Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Pagani Huayra Coming to the U.S. -

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Love to see one of these in person. Went to the Pagani factory in Italy and it is astonishing! Loved the Zonda and Im sure this will be amazing.

Published Feb 16, 2011

Just the Facts:
    Pagani Automobili said it will begin selling its new supercar, the Huayra, in the U.S. in 2011.
    The Huayra's 6.0-liter V12 delivers more than 700 horsepower and 738 pound-feet of torque, and is mated to a seven-speed sequential gearbox with a dual-disc clutch.
    Top speed is said to be in excess of 230 mph.

SAN CESARIO SUL PANARO, Italy Pagani Automobili, the Italian supercar builder, said it will begin selling its new Huayra in the U.S. in 2011. The car will be publicly unveiled next month at the 2011 Geneva Auto Show.

Founded by Argentinian-born Horacio Pagani, the automaker is making its first official foray into the American market. Its previous supercar, the Zonda, was never sold in the U.S.

"We are thrilled at the opportunity to represent the Pagani brand in the United States and we look forward to the successful launch of the Huayra," said Horacio Pagani, in a statement. "This automobile is the result of five years of dedicated effort from the Pagani team and we see this as an unprecedented opportunity to continue expanding our vision of the future for the supercar industry."

The new Huayra features gullwing doors, adjustable aerodynamics, a twin-turbo AMG engine and a projected price tag of well over a million dollars.

The 6.0-liter V12 delivers more than 700 horsepower and 738 pound-feet of torque, and is mated to a seven-speed sequential gearbox with a dual-disc clutch. Top speed is said to be in excess of 230 mph.

The car rides on Ohlins adjustable shock absorbers and Pirelli P Zeros.

The Huayra's monocoque is constructed of carbon-titanium wrapped around a semi-chrome moly tube frame. Curb weight is a surprisingly light 2,976 pounds. The car features bi-xenon headlamps, LED daytime running lights, side air intakes and computer-controlled flaps to adjust drag and downforce. Exhaust exits through an MHG titanium system with quad tailpipes.

The jazzy interior boasts an aluminum instrument panel with central multifunction display, a center console machined from a single block of aluminum and a central touchscreen/high-def multimedia system with integral audio and navigation.

Inside Line says: Don't expect to pass one on a Middle America highway. Paul Lienert, Correspondent
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Lamborghini LP-700 has the same specs and it will cost 1/4 of the price. Not to mention the Hyuaseguaya is HIDEOUS!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    The Lamborghini LP-700 has the same specs and it will cost 1/4 of the price. Not to mention the Hyuaseguaya is HIDEOUS!
    thats like comparing porsche and ferrari IMO. At least with the Zonda, its not just about specs, its about the entire package. Ferrari nor Lambo could touch the Pagani Zonda in that area. The quality of the materials inside, the leather, the stitching, everything about it, the amout of detail in each car is untouched. Its a different kind of car. So hopefully this new model lives up to the Zonda
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    thats like comparing porsche and ferrari IMO. At least with the Zonda, its not just about specs, its about the entire package. Ferrari nor Lambo could touch the Pagani Zonda in that area. The quality of the materials inside, the leather, the stitching, everything about it, the amout of detail in each car is untouched. Its a different kind of car. So hopefully this new model lives up to the Zonda
    Oh so true! It is seriously a very purpose-driven car. It is seriosuly the last of a dying breed and the type of car that makes you feel important! Even if a lambo could pass it in the 1/4 mile, I would rather a zonda Huayra. It is like the most harmonious car... but my ultimate favourite is the Zonda R. Although, knowing Zonda, they will probably release iterations that make you want to cry!

Actually, if you look inside the Huayra, you can see that it is on an entirely different level on all levels. Just a special car with real soul. On another note, that is a car that you seriously do not want to touch in any way...
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    Oh so true! It is seriously a very purpose-driven car. It is seriosuly the last of a dying breed and the type of car that makes you feel important! Even if a lambo could pass it in the 1/4 mile, I would rather a zonda Huayra. It is like the most harmonious car... but my ultimate favourite is the Zonda R. Although, knowing Zonda, they will probably release iterations that make you want to cry!

Actually, if you look inside the Huayra, you can see that it is on an entirely different level on all levels. Just a special car with real soul. On another note, that is a car that you seriously do not want to touch in any way...
    Thank you. Its good to have someone agree. Pagani is just another level, you cant compare the 2. Not just about performance always.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then a Bugatti would be a better car for that price if you wanted the best engineering and quality or even better a Aston Martin One 77. If performance wasn't your first criteria the One 77 is definitely the best car you could buy for 1 million dollars.

The Zonda was great, this new Pagani is nothing special. Did anyone see the sketches of the Huayra before the design was changed?

This is the actual concept study design from Pagani. It was later change to the Huayra.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by 1cleanAMG; 02-16-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^definitely not their prettiest design. The rims look like they're 24's
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^definitely not their prettiest design. The rims look like they're 24's
    Its obviously a Concept Sketch but you can see what the design language could have been.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then a Bugatti would be a better car for that price if you wanted the best engineering and quality or even better a Aston Martin One 77.
    No it wouldn't.

Plus, the Huayra doesn't have the same engine specs as the LP-700. The LP-700 is a 6.0 V12 N/A, the Huayra's is 6.0 V12 Twin Turbo. The Lp-700 has 479 lb/ft of torque, while the Huayra has 738 lb/ft of torque. Nevermind the fact that the Huayra weights well under 1000lbs less than the Veyron and 300 lbs less than the AM 77.
    Last edited by GT3; 02-16-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its obviously a Concept Sketch but you can see what the design language could have been.
    I can see what you mean but the design is a bit radical too. The huayra actually keeps alot of the original pagani design queues alive and the whole
    Elegance part is infused neatly. It's going to be a debate and if you do not grow to like it on your own I can't force you to or covincr you to, but at least know that ther are people who would like the huayra the way it is and there will be people who prefer tue buggatti and some the 1-77! It's all opinion my friend and I totally see your point.
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    I can see what you mean but the design is a bit radical too. The huayra actually keeps alot of the original pagani design queues alive and the whole
    Elegance part is infused neatly. It's going to be a debate and if you do not grow to like it on your own I can't force you to or covincr you to, but at least know that ther are people who would like the huayra the way it is and there will be people who prefer tue buggatti and some the 1-77! It's all opinion my friend and I totally see your point.

The Huayra is an amazing machine don't get me wrong but it aint special like the Zonda. The Zonda was radical when it came out. The Huayra doesnt have that wow factor that the Zonda had.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
    No it wouldn't.

Plus, the Huayra doesn't have the same engine specs as the LP-700. The LP-700 is a 6.0 V12 N/A, the Huayra's is 6.0 V12 Twin Turbo. The Lp-700 has 479 lb/ft of torque, while the Huayra has 738 lb/ft of torque. Nevermind the fact that the Huayra weights well under 1000lbs less than the Veyron and 300 lbs less than the AM 77.

Yes. Thats on the Performance side. But the engineering and quality of the Bugatti and the One-77 is way above of the Huayra. The interior on the Huayra is beautiful but it doesn't have the quality and engineering of a One-77 or a Bugatti.

I was comparing the One-77 and the Bugatti since DD GT3 said performance wasn't all...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The interior on the Huayra is beautiful but it doesn't have the quality and engineering of a One-77 or a Bugatti.
    Not trying to be a dick, but how have you come to that conclusion? Have you sat in any of these cars? Felt the leather? Did a door test?

Based on the pictures below, how have you determined that the Huayra lacks quality or engineering?

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

I love the AM77 interior, but do not see it taking anything away from the Huayra...

Maybe its the Brown leather throwing you off. My point is that you are just assuming the lack of quality based on your personal preference and opinion of the car, not the actual known quality/engineering of its materials...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No it wouldn't.

So we cant compare a 458 Italia and a MP4-12c because The Italia is a NA V8 and the Mp4-12c is a Twin Turbo V8. Thats BS
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not trying to be a dick, but how have you come to that conclusion? Have you sat in any of these cars? Felt the leather? Did a door test?

Based on the pictures below, how have you determined that the Huayra lacks quality or engineering?

I love the AM77 interior, but do not see it taking anything away from the Huayra...

Maybe its the Brown leather throwing you off. My point is that you are just assuming the lack of quality based on your personal preference and opinion of the car, not the actual known quality/engineering of its materials...
    Yes, I have sat in a Veyron. The interior is unbelievable. The other two I haven't had the opportunity.

Pagani lacks the resources VW Group or Tata Motors has. Just by how much spent developing each you can deduce it lack the engineering and quality.

The interior of the Pagani is great but thats a Zonda... The Huayra has basically the same interior but for that price wouldn't you expect the Huayra to be above and beyond the Zonda?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So we cant compare a 458 Italia and a MP4-12c because The Italia is a NA V8 and the Mp4-12c is a Twin Turbo V8. Thats BS
    No one said they couldnt be compared. You claimed, "The Lamborghini LP-700 has the same specs (as the Huayra)", which is not the case...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ill say one thing! I doubt any car can touch the pagani's interior except for the bugatti which im sure uses some insane materials.

I mean come on look at this

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No one said they couldnt be compared. You claimed, "The Lamborghini LP-700 has the same specs (as the Huayra)", which is not the case...
    and you replied by saying a NA engine and a FI engine cant be compared...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ill say one thing! I doubt any car can touch the pagani's interior except for the bugatti which im sure uses some insane materials.
    I will say it again. The interior of the Pagani is great but thats a Zonda... The Huayra has basically the same interior but for that price wouldn't you expect the Huayra to be above and beyond the Zonda?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The interior of the Pagani is great but thats a Zonda... The Huayra has basically the same interior but for that price wouldn't you expect the Huayra to be above and beyond the Zonda?
    Both cars sell for about the same $1.5M when new, so I dont see how one should expect it to be better than the other; although it is, simply because its a new model.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you look deep inside the skin you can clearly see the effort and the engineering that it took to make it. I doubt the Huaynga can compare.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    and you replied by saying a NA engine and a FI engine cant be compared...
    Really? Where? Click here to enlarge Show me...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Really? Where? Click here to enlarge Show me...

Plus, the Huayra doesn't have the same engine specs as the LP-700. The LP-700 is a 6.0 V12 N/A, the Huayra's is 6.0 V12 Twin Turbo. The Lp-700 has 479 lb/ft of torque, while the Huayra has 738 lb/ft of torque.
    Thats kind of what you implied. They have similar specs... Anyways you are derailing the convo. The Pagani doesnt have the engineering or the quality (not looks) that the Veyron or the One-77 has plain and simple.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you look deep inside the skin you can clearly see the effort and the engineering that it took to make it. I doubt the Huaynga can compare.

http://www.astonmartinpic.com/astonm...r-the-skin.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...depth202-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...ssisn110-1.jpg
    Pagani did that years ago with the Zonda:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge