Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: e90post?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    it used to be fun back in 2007-10. When the first bunch of people bought their cars it was a pretty mature crowd, made a lot of good friends that I still see regularly today. I cant say the same for practically any other hobby (aside from the gym or crossfit).

When the F30 came out, I went to one of the first meets in the tri-state area and it was nothing but kids. Lame discussions going on so I left. The F80 crowd has proven to be just the same.

I dont know why the E9x crowd in the beginning was different. We always dined at great places, had cruises all over the place, BBQs in each others backyards, X-mas/house parties you name it. We talked mortages, buying houses, the best things to use on your lawn, vacation spots, etc.

Now its just what can I plasti-dip, check out all my options that are the same as your options, where can I find the cheapest parts...and no one is nearly as friendly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    it used to be fun back in 2007-10. When the first bunch of people bought their cars it was a pretty mature crowd, made a lot of good friends that I still see regularly today. I cant say the same for practically any other hobby (aside from the gym or crossfit).

When the F30 came out, I went to one of the first meets in the tri-state area and it was nothing but kids. Lame discussions going on so I left. The F80 crowd has proven to be just the same.

I dont know why the E9x crowd in the beginning was different. We always dined at great places, had cruises all over the place, BBQs in each others backyards, X-mas/house parties you name it. We talked mortages, buying houses, the best things to use on your lawn, vacation spots, etc.

Now its just what can I plasti-dip, check out all my options that are the same as your options, where can I find the cheapest parts...and no one is nearly as friendly.
    That's because all the kids now are spoiled, likely didn't purchase their cars, got them because they want the "prestige", and have no money for mods because they're too lazy and entitled to work for anything. They also don't know anything because their parents and teachers kept giving their underachieving asses gold stars and trophies just for showing up to class half the time.
    Stuff n thangs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

So true. Ive watched it happen from 2010 to now. These cars get cheaper, thus younger crowd that has less money can now afford them.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Convert Click here to enlarge
    That's because all the kids now are spoiled, likely didn't purchase their cars, got them because they want the "prestige", and have no money for mods because they're too lazy and entitled to work for anything. They also don't know anything because their parents and teachers kept giving their underachieving asses gold stars and trophies just for showing up to class half the time.
    This seems to be the case as well. lots of spoiled brats get them through these means.
    2008 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2204 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

There are still cool guys but with the influx of kids you see bad attitudes and just general doucebaggery.

Fortunately, this forum still has a pretty good crowd but it's also time to diverge a bit from the N54 and focus more on other platforms.

Times change.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    There are still cool guys but with the influx of kids you see bad attitudes and just general doucebaggery.

Fortunately, this forum still has a pretty good crowd but it's also time to diverge a bit from the N54 and focus more on other platforms.

Times change.
    Indeed they do. Now I know how my grandparents feel when they go off on one of those 'i remember back in the day' tangents.

Kids in general are just not being brought up the way I was...entitled bastards lol.

I had one guy who I watched someone go take his car for a spin and he's all 'yeah buddy that's that Gintani downpipe back brah....sick stuff right?'

I could have honestly cared less at that moment

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Indeed they do. Now I know how my grandparents feel when they go off on one of those 'i remember back in the day' tangents.

Kids in general are just not being brought up the way I was...entitled bastards lol.

I had one guy who I watched someone go take his car for a spin and he's all 'yeah buddy that's that Gintani downpipe back brah....sick stuff right?'

I could have honestly cared less at that moment
    Lol this exact same discussion has happened over and over forever. The world is not going to $#@! and
    "kids these days" aren't really any worse than any other generation. You are older and your perception has changed and you are looking at the past through rose tinted glasses.
    Nothing has changed, that has always been and always will be $#@!ty people/kids, your generation is not any better or worse than current or past generations.
    You should just start sitting on your porch and yelling at kids to get off your lawn.
    2007 Subaru STI - 20G/E85 - NF Tuned
    2011 335i 6MT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "The world is passing through troublous times. The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they knew everything, and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for the girls, they are forward, immodest and unladylike in speech, behavior and dress."
    Peter the Hermit in A.D. 1274

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Question: Do you think more people get their info from forums or facebook nowadays?
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Question: Do you think more people get their info from forums or facebook nowadays?
    Given my low opinion of facebook, it's typical user, and the state of the youth today....I would say from facebook.
    Stuff n thangs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Optigrab Click here to enlarge

Peter the Hermit in A.D. 1274

Lol exactly what I was saying. It is actually kinda funny that this is common sentiment is precisely why "make america great again" was such a perfect slogan. Every old person thinks that their time was the greatest and the current generation is $#@!ing everything up even when that is absolutely not the case.
    2011 335i 6MT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2204 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    ou are older and your perception has changed and you are looking at the past through rose tinted glasses.
    Nothing has changed, that has always been and always will be $#@!ty people/kids, your generation is not any better or worse than current or past generations.
    You should just start sitting on your porch and yelling at kids to get off your lawn.
    You have a point but it does not take into account the depreciation and age of a physical item.

So while old people will always $#@! about kids the E9X scene is flooded with more kids now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2204 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Informed people who want details: Forums

Everyone else: Facebook

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You have a point but it does not take into account the depreciation and age of a physical item.

So while old people will always $#@! about kids the E9X scene is flooded with more kids now.
    I think that is a separate issue. "Kids are more $#@!ty and more entitled these days" is different than "this platform has been overrun with stupid kids"
    The first one is not true and the second one has been true of every tuner culture car ever. As soon as the cars get cheap the dumb 16-20 year olds that buy the cars make everyone look bad by association.
    Subaru's, evos, DSMs, S chassis, etc etc even R32/33 GTR's have been cheap in a lot of countries and owners have a bad reputation.
    2011 335i 6MT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think that is a separate issue. "Kids are more $#@!ty and more entitled these days" is different than "this platform has been overrun with stupid kids"
    The first one is not true and the second one has been true of every tuner culture car ever. As soon as the cars get cheap the dumb 16-20 year olds that buy the cars make everyone look bad by association.
    Subaru's, evos, DSMs, S chassis, etc etc even R32/33 GTR's have been cheap in a lot of countries and owners have a bad reputation.
    Drive a Mini Countryman=asswhole

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Optigrab Click here to enlarge
    Drive a Mini Countryman=asswhole
    In my area first gen G35 coupe drivers are some of the worst people. All of them are slammed on super wide wheels/stretched tires and loud exhausts and absolutely none of them are even fast.
    2011 335i 6MT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

In my area first gen G35 coupe drivers are some of the worst people. All of them are slammed on super wide wheels/stretched tires and loud exhausts and absolutely none of them are even fast.
    Lol most of them i see belong to the kids at the grocery store.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12