Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Question DP reviews? And FMIC question...

I've been looking for downpipes for a LONG time, and I know it's getting to that time where I'm going to have to choose soon. But after I decided on AR design, I saw that a few other manufacturers have come out with downpipes for the e60 with a much smaller price tag. So I was just wondering if anyone had used or heard about any of these other manufacturers? If so please give some feedback! Click here to enlarge

Another point, I've been thinking about my build and I'm going to want/need to get an FMIC, and seeing as there are NONE that I know of for the e60, I'm thinking about having one fabricated. Question is: does anyone have a link that is basically an outline of what I need and where to pick it up, what kind of places I need to go to find the services to put this together, etc...? Basically a step by step how to build your own. Haha...thanks guys! Click here to enlarge

Hworang00
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Moved to the N54 section as that is where you want this Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Regarding the FMIC and building your own, this is the guy to contact and also take a look at his thread: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...d-HPF)-for-300
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    But after I decided on AR design, I saw that a few other manufacturers have come out with downpipes for the e60 with a much smaller price tag. So I was just wondering if anyone had used or heard about any of these other manufacturers? If so please give some feedback!
    Remember, you get what you pay for.

AR-Design's downpipes are a quality option, you know they fit well. There is a reason they are popular.

List the other manufacturers as I'm not familiar with many others making 535 options and we can evaluate them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The only other one I've seen so far is the Active Autowerke 535 downpipes from one of our new sponsors PSI (535 dp). And I know you get what you pay for, just want to make sure! Click here to enlarge Plus it's always nice to get assurance before dropping 1200 bucks on a part before install. Haha, btw happy new year sticky, haven't talked to you in a while! Click here to enlarge

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    The only other one I've seen so far is the Active Autowerke 535 downpipes from one of our new sponsors PSI (535 dp). And I know you get what you pay for, just want to make sure! Click here to enlarge Plus it's always nice to get assurance before dropping 1200 bucks on a part before install. Haha, btw happy new year sticky, haven't talked to you in a while! Click here to enlarge
    You have to make the financial decision that is best for you.

A downpipe is a great upgrade for the N54.

AA is a quality option and you can be sure PSI will take good care of you. I can say the exact same about AR Design, quality option and arguably the best DP on the market. You can't go wrong with either and those are the two main choices in my mind.

Happy new year Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What about the macht schnell dp,s?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alessandro Click here to enlarge
    What about the macht schnell dp,s?
    VERY good fitment and quality, as well as EGT bungs pre-installed for monitoring.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    In regards to the reviews on the AA pipes I grabbed a few real quick for you.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nedim
    I bought the AA downpipes from mike. They are great and sound good too
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alexc93
    i got them. perfect. get em'
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by techlogik
    I've seen them in person at Lutz Perf...they are nicely made.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com
    They are some really nice pipes I have to say. Had a few local customers order them so had a nice look. Nice quality, nice finish and the reports about fitment have been that they are spot on!

Mike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sunnydshine
    I bought a set from mike also. I received them a few weeks ago but I have been busy. However today I got them installed. the fitment is great. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by balance
    great downpipes. my car got probably 20% funner to drive after them:confused0068: the car feels so much more open.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i
    I have them and love them. Fitment is spot on and I love the way the car sounds now. Barely louder than stock on idle ... but amazing on cold start and above 2500 rpm
    On the FMIC - I would give Michael at ETS a shout if there aren't any options available to you. They do good stuff there and do their own fabrication. They also have very fair prices.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

^ Nice freaking work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yup, awesome thanks!! Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Pretty sure niether AA or MS offer E6x fitment. The link you posted says 535, but shows 335i DP.
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Can't go wrong with AR Design. Weld Quality is among the best Ive ever seen. I have some pics comparing AR to a UR pipe...you get what you pay for.

I've installed all brands of DPs and AR knocks them out of the water. Sure they fit good, but what about 02 sensor placement? AR is the only one where I can get the front O2 sensors screwed in with minimal effort. The others have the bungs so far down I have to unclip the wires from all their holders just to get enough length to screw them in.

Ive replaced more than one O2 after people DIY and leave the O2 wire touching the hot manifold...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hmm got it got it, I'll do some more research and let you guys know what I decide to do...

Click here to enlarge