Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

RHD Single Turbo Tune

Looking for some experienced opinions on tuning my Motiv adapted RHD ST and the associated software/hardware?

I have up to date JB4 with FF manifold and PI along with stage 3 LPFP etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Post a log on map1 and lets see where it stands as is.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I need to determine the car tuning hardware ahead of start up which is still a couple of weeks away due to engine bay clean up and custom parts Terry. Now is the time to make a decision on tune options.

I would like to be able to pootle around on 98 (95US) most of the time at low boost and switch to e85 for higher HP fun at times. Continental sensor is setup in fuel system.

My options as I see it;

1. JB4 and a Trebila flash (because its currently on car) utilizing MAC solenoid.

2. DME with MHD flash using spring pressure with a boost controller.

3. Motiv Boost Box and Pro Tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Basic setup directions for the JB4 are here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20406

Feel free to ask any JB4 specific questions in the thread and if you need tuning help then post the logs in n54tech's support forum and we can help on that front. Alternatively Trebila can probably help you sort the details as well.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for your input Terry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135i2 Click here to enlarge
    I would like to be able to pootle around on 98 (95US) most of the time at low boost and switch to e85 for higher HP fun at times. Continental sensor is setup in fuel system.

You are going to love MHD Flex Fuel Click here to enlarge
    BIG things coming soon Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona@motiv Click here to enlarge
    You are going to love MHD Flex Fuel Click here to enlarge
    Will speak with Jake H to chat about tuning this week if we can align time zones.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will speak with Jake H to chat about tuning this week if we can align time zones.
    Where are you located?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Where are you located?
    Follow the yellow brick road to The land of Oz

Australia :-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Follow the yellow brick road to The land of Oz

Australia :-)
    You guys have several good tuners from what I've heard...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    While there are very competent tuners in other platforms, N54 is scarce on the ground. All the back end flashes come from Trebila or the few options out of the states. There are a few who know their way around the likes of JB4 etc. but there isn't anyone deep into manipulation of the DME and vanos tables to my knowledge. Happy to be corrected on this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    While there are very competent tuners in other platforms, N54 is scarce on the ground. All the back end flashes come from Trebila or the few options out of the states. There are a few who know their way around the likes of JB4 etc. but there isn't anyone deep into manipulation of the DME and vanos tables to my knowledge. Happy to be corrected on this.
    Hmmm so who do you guys go to mostly? Remote tuners?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Justin's (JD75) tuning with Trebila flashes are the best option in Sydney.
    Lots of guys fiddle with their own JB4's and MHD tunes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spoken to Jake H and the Motiv boost box and MHD are a no-brainer.

Few more questions and details to get across but Jake has kindly offered to tweak it remotely while we have it on the dyno.

Just have to get the lazy-arsed fabricator to finish minor bits and its all go-go.