Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Mayweather s. McGregor August 26

Does anyone care? Personally, I just think it's a cash grab for both. They both are very similar self-promoters.

McGregor can't beat Floyd in boxing, come on. I think he knows he'll lose, he'll take his big check, then say Floyd should fight him in the Octagon so they double dip essentially and each saves face fighting on their own terms.

Whatever. I'm not ordering.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i cant believe this is happening! and i am stoked ! i am ordering it as the unknown factor is huge (sure most likely mw is gonna slip and evade connor but just the 1 in 100 chance that connor lands a huge left hand is worth the watch)

i didnt like connor at first, but if he wins this fight then he would have to go down as goat

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They are just playing the public for a payday man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well hopefully connor goes headhunting instead of dancing with floyd for 12 rounds as that would suck worse than the mw vs pacman fight lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All the pressure is on Mayweather.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More of this sounds fun:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i think its gonna be like this lol

https://instagram.com/p/BTRb6EsBQf2/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Too funny but right on!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gaspam Click here to enlarge
    i think its gonna be like this lol

https://instagram.com/p/BTRb6EsBQf2/
    Not found?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not found?
    is link not working? I couldnt embed it on here.... its basically a vid spoof of terminator with floyd running from conor (which many are afraid what will happen the whole fight, no engaging)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/3...nator-2-chase/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    is link not working? I couldnt embed it on here.... its basically a vid spoof of terminator with floyd running from conor (which many are afraid what will happen the whole fight, no engaging)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/3...nator-2-chase/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ thats the one, thanks Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As a boxing fan I'm looking forward to it. Not because I think it will be a good fight, but because I know Mayweather will absolutely dominate McGregor. Boxing's popularity has been on the decline for the better part of 2 decades now. I think (and hope) this will interest more people in boxing. There was a time not too long ago when every bar here would be packed for big fights, but with one of the biggest fights of the year happening this weekend (Kovalev-Ward) there is only a single place even airing the fight. It sucks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw Click here to enlarge
    As a boxing fan I'm looking forward to it. Not because I think it will be a good fight, but because I know Mayweather will absolutely dominate McGregor. Boxing's popularity has been on the decline for the better part of 2 decades now. I think (and hope) this will interest more people in boxing. There was a time not too long ago when every bar here would be packed for big fights, but with one of the biggest fights of the year happening this weekend (Kovalev-Ward) there is only a single place even airing the fight. It sucks.
    Because guys like Mayweather have killed the sport. People want to watch two guys trade blow after blow, not watch someone dance around for 12 rounds. Boring af.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pr3ci5n335i Click here to enlarge
    Because guys like Mayweather have killed the sport. People want to watch two guys trade blow after blow, not watch someone dance around for 12 rounds. Boring af.
    Very true.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pr3ci5n335i Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, no one wants to watch a tiny man run around the ring playing slap boxing for points. Last time boxing was big was during the Tyson days, because he was wrecking fools. Until there is a heavyweight that brings back brawling, boxing will remain dead. MMA has sped up the decline of boxing, everyone now knows a one dimensional fighter doesn't last a round in a real fight.

If this were actually a real fight, Mcgregor would end it quick. Part me hopes Mcgregor does a Mike Tyson biting of the ear and just spinnng back kicks Mayweather's ribs into a bag of bones.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, no one wants to watch a tiny man run around the ring playing slap boxing for points. Last time boxing was big was during the Tyson days, because he was wrecking fools. Until there is a heavyweight that brings back brawling, boxing will remain dead. MMA has sped up the decline of boxing, everyone now knows a one dimensional fighter doesn't last a round in a real fight.

If this were actually a real fight, Mcgregor would end it quick. Part me hopes Mcgregor does a Mike Tyson biting of the ear and just spinnng back kicks Mayweather's ribs into a bag of bones.
    Lol I kind of thought this too, and maybe McGregor would come out and throw a nasty unchecked leg kick to slow Floyd down and be like "opps! I didn't mean to do that " and get a ref warning , and continue on fighting with a limping Floyd that won't be able to run as much lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's a simple cash grab that the "casuals" will eat up. Any combat sports fan knows this is a joke of a fight. Also sticky you must be on some good crack if you think Floyd would ever take a fight vs any MMA fighter in a cage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Zombie1 Click here to enlarge
    It's a simple cash grab that the "casuals" will eat up. Any combat sports fan knows this is a joke of a fight. Also sticky you must be on some good crack if you think Floyd would ever take a fight vs any MMA fighter in a cage.
    I just see the potential for shearing the sheep twice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just really hope McGregor gets tired of chasing him around and eats the multimillion dollar fine for giving him a nice kick to the head.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Um:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

^ they made a stupid comparison as conor is training on a teardrop uppcut bag while floyd is training on a double-end stiking bag.......uppercut bag is not a speed bag like the double-end strike bag floyd was training on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ they made a stupid comparison as conor is training on a teardrop uppcut bag while floyd is training on a double-end stiking bag.......uppercut bag is not a speed bag like the double-end strike bag floyd was training on
    Sure but he still looks slow compared to Floyd.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its like saying the guy doing the breast stroke looks slower than the guy doing freestyle swimming ... 2 different techniques

Floyd also looks flat footed an 0 power in that clip Click here to enlarge of the punches in the 2 clips which one would you rather take the face? i would take the floyd option Click here to enlarge

jose aldo looks faster than floyd and we all know what happened to aldo Click here to enlarge (not that i believe conor will win)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its like saying the guy doing the breast stroke looks slower than the guy doing freestyle swimming ... 2 different techniques
    I see your point but I just am impressed with Floyd's speed at his age.

I think he trounces Connor and it won't be much of a fight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast