Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2256 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135i2 Click here to enlarge
    andy_divers, How does the M3 diff and full craddle stand up beside the Ford 8.8?

A 6L80E could be promising?
    Andy told me recently that the 8.8 also fits the M3 for those wondering.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Andy told me recently that the 8.8 also fits the M3 for those wondering.
    are you putting this kit in your M3? How is it coming along?
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X
    2007 Subaru STI - 20G/E85 - NF Tuned
    2006 BMW X3 - dog hauler
    2005 Infiniti G35 S - drift beater

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    are you putting this kit in your M3? How is it coming along?
    Maybe. I don't know how it's coming as my tuner doesn't really bother with details, updates, or basic communication.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dmacpro91 Click here to enlarge
    Plan on getting my microcontroller software for the TCC finalized next week after I finish this next large round of JB4 Mobile updates.
    Heyy @dmacpro91, any updates on the review with the lower stall converter and the controlled lockup? How is the street driveablity?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Some pretty serious crickets on this project. My guess is something is holding up progress, I'm sure we will hear something at some point
    Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
    N54 1/2Mile World Record: 172.94MPH
    N55 World Record: 11.7ET / 122.7MPH (MT)
    N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 699WHP / 714WTQ
    N54 Twin Turbo World Record: 847WHP/ 761WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record: 585WHP / 537WTQ
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge Website - Email
    #VTTDOMINATION #VTT #VARGASTURBO #VTTBOUNTY

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by psychosinmylobby Click here to enlarge
    Heyy @dmacpro91, any updates on the review with the lower stall converter and the controlled lockup? How is the street driveablity?
    Finally got the converter shipped out yesterday so Andy should have it Wed/Thurs. Will update when I receive the converter back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Some pretty serious crickets on this project. My guess is something is holding up progress, I'm sure we will hear something at some point
    I'm hoping it's because he's so busy working on all the JB4 mobile updates queued up. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2256 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So where are we with this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

as stated above we will see the converter hopefully tomorrow

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Have you attempted a different TCM stand alone? The 411 pcm works great as a stand alone for the 4L80E. I have installed it into a 69 Camaro, 67 Mustang, and 98 truck. The JB4 can utilize the signal provided by the pcm to display the gears or speed accurately... Just 2 cents...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trevorlee02 Click here to enlarge
    Have you attempted a different TCM stand alone? The 411 pcm works great as a stand alone for the 4L80E. I have installed it into a 69 Camaro, 67 Mustang, and 98 truck. The JB4 can utilize the signal provided by the pcm to display the gears or speed accurately... Just 2 cents...
    Going to try to make this TCU work since it's already installed and should work well (enough) for what it is. Need to measure the current sink on my TCC lockup wire when I get this all back together. Should be able to have the JB4 drive that wire to ground for lockup without any issues. Just need to enable it based on speed and boost (or maybe just speed).

Also the trans itself is being sent to RPM Transmissions for a Level 5 build so I should be all set next time I get to the track. http://www.rpmtransmissions.com/page77.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also the trans itself is being sent to RPM Transmissions for a Level 5 build so I should be all set next time I get to the track. http://www.rpmtransmissions.com/page77.html
    I can only imagine how much you have spent on all these transmissions. Hopefully you end up with solid results from all your efforts.
    2007 335i E92 | 6AT | MOTIV 750 single turbo | MOTIV port injection | Stage 3 LPFP | Quaife | Íhlins | Brembo | Akrapovic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Going to try to make this TCU work since it's already installed and should work well (enough) for what it is. Need to measure the current sink on my TCC lockup wire when I get this all back together. Should be able to have the JB4 drive that wire to ground for lockup without any issues. Just need to enable it based on speed and boost (or maybe just speed).

Hopefully, it can do it at the 35Hz that is utilized to control TCC apply force. Straight 12VDC will end up burning up the TCC solenoid. Should only draw about 1.5 amps with the correct pulse width modulation frequency. Comparing vehicle speed to engine speed and factoring in the gearing should give a good indication to the duty cycle required for the PWM signal to the TCC lockup...

Jake's performance has a 4L80E with a GM V8 in his BMW, he sort of went through this a while back...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blaster400 Click here to enlarge
    I can only imagine how much you have spent on all these transmissions. Hopefully you end up with solid results from all your efforts.
    Yea I hope so. Just on trans stuff alone (Level 10 "1000 hp" build lol, 6MT swap, 4l80E swap, built 4l80E) it is somewhere around $25k.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trevorlee02 Click here to enlarge
    Hopefully, it can do it at the 35Hz that is utilized to control TCC apply force. Straight 12VDC will end up burning up the TCC solenoid. Should only draw about 1.5 amps with the correct pulse width modulation frequency. Comparing vehicle speed to engine speed and factoring in the gearing should give a good indication to the duty cycle required for the PWM signal to the TCC lockup...

Jake's performance has a 4L80E with a GM V8 in his BMW, he sort of went through this a while back...
    I don't need to drive it manually luckily. The TCU has its own TCC lockup wire that engages lockup when grounded. Pretty sure it's just a digital signal and won't require more than 20mA on the high side.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea I hope so. Just on trans stuff alone (Level 10 "1000 hp" build lol, 6MT swap, 4l80E swap, built 4l80E) it is somewhere around $25k.
    whoa.
    2008 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy $#@! $25k...the average N54 build nowadays including the purchase price of the car is probably less than you just spent in transmissions! lol

RPM builds legit trannys though so this should work out well.
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X
    2007 Subaru STI - 20G/E85 - NF Tuned
    2006 BMW X3 - dog hauler
    2005 Infiniti G35 S - drift beater

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345