Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 32 of 32
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    125,577
    Rep Points
    35,682.2
    Mentioned
    2256 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    357



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Definitely, But you would think there would be a few more American tuners stepping up to push the performance. Not just on the S/C V8...the S/C V6 and turbo 4 and turbo diesel 4 probably all have some significant performance left in them. If some one would push the S/C V6 I bet a lot more enthusiasts would go with say, the XE, over some of the german offerings for small sedans.
    I think the Jaguar market just doesn't have as many young people wanting to tune. That should start to change though.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    360
    Rep Points
    623.7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    While this is true, it's not always about speed. The FTR and XJR are really capable especially with bolt ons. Plus they driving experience makes up for it. While the N54 may have a better aftermarket, that's where the upside ends.
    Because racecar.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    125,577
    Rep Points
    35,682.2
    Mentioned
    2256 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    357



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedmaserati Click here to enlarge
    While this is true, it's not always about speed. The FTR and XJR are really capable especially with bolt ons. Plus they driving experience makes up for it. While the N54 may have a better aftermarket, that's where the upside ends.
    That's true.

    The XE has potential. I'm looking forward to the R.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    360
    Rep Points
    623.7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's true.

    The XE has potential. I'm looking forward to the R.
    Absolutely, the XE has alot of redeeming qualities for sure. I think it's going to be a serious contender.
    While the V8SC is outdated, it's still a no slouch. The power delivery is incredible. It will be sort of sad when it's gone in my opinion.
    Because racecar.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    125,577
    Rep Points
    35,682.2
    Mentioned
    2256 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    357



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedmaserati Click here to enlarge
    Absolutely, the XE has alot of redeeming qualities for sure. I think it's going to be a serious contender.
    While the V8SC is outdated, it's still a no slouch. The power delivery is incredible. It will be sort of sad when it's gone in my opinion.
    You make a good point. Everyone is going turbo and the SC is actually unique in this environment. Plus the 5.0 is now the biggest V8 in the segment (from the Europeans) as Mercedes phases out of the M157.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    360
    Rep Points
    623.7
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Exactly, it's like in a class of it's own, and it will be missed
    Because racecar.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,625
    Rep Points
    2,068.5
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedmaserati Click here to enlarge
    The M6 is gorgeous, but again you'll probably be overweight on most bridges.
    No, just no.
    Serious LOL moment there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •