Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    People are so caught up in ethereal bull$#@!, 'soul', 'spark', 'flare', can you $#@!ing define that $#@! for me please because i have no clue what your talking about?

"hey billy, I just got stiffer shocks, it added 3 lbs of flare and subtracted 7 inches of spirit, but overall I dyno'd 22 more soul at the wheels"

kthxconfused
    You are smart enough to figure it out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    And as for the GT500, its a pig - if that car shedded about 800-1000 pounds it would be a monster.
    The gt500 starts out at 3750 which I believe is lighter than the gtr! The area in which the gt500 lacks is traction and the slow hand of the driver shifting.

2011 stock with tires: rw95gt ------------------------- 1.64 60ft - 11.27 @ 122mph 100% Stock on slicks 11/13/10 Fayetteville Motorsports Park NC
    2011 skinnies tires rest stock: rw95gt ------------------ 1.62 - 11.16 @ 124mph 100% Stock on racestars 11/13/10 Fayetteville Motorsports Park NC
    2010 stock with tires: MD03SVT ----------------1.656 - 7.328 - 11.368 @123.89 100% stock on slicks 11/10/09 Napierville Dragway Montreal Canada 2010 GT500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    A 458 makes you feel alive, you pay for intangibles. The GTR is just a machine designed around a set of goals. The Japanese are great imitators, not innovators. They took a target, the 997 turbo, and did their best to reach it. It may have the specs on paper but it will never feel or drive like a 911 which is part of what you pay for. A GT3 may be slower than a GTR in a straight line, but it is a far more exhilarating drive.

You should know having driven an M3, there is more to a car than just its specs or numbers.
    well said. I could of bought a GTR, just a car I have no interest in.

its not about how fast you get there, but how much fun you have getting there. So whatever makes you enjoy driving you should get.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I dunno but I want one of them GT-R's without the soul cause I've driven the $#@! out of one on the track and it gave me some of the best feelings in a car I've had not the same feelings as say a GT3 RS which I've also driven, just different. And the new 2012 model seems to be even better so I can't wait to drive one I might finally order one. And all the talk about the technology making it souless is BS imo. Jeremy Clarkson said the 599 GTO made him feel like he was a big slab of meat in the car going for a ride while it took care of everything else and thats supposed to be one of the most hardcore Ferrari's ever and I sure wouldn't mind having one of those either.
    Kees on M5 Board is my bitch....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

122, still slower than a Z06 even with the updates.

These are more realistic times though, good job by motortrend.
    Sucks they didn't do a burn out before the drag race....
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    I dunno but I want one of them GT-R's without the soul cause I've driven the $#@! out of one on the track and it gave me some of the best feelings in a car I've had not the same feelings as say a GT3 RS which I've also driven, just different. And the new 2012 model seems to be even better so I can't wait to drive one I might finally order one.
    One of the best racing vids I have ever seen. I have posted this before but thought it would go great with your post....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    Jeremy Clarkson said the 599 GTO made him feel like he was a big slab of meat in the car going for a ride while it took care of everything else and thats supposed to be one of the most hardcore Ferrari's ever and I sure wouldn't mind having one of those either.
    I only watch TopGear/JC Videos for fun , nothing more. Don't give a thing about his oppinion about cars ! if it was an Aston Martin 599 GTO he would say it's the best car ever

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    ^Mike not to go off topic, but just seeing the race video of the F458 vs Turbo S, made me wonder something. You have a faster 60-130 time than Drew (dlsj5). But yet you lost to the Turbo S (w/out NOS). The F458 took the Turbo S by 1.5-2 car lengths. And Drew beat a F458.

So made me think if you 2 raced next to each other his car would be faster,

but since you have the faster 60-130 I would think if you ran next to each other your car would be faster. (old car Click here to enlarge )

My 2 oposing ideas. Thats weird, right? Made me wonder why? Conditions? Weather? Obviously done in different places but it made me think, when I watched the vids.

(thing has nothing to do with either kit, nothing to do with ESS, nothing to do with Gintani. Im just wondering about the outcomes and the cause, because they contradict each other )
    Man I don't know.. It's just too many variables. I was going a too slow (30 mph) in 2nd gear when I sounded the horn. The M3 likes to hit it around 6000rpm and I was not even close to that. You can see the Turbo S get the jump on me in the video, but I enjoyed it because it showed the power of my car reeling him in.

Drews time is like .18 secs off my time, so I'm sure he can beat that number in the right conditions and traction.

A 458 makes you feel alive, you pay for intangibles. The GTR is just a machine designed around a set of goals. The Japanese are great imitators, not innovators. They took a target, the 997 turbo, and did their best to reach it. It may have the specs on paper but it will never feel or drive like a 911 which is part of what you pay for. A GT3 may be slower than a GTR in a straight line, but it is a far more exhilarating drive.
    You should know having driven an M3, there is more to a car than just its specs or numbers.
    I love to mod cars, wanted another dual clutch transmissions, and AWD so the GT-R was a natural progression for me. The GT-R already has many performance upgrades and transmission upgrades available while the 997.2 does not.

It does not need a soul, because it's the Devil!
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    I love to mod cars, wanted another dual clutch transmissions, and AWD so the GT-R was a natural progression for me. The GT-R already has many performance upgrades and transmission upgrades available while the 997.2 does not.
    The 997.2 is another $50k+. Additionally, it is faster out of the box and offers greater prestige/exclusivity that a Nissan will never match.

As a performance platform, the GTR has a far greater heft which works against it. Tuning really comes down to who spends more, the turbo has a devoted aftermarket and people are working on that trans we speak.

I respect the performance the GTR offers but the 997.2 turbo is a superior vehicle in my mind and a no brainer assuming money is no object.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The 997.2 is another $50k+. I respect the performance the GTR offers but the 997.2 turbo is a superior vehicle in my mind and a no brainer assuming money is no object.
    I'm sure most of us would be driving Veyrons and TT Lambos is money was no object.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure most of us would be driving Veyrons and TT Lambos is money was no object.
    I should have phrased it differently. I mean if the money differential between the two is not a factor then it is a no brainer.

A large part of the GTR's appeal is its value.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I would rather have the 997 .2 any day of the week over a GTR honestly. I'm not saying the GTR sucks. I would also rather have the z06 over the GTR as well.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12