Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

bimmerboost software flasher still available?

Hi everyone, sorry if this is a real noob post, I have tried searching but cant find an answer. Can anyone tell me if the bimmerboost open source flashing software is still available? If not, is there a better one available now?

Also, just a random question based on some things i've read but, will i need an ICOM unit to flash/update my car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2203 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's in the process of being updated.

You can always use an old version.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335Owner Click here to enlarge
    Hi everyone, sorry if this is a real noob post, I have tried searching but cant find an answer. Can anyone tell me if the bimmerboost open source flashing software is still available? If not, is there a better one available now?

Also, just a random question based on some things i've read but, will i need an ICOM unit to flash/update my car?
    Super creative name you gd dmn noob. Pic of gf's tits or ban

Ok, now that hazing is done. No, you do not need an ICOM just standard DCan, although ICOM would probably be ideal. Read up and good luck
    Now about that pic...

Edit: I'm really good at delegating if I can be of assistance in updating software.
    Edit2: Sh!t, not even the right thread. Someone fix. (perfect example of edit 1 skillz)
    2010 N54 - DocRace - Motiv - CKI - TCKR - Volk - ER - CSF - Vorsteiner

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hahaha i'm liking it here already. I'd have a pic of the g/f's tits, if she'd let me!

Thanks for the replies. Where do i get the software? I've already tried the downloads section but all i see are bin files and some pdf's.

I've got a DCAN cable and INPA/ISTA but i dont have an ICOM. From what I've read so far i need one to update the software in the car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Actually for the bimmerboost software (old versions) you need a bavtech cable. Any one will do, with or without licenses.

MHD needs a DCAN cable, but it has to be a good one (generally transparent cable with the GREEN pcb inside).

If your car is I8A0S (2007, some 2008), IJE0S (some 2008, 2009+), or INA0S (335is) then you need no updates. If it's not, you'll need a DCAN cable to update, and MHD or INPA.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah thats a shame, i dont have a bavtech cable. I do have MHD flasher but havent purchased it yet as i wanted to get everything up to date and all errors resolved first. I have a DCAN cable and INPA and the new ISTA+. ISTA+ needs an ICOM as far as i'm aware to update modules. It certainly prompts for one when i try. o you have any notes on how i do it with INPA and no ICOM?

Mine's a 07/2007 model, where will i find what I8A0S is??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah thats a shame, i dont have a bavtech cable. I do have MHD flasher but havent purchased it yet as i wanted to get everything up to date and all errors resolved first. I have a DCAN cable and INPA and the new ISTA+. ISTA+ needs an ICOM as far as i'm aware to update modules. It certainly prompts for one when i try. o you have any notes on how i do it with INPA and no ICOM?

Mine's a 07/2007 model, where will i find what I8A0S is??
    If you have MHD and the cables then it doesn't matter, if you ever purchase the flasher module you can update it by "returning to stock", but otherwise just connect and read codes and it will tell you your software version. Then you can update the hard way with the BMW software if you choose.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It seems like MHD is the way to go. Thanks for the info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2203 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah thats a shame, i dont have a bavtech cable.
    This is being addressed with the new version. I'd say be patient but there is no ETA. Maybe someone you know has one you can borrow?

People seem to be happy with MHD so you can always try that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it. Unfortunately i dont know anyone with a bavtech cable.

Thanks for the info everyone.