll do look good, I just wish the turbo itself was a bit bigger. No doubt this engine will have a large following, I'm guessing much larger than the N52. It will be a fun motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    The runners to each scroll do look good, I just wish the turbo itself was a bit bigger. No doubt this engine will have a large following, I'm guessing much larger than the N52. It will be a fun motor.
    Will be no comparison to N52. Although with the entry level for boost being pushed down even further I'm afraid the amount of brats with boosted BMW's is going to quadruple.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

That's not always a bad thing. Sure, you'll have to fish through a lot of "what should I do to my N20 to make it fast" threads, but it will help the aftermarket for all of us.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    That's not always a bad thing. Sure, you'll have to fish through a lot of "what should I do to my N20 to make it fast" threads, but it will help the aftermarket for all of us.
    True, more volume but also more of the poorly educated and entitled BMW crowd that doesn't really fit in here. Maybe a good thing though for everyone, we will just have to wait and see. I am excited about the positive prospects.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

True, more volume but also more of the poorly educated and entitled BMW crowd that doesn't really fit in here. Maybe a good thing though for everyone, we will just have to wait and see. I am excited about the positive prospects.
    thats what you need to get the site big enough to sell to IB though Click here to enlarge

but seriously, what is this motor going in? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    thats what you need to get the site big enough to sell to IB though Click here to enlarge

but seriously, what is this motor going in? Click here to enlarge
    new base model 3 series/5 series i'm guessing... "328" type thing
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

oh just $#@!in great, now base model gets the turbo.. you think shivpost is bad now..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    oh just $#@!in great, now base model gets the turbo.. you think shivpost is bad now..
    YO DAWG I HERD U LIKE TURBOS, SO I PUT A TURBO ON YOUR BASE MODEL BMW SO GUIDOS CAN BUY SHIVS PRODUCTS

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast