Close

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 347
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    62
    Rep Points
    60.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I know you are, I just want to take a peek under your hood Click here to enlarge

    This setup sounds like it will be cost effective, really a great development.
    I'll try and take some pictures and get them to you this week.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jason S. Click here to enlarge
    I'll try and take some pictures and get them to you this week.
    Thank you!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    387
    Rep Points
    237.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Great news! e85 is pretty nice.. Poor mans race gas lol...

    Jason, have you thought about trying some E98 just for $#@!s?

    The other good thing i like about this is you race your cars, so im sure once you get a clutch in that thing it might be the first E46 M3 in the 10's?? hurry up lol

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,302
    Rep Points
    2,757.3
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Reputation: Yes | No
    We have a few stations around here with E85, I still haven't ruled it out of the new setup. An LS motor on ethanol should allow for some good numbers.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Discussion on this was closed on fanatics, big surprise. Oh well, once again BB has to be the source of relevant information.

    I hope you will keep that in mind Jason Click here to enlarge

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    293
    Rep Points
    226.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Another thread on fanatics was first closed, then deleted... In it he posted the following:

    I have had several questions asking about the relatively lack of low end on the 573whp pull. If you missed it in the video, the car was running out of pump above 6k, so you can see the mixture lean out (the lower graph under the dyno graph is a/f). When it got happy, is when the extra 2psi of boost came in and you see power pick up. So for most of the run, the boost was at 7psi.
    Click here to enlarge
    In this dyno graph, the boost was a constant 5psi. You can see the curve makes more sense. (Ignore the first part....I forgot to turn off the ProEFI traction control. )
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    293
    Rep Points
    226.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    I replied with:

    I've never run E85 (no stations within 200 miles until recently Click here to enlarge ), roughly what type of AFRs should you see compared to gasoline


    Edit: google search seems to indicate that wideband AFR sensors/gauges calibrated for gasoline won't read the true AFR for E85.

    what stoich E85 looks like on gasoline AFR gauge: 14.7 (actual: 9.8)
    what max power lean E85 looks like on gasoline AFR gauge: 12.8 (actual: 8.5)
    what max power rich E85 looks like on gasoline AFR gauge: 10.5 (actual: 7.0)

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    62
    Rep Points
    60.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Discussion on this was closed on fanatics, big surprise. Oh well, once again BB has to be the source of relevant information.

    I hope you will keep that in mind Jason Click here to enlarge
    Definately! I am going to do a two month trial and see where it goes. I'm happy to help out with questions in anyway I can. Here are a couple of dyno graphs. The first one is a straight 5psi pull to redline (ignore the beginning, I forgot to turn off the ProEFI traction Control). The one you have seen in the video was 7psi through the middle, and 9psi over the last 1500rpm or so.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    293
    Rep Points
    226.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Lol no sooner do I post that, and its back with him a sponsor.


    edit: lol beat to the punch

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    260.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    where are the vbox / dbn results of these stage 3 / 4 M3s?

    were they built to finish 6th gear on a dyno jet?

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    2,342
    Rep Points
    768.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Mert troll^^^^^

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    293
    Rep Points
    226.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Lol Mert, this is not HPF -- this is proEFI. You might even be interested in it since you planned on going back to SMG...

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    387
    Rep Points
    237.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I have to admit, after watching the video this ECU is pretty badass...

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    62
    Rep Points
    60.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    where are the vbox / dbn results of these stage 3 / 4 M3s?

    were they built to finish 6th gear on a dyno jet?
    Are these rhetorical questions?

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks for all your input Jason. It's great to see a serious tune developer come out and share knowledge with our community. Everyone is very impressed with what you have done.

    I heard somewhere that the ProEFI also works on the GTR, is that correct?

    How easy is it to adapt to a domestic car, japanese car? Engines with 5 cylinders? Can it handle Rotaries? How does it compare in functionality to Bigstuff 3 or FAST? Does it require in depth knowledge of programming code, or is the GUI handheld screen the means of user interaction? If so, that is fantastic. Please get back to me with these answers because I have other cars that may need future tuning solutions.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    very very cool ECU.

    i hope e85 becomes more prevalent at my local stations in the future. such a great way to stretch your performance dollar. just wish it were more readily available.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    E85 is the perfect fuel. High octane, very knock resistant and cheap.

    It also burns cleaner so it helps satiate the green eco fags.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    E85 is the perfect fuel. High octane, very knock resistant and cheap.

    It also burns cleaner so it helps satiate the green eco fags.
    do they even have hippies in zimbabwe?

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    62
    Rep Points
    60.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for all your input Jason. It's great to see a serious tune developer come out and share knowledge with our community. Everyone is very impressed with what you have done.

    I heard somewhere that the ProEFI also works on the GTR, is that correct?

    How easy is it to adapt to a domestic car, japanese car? Engines with 5 cylinders? Can it handle Rotaries? How does it compare in functionality to Bigstuff 3 or FAST? Does it require in depth knowledge of programming code, or is the GUI handheld screen the means of user interaction? If so, that is fantastic. Please get back to me with these answers because I have other cars that may need future tuning solutions.
    Thanks! If you visit the Proefi website, you will see we have an application for the GTR, RX-7's, and the flexibility to run a 5 cylinder if you want to. The two mentioned systems are really pretty basic systems for racing purposes. If you download the software from the site, you will see all of the features that are available..it's pretty intensive.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jason S. Click here to enlarge
    Definately! I am going to do a two month trial and see where it goes.
    So they managed to extort you eh? Click here to enlarge I'll give you a much better deal than whatever they offered you, period.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jason S. Click here to enlarge
    The first one is a straight 5psi pull to redline (ignore the beginning, I forgot to turn off the ProEFI traction Control). The one you have seen in the video was 7psi through the middle, and 9psi over the last 1500rpm or so.
    Thanks for the graphs, what I was waiting on. The curve looks pretty good to me, looks like spool is around 3500, is that right?

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for all your input Jason. It's great to see a serious tune developer come out and share knowledge with our community. Everyone is very impressed with what you have done.

    I heard somewhere that the ProEFI also works on the GTR, is that correct?

    How easy is it to adapt to a domestic car, japanese car? Engines with 5 cylinders? Can it handle Rotaries? How does it compare in functionality to Bigstuff 3 or FAST? Does it require in depth knowledge of programming code, or is the GUI handheld screen the means of user interaction? If so, that is fantastic. Please get back to me with these answers because I have other cars that may need future tuning solutions.
    I have some of these same questions but what I really want to know is are we going to see this on other BMW's?

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    62
    Rep Points
    60.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have some of these same questions but what I really want to know is are we going to see this on other BMW's?
    Absolutely...demand will dictate what gets attention next. What do you guys think are the popular platforms to mod?

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jason S. Click here to enlarge
    Absolutely...demand will dictate what gets attention next. What do you guys think are the popular platforms to mod?
    I think if you can get this to work on an S65 and S85 and N54 you will have started a revolution.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    62
    Rep Points
    60.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I think if you can get this to work on an S65 and S85 and N54 you will have started a revolution.
    I'm still learning all the body classes...what series and years are those?

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    293
    Rep Points
    226.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    By numbers alone, the N54 and its not even close.

    edit, from wikipedia:

    2007–2010 E90 Sedan 335i
    2007–2010 E91 Touring 335i
    2007–2010 E92 Coupé 335i
    2007–2010 E93 Convertible 335i
    2008–2010 E60 Sedan 535i
    2008–2010 E61 Touring 535i
    2008–2010 E82 Coupé 135i
    2008–2010 E88 Convertible 135i
    2009– F01 Sedan 740i
    2009– BMW X6 xDrive35i
    2009– BMW Z4 sDrive35i
    2011– E92 Coupé 335is
    2011– E93 Convertible 335is
    2012– Morgan Eva GT
    2012– E82 Coupé 1-series M Coupe


    S65 is E9x M3
    S85 is E6x M5/M6

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •