Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Ok, so how about an explanation of this 3d mapping and why a handful of people only would need or want it with meth?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

how about simply having a basic switch set to a boost level that won't engage until it reaches high RPMs? I have mine set to spray at 11psi through a basic kit, and I never hit boost part-throttle. I see how there would be additional benefit starting meth flow around 10 psi ramping to 100% flow around 15 psi utilizing a progressive controller, but until Shiv posts some hard data regarding this impending PnP meth kit of his, I am hesitant.

I see how this would allow for a more precise methanol injection, but for those of us who do almost no driving at 60-75% throttle where this sort of mapping would be beneficial, I don't see the need.

And FYI guys - my SnowPerformance flow sensor has been running 90/10 - 100% meth for nearly two months now without a hiccup. I am starting to believe the bearings in both the coolingmist and labonte flow sensor are from the same manufacturer, since both suggest a maximum of a 70/30 mix... curiously.
    Last edited by themyst; 02-15-2011 at 11:08 PM. Reason: additional info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ok, so how about an explanation of this 3d mapping and why a handful of people only would need or want it with meth?
    3D mapping is required for platforms that are open loop fueling during WOT. The motor needs less volume down low and more up top. So you'd map based on boost and RPM for example. But with the N54 being closed loop it's sort of moot as the DME will just lower IPW if you over meth. If the objective is to minimize meth usage mapping more sophisticated than what most use now, 25% @ 8psi 100% @ 12psi, can be beneficial. But then you have guys like Ben running a 10psi on/off switch without issue for months. All in all I don't think there is much to any of this in the real world.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    3D mapping is required for platforms that are open loop fueling during WOT. The motor needs less volume down low and more up top. So you'd map based on boost and RPM for example. But with the N54 being closed loop it's sort of moot as the DME will just lower IPW if you over meth. If the objective is to minimize meth usage mapping more sophisticated than what most use now, 25% @ 8psi 100% @ 12psi, can be beneficial. But then you have guys like Ben running a 10psi on/off switch without issue for months. All in all I don't think there is much to any of this in the real world.
    Thank you, this is what I wanted to know.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456