Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Actually that configuration is very limiting. The valve can accept no more than 150psi on the back end and has a very large pressure drop through it, someone told me as high as 80psi, so you wind up with a low injection pressure. This requires very large nozzles to get enough flow. But then atomization at lower flow levels greatly suffers. This arrangement has been tried by all of the major meth makers over the years and only one offers a system featuring it. The pump mounting location is novel though!
    Interesting....However I would like to see a pump speed system do this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is easy to replicate on most systems. You are turning on and off solenoids rapidly. While it looks cool, as long as you have the ability to turn on/off solenoids its not difficult at all to do.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by coolingmist Click here to enlarge
    This is easy to replicate on most systems. You are turning on and off solenoids rapidly. While it looks cool, as long as you have the ability to turn on/off solenoids its not difficult at all to do.

CM
    OK, Then lets see a PPS system spray down to 25% of full flow while maintaining proper atomization and not just shooting a stream.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

25% dutycycle on our pump will atomize just fine. Your style of system gives decent consistent atomization, however our style of system has better atomization up top where its needed most and good atomization down low.

Both systems work, there are pluses and negatives to everything. I have been around the block a few times and I can tell you that while there is nothing wrong with your system, its very elegant in design, it also has flaws like all else.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I like the simplistic approach. Aquamist way of meth has wider range, i.e. is able to deliver very small amount of liquid when needed.

What I wonder is if the suggested 50/50 with dual M7 is enough for the most heavily modded. Shiv says the system would work for upgraded turbos as well, but I would believe the fueling is not enough with the suggested way.
    No counter arquments on the inadequacy of meth flow? I believe we need to turn to Howerton or Aquamist directly to get a solution that is able to flow more than this one...

Edit: I mean out of Aquamist based products.
    Last edited by 654; 02-10-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No counter arquments on the inadequacy of meth flow? I believe we need to turn to Howerton or Aquamist directly to get a solution that is able to flow more than this one...

Edit: I mean out of Aquamist based products.
    That has to come from someone who has actually tested the system not "heard" and neither Howerton eng or Aquamist are regestered here AFAIK.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jason Click here to enlarge
    That has to come from someone who has actually tested the system not "heard" and neither Howerton eng or Aquamist are regestered here AFAIK.
    I have contacted them by mail directly for my previous cars and I know, if needed, they will come up with a better solution and deliver it even if it would be a one-off.

I'm just a bit surprised that Shiv is not interested in commenting on the flow. Is that a sign for the capacity being the weak spot in his kit? The flow is enough for the most though, and the kit looks good in other aspects.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is no doubt that it will flow less than the traditional pump systems. All you need to do is look at how small the PWM valve is. PWM valves are small and fast, but dont flow much.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I'm just a bit surprised that Shiv is not interested in commenting on the flow. Is that a sign for the capacity being the weak spot in his kit? The flow is enough for the most though, and the kit looks good in other aspects.
    For what setups or for whom is the flow not enough or adequate?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have contacted them by mail directly for my previous cars and I know, if needed, they will come up with a better solution and deliver it even if it would be a one-off.

Maybe he has not checked it yet. It just requires him to put the nozzle in a container and run it for 30 seconds or a minute and see how much volume was produced. The pressure drop would require a guage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is no doubt that it will flow less than the traditional pump systems. All you need to do is look at how small the PWM valve is. PWM valves are small and fast, but dont flow much.

CM
    Just saw this on Howertons site....Each PWM is rated for 1600cc's of flow. I don't consider that not flowing much.

http://howertonengineering.com/2010/...-hfs-6-system/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Right. And I once read that BMW has a bullet proof fuel pump.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Well in response to questions about the flammability of the 50/50 mix, Shiv did a couple impromptu youtube tests to show that under normal conditions, it does not burn. Maybe he'll get a free sec to check out the flow on his new setup.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    Well in response to questions about the flammability of the 50/50 mix, Shiv did a couple impromptu youtube tests to show that under normal conditions, it does not burn. Maybe he'll get a free sec to check out the flow on his new setup.
    I dont think Shiv is that incompetent. If he said that he should stay away from Methanol injection. 50/50 mix burns, the flame is just invisible. The more water you have the higher the flash point and the boiling point. Its safer for that very reason. I once saw a mustang running 40% methanol advance auto wiper fluid blow the manifold off the car when he had a backfire. That was quite an explosion.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Right. And I once read that BMW has a bullet proof fuel pump.

CM
    Are you saying that it won't flow the advertised amount ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you think it will flow 3200 cc/m? Not a chance to do it with any atomization at all on a single pump. Considering 3200 cc/m is 85% of the pump capacity, you do the math.

If your valve can flow that much, then its much larger than a traditional PWM valve and will be much slower. You cant have it both ways. This is probably why Aquamist does not advertise response times of the valve like he did on the old ink jet printer valve they used in the HFS5 and 2D systems.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you think it will flow 3200 cc/m? Not a chance to do it with any atomization at all on a single pump. Considering 3200 cc/m is 85% of the pump capacity, you do the math.

If your valve can flow that much, then its much larger than a traditional PWM valve and will be much slower. You cant have it both ways. This is probably why Aquamist does not advertise response times of the valve like he did on the old ink jet printer valve they used in the HFS5 and 2D systems.

CM
    If you read farther down it says a custom pump was used. So Yes I believe it was pushing 3000cc as the site claims. And its not my valve....its aquamists.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

good to know, its not as fast as a true PWM valve. I think this is why they changed the name from "HSV" (High speed valve) to "FAV" Fast acting valve.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

good to know, its not as fast as a true PWM valve. I think this is why they changed the name from "HSV" (High speed valve) to "FAV" Fast acting valve.

CM
    We are driving the solenoid at 30Hz and it gives a nice stable flow (out of the nozzles) from as low as 15% DC. Goes static at approx 90%. Pretty wide dynamic range.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Here's the videos I saw that Shiv posted up in regards to the flammability of the 50/50 (boost juice) mix. I feel people are getting wrapped around the axle on this. I think everyone understands that the meth is going to evaporate out of the water over time and that high temperatures are going to increase the rate, but without a unique scenario allowing a flame to get to the vapors in an instant, you should be fine. I believe all that is trying to be said is if you tank or lines leak, it's not going to catch fire like gas trail in a movie.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Here's the videos I saw that Shiv posted up in regards to the flammability of the 50/50 (boost juice) mix. I feel people are getting wrapped around the axle on this. I think everyone understands that the meth is going to evaporate out of the water over time and that high temperatures are going to increase the rate, but without a unique scenario allowing a flame to get to the vapors in an instant, you should be fine. I believe all that is trying to be said is if you tank or lines leak, it's not going to catch fire like gas trail in a movie.
    +1 Ah a reasonable person.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

SSDD, I think there is not really any disagreement in more water being a lot safer, especially so if you go >50% in water.

I guess I just sit back and wait Dzenno to try out 20psi with the RB turbos and see if he will become the guinea pig for finding out how much those nozzles will flow with the pressure the pump provides.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by SennaZ Click here to enlarge
    Nicely done Click here to enlarge

However, just wanted to point out that 50/50 methanol mixtures are flammable, and unfortunately burn with a nearly invisible flame.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by originally posted by self proclaimed tuner god
    Nope Click here to enlarge

Here's a test I did the other day. No flames. Invisible or otherwise.
    His post clearly indicated that 50/50 mix will not catch fire. While a 50/50 mix is far safer than 100% meth, it still runs a risk and as I have stated I have seen customers catch a fire with a 50/50 mix or even less. The reason for that test is because his new hardware is not compatible with 100% meth and now he has to do an about face and come up with some reason to support 50/50 mixture.

CM
    Last edited by coolingmist; 02-11-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast