Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R.G. Click here to enlarge
    I'm actually tackling this convert-sion once the parts I want come in. Did you ever look at the E92 M3 res tank? Am I crazy or is it more compact than the N54 res?
    I did not. Never even thought to look to see what side of the engine bay it's on. If you're serious about doing the conversion, I'll try and get some pics of the different pieces that are still visible so you can see where things were cut and whatnot.
    Stuff n thangs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Convert Click here to enlarge
    I did not. Never even thought to look to see what side of the engine bay it's on. If you're serious about doing the conversion, I'll try and get some pics of the different pieces that are still visible so you can see where things were cut and whatnot.

After looking over a few different diagrams what I'm planning to do is plumb in a secondary radiator similar to the PPK aux. rad.

The firewall coolant hose that plugs in to the bottom of #10 is very easy to tap. That will be inlet feed. The one designed for the PPK (part#64219222129) would have to be lengthened unless I want to use the OEM rad which I do not, so no sense in using that one.

I may still have to use the PPK replacement for #11 (17127602294) since tapping that well would be a $#@! and I could lengthen the added line much easier.

That line is supposed to run across the PPK fan since it is thinner but now I'm back to square one with hose routing. I'm pulling the bumper to replace one of my headlight components this weekend. I'm going to see how I can pull the secondary radiator + trans cooler with the room allotted but I know I can do it.

Once the trans cooler is installed the heat exchanger will be deleted. Rather then try to cap those coolant lines I may just run them to my wastegates :/

Still in the planning phase of Convert + coolant mod.

Click here to enlarge
    2010 N54 - DocRace - Motiv - CKI - TCKR - Volk - ER - CSF - Vorsteiner

Click here to enlarge

Daily - '11 F02, 22" HR springs+links Click here to enlarge N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The firewall coolant hose that plugs in to the bottom of #10 is very easy to tap. That will be inlet feed. The one designed for the PPK (part#64219222129) would have to be lengthened unless I want to use the OEM rad which I do not, so no sense in using that one.
    Click here to enlarge
    Not following this part. #10 is the upper radiator hose. The firewall hose you want to tap into is the return line from the heater core, which is the one that connects to #12 for the reservoir return.
    Stuff n thangs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The firewall hose that connects to #10 not the one that connects to #12 . There are two

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Convert Click here to enlarge
    Not following this part. #10 is the upper radiator hose. The firewall hose you want to tap into is the return line from the heater core, which is the one that connects to #12 for the reservoir return.
    Ok, I misread what you posted. I'd tap #12 for the *outlet and #10 for the inlet, right? This is for the second rad not the expansion tank.

I think bmw designed the PPK with #11 tapped for the aux. radiator outlet because of its location relative to the pump but not sure. Now I'm thinking it might make more sense to just use the heater deleted lines...
    Last edited by R.G.; 03-09-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Love all this upgrade talk. I'm going to get a custom tune once I upgrade the turbos and see how I net out with lowering the oil temp base to see if it keeps temps in check better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, I misread what you posted. I'd tap #12 for the *outlet and #10 for the inlet, right? This is for the second rad not the expansion tank.

I think bmw designed the PPK with #11 tapped for the aux. radiator outlet because of its location relative to the pump but not sure. Now I'm thinking it might make more sense to just use the heater deleted lines...
    Oh, for an auxiliary radiator, I would just do what the PPK kit does for line routing. I was referring to the reservoir relocation.
    Stuff n thangs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got under the car this weekend to get some planning done and...CSF rad leaking...again.

The bores for the connections were made a mm or so too large. Constant issue.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Got under the car this weekend to get some planning done and...CSF rad leaking...again.

The bores for the connections were made a mm or so too large. Constant issue.

Click here to enlarge
    $#@!, that doesn't look good. I'll send Ravi a note to chime back in here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey R.G

Berns gave me the info on your posting - I'm sorry you're having an issue with the connection of the hose to the CSF radiator machined "quick-connect" fitting.

based on our history, sales volume of this #1 model, and experience - I believe the following is happening.

Based on what it’s looking like, it’s a tolerance issue of the OEM hoses being on one side of the acceptable deviation and the CSF radiator being on the upper limit - this is causing it to leak because they are 2 deviations away from suitable matching parts - this happens with manufacturing allowances and tolerances, especially since these are machined parts - they’ll all made within a range of .xxmm, but it’s a fine connection so it has to be within the range between the hose and the connection.

Please email me your contact info, and we'll figure out a way to take care of it for you - it's info (at) csfrace dot com (trying to get around the filters for guest vendors - or PM Berns - he can give you my direct email.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by berns Click here to enlarge
    $#@!, that doesn't look good. I'll send Ravi a note to chime back in here.
    Rep ya if I could Berns. Thanks for that.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ravi_CSF Click here to enlarge

Please email me your contact info, and we'll figure out a way to take care of it for you - it's info (at) csfrace dot com (trying to get around the filters for guest vendors - or PM Berns - he can give you my direct email.
    Thanks Ravi, that's very much appreciated. Speaks volumes.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Rep ya if I could Berns. Thanks for that.

Thanks Ravi, that's very much appreciated. Speaks volumes.
    Rep was cool when I thought I had a fighting chance of winning those RBs. Now that it's over, I'll just be nice and helpful because it's who I am anyway. Hope this gets sorted for you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hey R.G

Berns gave me the info on your posting - I'm sorry you're having an issue with the connection of the hose to the CSF radiator machined "quick-connect" fitting.

based on our history, sales volume of this #1 model, and experience - I believe the following is happening.

Based on what it’s looking like, it’s a tolerance issue of the OEM hoses being on one side of the acceptable deviation and the CSF radiator being on the upper limit - this is causing it to leak because they are 2 deviations away from suitable matching parts - this happens with manufacturing allowances and tolerances, especially since these are machined parts - they’ll all made within a range of .xxmm, but it’s a fine connection so it has to be within the range between the hose and the connection.

Stand up guy right there. A new radiator just jumped a few places up the to do list...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2230 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it's info (at) csfrace dot com (trying to get around the filters for guest vendors
    In the future, don't do that. As you're helping a member with an issue let's let it slide.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hmm -- hopefully the coolant leak issue is an exception to the norm ...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2230 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ayao Click here to enlarge
    Hmm -- hopefully the coolant leak issue is an exception to the norm ...
    Aren't a bunch of guys who track running these parts without issue?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Probably. Reviews are a bit sparse overall but I'm likely to take the plunge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Aren't a bunch of guys who track running these parts without issue?
    I beat the living $#@! out of my car, on and off track, and have had no issues with the radiator or oil cooler.

There are definitely a ton of people running them successfully -- primarily the auto crowd loves this because it's the only one that fits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the helpful response. I will probably install the 7045 radiator first (side note: wise to replace upper/lower radiator hoses at the same time? Anything else?) and then decide on the 8042 rather than attack it all at once. I'm due to flush the coolant anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123