Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yup i left the car with mechanic... ill try to get a senso and change that and oil tomorrow. Ill upload a vid of the car once warm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

1st video is a start up after the car is warmed up... this vid is right after a drive anywhere while the car is running.. it doesnt smoke on deceleration or acceleration... only on the initial start ups.. "Yup the car has the loudest freaking valve knock ive heard (never mis shift this car... it actually came over night believe it or not.. no CEL, no misfire codes for it, doesnt affect performance.. nothing.. it actually just happened a week before my hexons blew up. Literally just random (i wouldnt even be surprised if noone believes that but its 100% true)

anyways.. the vid

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is how bad the smoking can be on a start up (always the 1st start up of the day). then completely just goes away... there is no trace of oil in any spot from overnight, no lines felt kinked nor any trace of oil in the engine bay from leaking or what not... im simply just confused whats causing this... tried using a smaller restrictor for turbo still does the same thing... like you guys said the oil change and ill just replaces the oil level sensor regardless... (BMW and the genious idea of not having a simple dipstick Click here to enlarge )

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It wasn't smoking before single install, correct? If it's the "one" brand turbo I think it maybe number two
    2010 N54 - DocRace - Motiv - CKI - TCKR - Volk - ER - CSF - Vorsteiner

Click here to enlarge

Daily - '11 F02, 22" HR springs+links Click here to enlarge N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R.G. Click here to enlarge
    It wasn't smoking before single install, correct? If it's the "one" brand turbo I think it maybe number two
    Car actually didnt smoke when we did the Single turbo swap.. well at least for the week i had it. lemme see if i can do the short time stamp of my observations:

installed single turbo everything was fine and working

•updated JB4 and did OTS MHD ST flash.. then came what seem to be a downward spiral (not saying thats the cause)
    •DME mosfets went out the very next day (crazy misfire, car not able to drive)
    •Replaced mosfets
    • 30BA code went away and car is fully operable
    • Next day i noticed smoking on start up, during commute the car asked to add oil
    •Notice the car frequently asks for oil which seems strange (always add oil when car asks)
    • Changed restrictor to a smaller restictor, nothing
    • Mechanic pulled turbo, find no leaks, car still smokes on start up while guzzling and always asking for oil.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Turbo is a PTE 6266

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was the car smoking before install?

Call Precision if not, they're very smart and will tell you it's the drain, so just open with I checked it already.

Was the turbo disassembled before install to test fitment?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Was the car smoking before install?

Call Precision if not, they're very smart and will tell you it's the drain, so just open with I checked it already.
    The car smoked with hexons.. when those blew up... smoked like a chimney..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17 Click here to enlarge
    The car smoked with hexons.. when those blew up... smoked like a chimney..
    Sorry missed the timeline post. That much smoke is not going to make the car "guzzle" oil brotha. Probably overfilled. Drain / refill first thing

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    •Replaced mosfets
    • Next day i noticed smoking on start up, during commute the car asked to add oil

Did this happen during a hard pull?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Why are you changing the turbo oil restrictor sizes? Xona Rotor turbos will void your warranty if you touch the restrictor. PTE might slap you as well. You're likely going to need to cold start the car to get things coated, then shut it down and start pulling things off starting in the back and keep going till you stop seeing oil.

All this internetting won't tell you $#@!. Just start pulling parts and putting your eyes on them.
    Stuff n thangs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Convert Click here to enlarge
    Why are you changing the turbo oil restrictor sizes? Xona Rotor turbos will void your warranty if you touch the restrictor. PTE might slap you as well. You're likely going to need to cold start the car to get things coated, then shut it down and start pulling things off starting in the back and keep going till you stop seeing oil.

All this internetting won't tell you $#@!. Just start pulling parts and putting your eyes on them.

His turbo kit came with a restrictor for an off brand turbo. Hey man...internetting can help calm worst case scenario panic...so there's that at least. Not everyone is Convert studly and can just start pulling $#@! apart (and be confident they can put it back together lol)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Like someone stated.. i just bought a PTE.. they didnt give me a restrictor with it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

When i converted to single turbo with PTE6266 my car started smoking bad like yours too. Only at start up and while at a light. Compression tested great but leakdown test showed #2 cyl bad. Rebuilt motor and found severely worn rings in cyl 2. Surprised it wasn't broke yet. Stopped smoking after rebuild. If your turbo looks clean and oil lines aren't clogged or kinked i'd get a leakdown test done. My 2c

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

His turbo kit came with a restrictor for an off brand turbo. Hey man...internetting can help calm worst case scenario panic...so there's that at least. Not everyone is Convert studly and can just start pulling $#@! apart (and be confident they can put it back together lol)
    If he put the kit on the car, he can surely remove and reinstall parts until the problem part is found. If he paid to have it installed, clearly he should take it back to them.
    Stuff n thangs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

If he put the kit on the car, he can surely remove and reinstall parts until the problem part is found. If he paid to have it installed, clearly he should take it back to them.
    I didnt install the turbo kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ericbh77 Click here to enlarge
    When i converted to single turbo with PTE6266 my car started smoking bad like yours too. Only at start up and while at a light. Compression tested great but leakdown test showed #2 cyl bad. Rebuilt motor and found severely worn rings in cyl 2. Surprised it wasn't broke yet. Stopped smoking after rebuild. If your turbo looks clean and oil lines aren't clogged or kinked i'd get a leakdown test done. My 2c
    I will have the shop do that thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Approximately how much is a rebuild?... doesnt have to be exact, just a ball park figure. Kinda want to go that route regardless because of the loud valve tap

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

•Replaced mosfets

Did this happen during a hard pull?

The night before there was a hard pull but no misfires. It started misfiring the very next morning, i remember after the pull, going to the gas station perfectly fine and driving home perfectly fine, turned the car on the next morning to go to physical therapy, misfire was hectic lmao. Got 2 cyl misfires and a 30BA DME code

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Anyone knows what restrictor is needed for the 6266 Journal bearing turbo???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone knows what restrictor is needed for the 6266 Journal bearing turbo???
    I looked on their site, but did not see it specifically noted.

Try: http://www.precisionturbo.net/contact/
    Stuff n thangs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Cool i called.. im using both... -10AN oil return line

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I think i found what my issue is... 3 pulls tonight helped determine this has to be my valve cover gasket... ive changed 4 coil packs this far and with 3 pulls tonight i blew cyl 5 on the 1st pull then cyl 1 next pull then cyl 3.... also when i make a pull the car feels like its fluttering. When replacing each coilpack they had oil on them..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2276 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think i found what my issue is... 3 pulls tonight helped determine this has to be my valve cover gasket... ive changed 4 coil packs this far and with 3 pulls tonight i blew cyl 5 on the 1st pull then cyl 1 next pull then cyl 3.... also when i make a pull the car feels like its fluttering. When replacing each coilpack they had oil on them..
    Update?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

did leak down and compression test.... they were within spec.... hey @Sticky can you move my previous thread post to this one?... I totally forgot that I posted this thread.

changed

Valve Cover Gasket
    6 Injectors
    24 Spark plugs (kept blowing out- now have NGK 5992)
    6 Coil packs

ALL WITHIN A 70 MILE PERIOD!!! lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast