Close

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

dude i had no clue this was on e85, that really changes the whole game. sticky do we got any places to get e85 here or its hard to get?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    sticky do we got any places to get e85 here or its hard to get?
    I was actually searching on this topic the other day. Did not find much.. don't know where to get E85 at the pump in LA or Orange counties.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I was actually searching on this topic the other day. Did not find much.. don't know where to get E85 at the pump in LA or Orange counties.
    yea i was searching on google right now too. alli found was 100 octane and up gas stations, i guess racegas is more common to use here.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

dude i had no clue this was on e85, that really changes the whole game. sticky do we got any places to get e85 here or its hard to get?
    Here, this should help: http://e85prices.com/e85map.php

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Here, this should help: http://e85prices.com/e85map.php
    damn look at the difference in how much there are in the mid east compared to cali/west side.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

damn look at the difference in how much there are in the mid east compared to cali/west side.
    Where is corn grown?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Where is corn grown?
    oh yea... makes sense.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is awesome news! Looking forward to more details.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stahlgrau Click here to enlarge
    This is awesome news! Looking forward to more details.
    Same, we need more info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Here are some more details on the Pro 128 ECU and some pics, it retails for $2,199:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Just so you know ProEFI is used on other platforms very successfully.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Just so you know ProEFI is used on other platforms very successfully.
    Not familiar with them, so go ahead and share.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Where is corn grown?
    It's actually a bit more complicated than that. The corn is grown in the midwest, however all of that corn has to go to refineries... (that oil companies own). So the problem isn't location by growth, it's population. The oil companies have been fighting this movement tooth and nail. Brazil uses 80 of it's fuel is sugar grown ethanol, the rest of their oil is domestic except for like 5%. They went that route during oil embargoes years ago. The oil companies know the potential for loss of sales on their end, so they have been fighting it like crazy. One of my friends owns 14 gas stations in the Phoenix area, and he has been trying to get approval to put in Ethanol at stations HE OWNES for several years. Only as of mid 2010 was he finally successful. The Obama administration is mandating more growth in this area, so the oil companies aren't able to carrie as much clout to prevent it. You will see them more and more in the higher populated states very soon. We have them pretty readily available now, and a year ago...you couldn't get it. You can purchase 55 gallon drums of E100 from you racing fuel supplier...it's still under $3 a gallon, and waaaaaayyyy cheaper than race gas. Sucks to have to pump it in your garage...but it is an option.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You sir, are going to change the game.
    That is the idea! Click here to enlarge I was going to take some video of the traction control in action, but I am going to have to put that off until I get a clutch in the car. So that is next. I think while I am at it, I am going to put a fuel system in the car as well, then I can put down some real numbers! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of the initial gripes I heard about the proEFI was the dealer vs customer software (the customer software being limited to more of the basics). Is this still the case? For example, from watching your knock-control videos, it looks like you've setup the proEFI to retard timing and add fuel within a range of values based on the severity of the knock (minor knock looked like 2* retard and 15% more fuel). But within a few seconds it seemed to go back to base timing.

Is it correct to assume that with the dealer software, a tuner could increase the time delay it takes to return to base timing/fuel -- but someone using the consumer software could not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spdu4ea Click here to enlarge
    One of the initial gripes I heard about the proEFI was the dealer vs customer software (the customer software being limited to more of the basics). Is this still the case? For example, from watching your knock-control videos, it looks like you've setup the proEFI to retard timing and add fuel within a range of values based on the severity of the knock (minor knock looked like 2* retard and 15% more fuel). But within a few seconds it seemed to go back to base timing.

Is it correct to assume that with the dealer software, a tuner could increase the time delay it takes to return to base timing/fuel -- but someone using the consumer software could not?
    You can make a change to every table and option you want with the user software. The dealer software is required because it automatically configures itself for new firmware updates. The user software has to be coded to read new options and so forth. So Dealers are required to have the dealer software for that reason. If they request a change and need to test it, the new changes won't show up in the user software. They get put in the user software when the changes are validated working properly. You aren't 'Locked' out of ANYTHING you need access to.

I only use the dealer software when I am developing a new platform that requires multiple firmware changes daily testing different strategies. An example would be how we handle the SMG shift torque management. I went through about a dozen iterations of torque management strategies to come up with the one the works on ALL shift settings 1- 6, and manual modes. From a tuning stand point... I only use the user software. Maybe we should rename the user software to just ProEFI software, and the dealer software to basic plain and boring software. Click here to enlarge The user software is 1000times nicer than the dealer software.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just poked around a bit with the user software and it does seem plenty capable. Seeing user-defined turbo shaft speed error logic/actions makes me want to take a closer look at the new EFR turbos too...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jason, could this setup work with a S/C? I know the boost adjustability wont happen but I was thinking about running larger injectors a T-trim blower and take advantage of E85. Your thoughts?
    Last edited by mpoweroo1; 02-16-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mpoweroo1 Click here to enlarge
    Jason, could this setup work with a S/C? I know the boost adjustability wont happen but I was thinking about running larger injectors a T-trim blower and take advantage of E85. Your thoughts?
    Absolutely!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jason S. Click here to enlarge
    It's actually a bit more complicated than that. The corn is grown in the midwest, however all of that corn has to go to refineries... (that oil companies own). So the problem isn't location by growth, it's population. The oil companies have been fighting this movement tooth and nail. Brazil uses 80 of it's fuel is sugar grown ethanol, the rest of their oil is domestic except for like 5%. They went that route during oil embargoes years ago. The oil companies know the potential for loss of sales on their end, so they have been fighting it like crazy. One of my friends owns 14 gas stations in the Phoenix area, and he has been trying to get approval to put in Ethanol at stations HE OWNES for several years. Only as of mid 2010 was he finally successful. The Obama administration is mandating more growth in this area, so the oil companies aren't able to carrie as much clout to prevent it. You will see them more and more in the higher populated states very soon. We have them pretty readily available now, and a year ago...you couldn't get it. You can purchase 55 gallon drums of E100 from you racing fuel supplier...it's still under $3 a gallon, and waaaaaayyyy cheaper than race gas. Sucks to have to pump it in your garage...but it is an option.
    Yep, this is the main option, getting it in a large drum from your race fuel dealer. Not bad necessarily, but not as convenient as having it at pumps.

I understand the reason why the oil companies would fight it but that still would not explain why concentration is in the states that grow it. Logical correlation would suggest the reason it is so big in the midwest is due to the corn being grown there. If refineries are the problem why does the midwest get to much and the West Coast for example gets a handful? Ethanol can be shipped once it leaves a refinery as obviously the E85 that reaches pumps in the MidWest had to go to one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Absolutely!
    This just gets better and better.

Would you mind sharing though whose manifold you are using? Would definitely like some pics of your engine bay as well. You can't post or upload pics being a guest vendor but I would gladly post them for you if you e-mail me with them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, this is the main option, getting it in a large drum from your race fuel dealer. Not bad necessarily, but not as convenient as having it at pumps.

I understand the reason why the oil companies would fight it but that still would not explain why concentration is in the states that grow it. Logical correlation would suggest the reason it is so big in the midwest is due to the corn being grown there. If refineries are the problem why does the midwest get to much and the West Coast for example gets a handful? Ethanol can be shipped once it leaves a refinery as obviously the E85 that reaches pumps in the MidWest had to go to one.
    It's because those are agricultural places, so the Co-ops have all the incentives, and the populations are small. So the Oil companies basically let that slide rather than fight it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This just gets better and better.

Would you mind sharing though whose manifold you are using? Would definitely like some pics of your engine bay as well. You can't post or upload pics being a guest vendor but I would gladly post them for you if you e-mail me with them.
    I am using the stock intake manifold! Click here to enlarge It's a lot stronger than people think! Click here to enlarge I have had 15psi of boost through it without any issues at all. Unfortunately I didn't have enough pump to take that one to redline or it would have made some real power!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

It's because those are agricultural places, so the Co-ops have all the incentives, and the populations are small. So the Oil companies basically let that slide rather than fight it.
    Makes sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

I am using the stock intake manifold! Click here to enlarge It's a lot stronger than people think! Click here to enlarge I have had 15psi of boost through it without any issues at all. Unfortunately I didn't have enough pump to take that one to redline or it would have made some real power!
    I know you are, I just want to take a peek under your hood Click here to enlarge

This setup sounds like it will be cost effective, really a great development.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast