Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Obioban Click here to enlarge
    Whoa there! I absolutely did not post this! I did know about it before it was posted, but did not post it up!
    Oh, you just browse logged out checking in periodically on this thread since the OP was made.... for... fun? I mean, you browse logged out why? You log in when you get caught, why?

You really think you can lie your way out of this with so much overwhelming evidence? You guys made a big mistake here today. You go and tell Robert to come fight his own battles as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Just did a quick google,
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...2&ie=UTF8&z=11

That's 40 miles away. Yes, it's the same state, but is your proposal that I drove 40 miles to post this?
    Yes, I googled as well and it is 37 miles down the 422 the whole way. Come on man, you never go into Birdsboro? You certainly know your IP shows up... hence why you did this from a different computer in another location that is still local to you.

If this escalates and this ends up at a very high level, are you really going to be able to deny you were not in Birdsboro or have any ties to Birdsboro? This whole thread will serve as a record. I would advise you to just come clean now but hey... if you keep this up, you definitely deserve whatever potential ramifications this may have. I think Powerchip has had more than enough of Robert.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

You guys love to call me a shill, but Robert told me ESS had the stroker running perfectly within a day. No idle problems, no limp mode problems, no cold start problems, no fault codes, and a perfectly working check engine light.
    (this is back when they first got the car and were just doing an NA tune for it).

Even if there's only partial truth to the OP, it still speaks a bit to the respective companies BMW tuning abilities.
    You didn't even attempt to deny it here, you were caught in spectacular fashion, just admit it and get it over with. Be a freaking man and realize you are fighting on behalf of a pathetic weasel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Just did a quick google,
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...2&ie=UTF8&z=11

That's 40 miles away. Yes, it's the same state, but is your proposal that I drove 40 miles to post this?

Here is, perhaps, a more reasonable explanation. PG sent me the above (OP) last week. I sent it to some of my local friends with the instructions not to post it anywhere. Perhaps they sent it to some of their friends as well. It's not that far of a radius to make it 40 miles.

I have never and will never post anything that has been sent to me under the assumption that I'd never post it.

As for the log in behavior above, I was checking the forum from my iPhone in bed and when I saw your post came over to the computer to write something.

If you look though your history, I think you'll see I came on yesterday at this time and friday at this time-- that's just when I wake up.
    Gosh, BimmerBoost is really popular with people in PA. What a coincidence that you sent this to your friends in PA and they just happened to know about BB and just happened to make a thread and you just happened to have been viewing it at the right time, right place.

You are an honorable guy, not posting something that was sent to you "conveniently" under the guise that it was not be posted and it just happens to get into the hands of your associates who would post it, right? What a good way to not get something posted that you don't want to get posted, by sending it to more people. What? This is your story? Man, take some time to think it through so you can at least pretend it is a decent explanation.

Who is PG addressing in the letter then? Not you specifically... IT WAS DESIGNED TO BE POSTED, NOT AS A PERSONAL LETTER.

Can your $#@! son, no more, you aren't good enough to pull it off. No one is good enough to defend you now, it's over. ESS is not getting away with it on BB, no bought off moderators to bail them out. Now you guys can deal with the consequences.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You didn't even attempt to deny it here, you were caught in spectacular fashion, just admit it and get it over with. Be a freaking man and realize you are fighting on behalf of a pathetic weasel.
    You love to give me causes I don't have. Go find any example of me defending pencil geek in any way on any forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is obvious at this point that you are in bed with ESS and M3F..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Gosh, BimmerBoost is really popular with people in PA. What a coincidence that you sent this to your friends PA and they just happened to know about BB and just happened to make a thread and you just happened to have been viewing it at the right time, right place.

You are an honorable guy, not posting something that was sent to you "conveniently" under the guise that it not be posted and it just happening to get into the hands of your associates who would, right? What a good way to not get something posted that you don't want to get posted, by sending it to more people. What? This is your story? Man, take some time to think it through so you can at least pretend it is a decent explanation.

Who is PG addressing in the letter then? Not you specifically... IT WAS DESIGNED TO BE POSTED, NOT AS A PERSONAL LETTER.

Can your $#@! son, no more, you aren't good enough to pull it off. No one is good enough to defend you now, it's over. ESS is not getting away with it on BB, no bought off moderators to bail them out. Now you guys can deal with the consequences.
    I'm not saying that necessarily is how it got posted, I'm was offering a possible alternate explanation to "Obioban drove 40 miles, created a new account (despite posting as himself the entire time on this forum), posted, drove home, woke up at 6am because he knew you posted, logged in, and posted as himself".

Why would I make an alternate account for this? I've made no secret of the fact that I think PowerChips isn't that great of a tuner. If I had something substantive I could post as myself, I absolutely would hop on that. I have no love for PencilGeek (though I do think he's the lesser of two evils between you two Click here to enlarge ).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

You love to give me causes I don't have. Go find any example of me defending pencil geek in any way on any forum.
    Go find an example of me defending PencilGeek... oh, um, being a software dealer for ESS... you just happen to get something that you say is not to be posted... you just happen to forward it to people (I'm sure with instructions in big bold red letters to not post it, which is why PencilGeek sends this stuff to people in the first place)... and you aren't defending him or trying to attack Powerchip in any way? A dream team of attorneys couldn't bail you out of this one.

You can think about it in timeout, don't ever try to pull this again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I'm not saying that necessarily is how it got posted, I'm was offering a possible alternate explanation to "Obioban drove 40 miles, created a new account (despite posting as himself the entire time on this forum), posted, drove home, woke up at 6am because he knew you posted, logged in, and posted as himself".

Why would I make an alternate account for this? I've made no secret of the fact that I think PowerChips isn't that great of a tuner. If I had something substantive I could post as myself, I absolutely would hop on that. I have no love for PencilGeek (though I do think he's the lesser of two evils between you two Click here to enlarge ).
    Why would you make an alternate account that happened to post info to try and damage powerchip and help ESS when you are selling ESS? Huh, what? Normal people wouldn't do that, but you, PG, and ESS have not behaved like normal human beings. Just like why would you be browsing it logged out periodically and only logging in once it was discovered, right? I mean, you certainly weren't trying to hide and even though you had this e-mail, you didn't post it but someone you know still managed to get it on a site you happen to know about where Powerchip is the sponsor and has been able to post their side of the ESS controversy? Man, this timing thing is just crazy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You guys love to call me a shill, but Robert told me ESS had the stroker running perfectly within a day. No idle problems, no limp mode problems, no cold start problems, no fault codes, and a perfectly working check engine light.
    (this is back when they first got the car and were just doing an NA tune for it).

Even if there's only partial truth to the OP, it still speaks a bit to the respective companies BMW tuning abilities.
    No offense Bro, and I don't know if you're responsible for the OP, however if you sent Robert's email to other people, I'm not so sure that was a good idea, the question is why would Robert send it to you in the 1st place? I will say based on your above of statement you will fit right in with ESS's marketing strategy that essentially is saying "No one else can tune safely/effectively but us." They use their customers as well to try and create doubt about other companies, It's a shame, because they make great products.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and here i was talking good stuff about ESS. its a shame, they make great products, but this tactic of theirs makes them look very bad.
    Garage Queen LSB 2001 M3 | VF Engineering Stg 1 | Black out package | Depo Smoke corners | LED smoked Tail lights | UUC short Shifter | UUC RK5 shift knob | Vorsteiner V-CSL Vented Race Hood | CF windshield washer grill | H&R Springs | HRE C21, black center with custom LSB colored Lip | BSW Stg 1 Speakers | BSW Dual 10" Sub setup
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, whatever credibility Obi had left just flew out the door. Amazing ow he attempts to act as if he is neutral and a logical, peaceful person.

West Los Angeles, California, United States
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow.

I try to stay a neutral stance on this issue because the facts are that we have two companies which make GREAT products. Why is it that PG feels the need to bash powerchip so distastefully? If he felt truly slighted then a suit would be the best action to take because these allegations are just outrageous. But then we hear the other, more logical side of the story which falsifies his claims and proves that he is getting retributions for his bad-mouthing and that is where I draw the line.

Plain and simple: act professionally

If you have a problem with a company, you clearly address that company (be it text, email, phone call, disputing, and legal action) and otherwise you shut the **** up. You know what PencilGeek is doing is committing libel/slander.

libel
    Law.
    a. defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
    b. the act or crime of publishing it.
    c. a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Definitely shows true character. Here he was trying to prove what a nice guy he was with no bias. Funny how you can tell a person has changed jusy by there posting style. Its a shame there is so much bias in this community and its allowed to be hidden with posts. That is why the other situation with the other board is happening. That is why people are turning against each other. Pathetic...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Definitely shows true character. Here he was trying to prove what a nice guy he was with no bias. Funny how you can tell a person has changed jusy by there posting style. Its a shame there is so much bias in this community and its allowed to be hidden with posts. That is why the other situation with the other board is happening. That is why people are turning against each other. Pathetic...

ya what he said ^^^

I don't like Vic or Drew all because of these forums....Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brusso Click here to enlarge
    ya what he said ^^^

I don't like Vic or Drew all because of these forums....Click here to enlarge
    Shut up before your russo jersey goes missing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Robert Collin's lies

It will take a detailed account to go into the details about why the statements made by Robert Collins are incorrect.

Instead, I will quickly raise just two of the issues, and cover the rest when I am back at work on Monday.

Firstly, Robert states......

"Before giving PC the stroker, PC represented that they had successfully reverse-engineered the MSS60 DME -- including fuel, spark, and VANOS. Upon first day arrival at the dyno, I discovered it was not true."

This statement is a LIE. This statement attempts to create an impression that Powerchip does not know which maps are fuel, spark or VANOS. This assertion is completely UNTRUE. We believe that someone that tells lies is a liar. We believe he told this lie to deliberately hurt Powerchip's business. We believe he discussed it in detail with ESS. Robert Collins purchased the Supercharger kit at a discounted price from ESS. We believe Robert Collins maintains an ongoing communication with ESS surrounding issues other than the installation of the Supercharger on his vehicle, and that he had communicated with ESS about the issue prior to the communication being posted. We believe that he communicates with ESS about Powerchip and other competitors to ESS on a regular basis.

Secondly, Robert Collins states….

“The CEO of PC emailed back yelling and screaming at me -- how dare I inquire about my own car being used for possible non-business use. He was so pissed at ME for simply asking for an explanation, that he ordered my car flashed back to stock and returned immediately.”

We do not believe that Robert’s assessment is accurate at all, we believe the entire communication between Wayne and Robert was professional at all times, have a read of the entire email history that Robert had with Powerchip’s owner. If fact, we believe that Robert lied about the tone of the communication to make Powerchip’s owner to look bad. We think he did it deliberately. We think that it is untrue to say “The CEO of PC emailed back yelling and screaming at me”. We think that statement is a lie. Wayne has never spoken on the phone to Robert at any point, and what is quoted below is the ENTIRE communication between Wayne and Robert by ANY method about the incident…….

You will notice our reference to the problems with the vehicle when the RDSport software that was fitted are mentioned. The car was not brought to Powerchip with stock software, it had RDSport software that had problems already. That is why we didnt say we would return the vehicle to stock, we said we would return it to the way it came to us, and that the prexisting problems would remain. Robert incorrectly states that Powerchip wanted to have the car...

"flashed back to stock"

It is clear that the car was not stock, this statement is untrue (again) and Powerchip didnt offer to flash it back to stock, we offered to flash it back with the faulty RDSport software that was causing the car to run poorly

We will go into detail about the preexisting problems in a post in the next few days

Anyone would think from reading Roberts posts that Powerchip caused all the check engine light problems, how forgetful of Robert to mention that the car was running so poorly when it arrived, and that the problems were prexisting J

----------------------- Original Message -----------------------

To: info@powerchipgroup.com, sales@powerchipgroup.com
    Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 08:59:14 -0700
    Subject: Any explanation for this?

Travis, Jeremy,

I saw this posted on the BMW forums. Can somebody explain this?

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=267626

Robert

Subject:re: Any explanation for this?
    Date:Tue, 26 May 2009 10:26:00 +1100
    Linked to:Robert Collins

Travis,
    The kids on the M3 forum are up to three pages so far.
    I guess they think software development only happens on a dyno. Can you explain a screen tune compared to the way that companies like Dinan and Powerchip complete development.
    I am going to include how some software companies like LET describe a screen tune and one dyno run as 'custom programming' in the R&D document I am writing.

wayne

----------------------- Original Message -----------------------

To: info@powerchipgroup.com, sales@powerchipgroup.com
    Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 00:45:36 -0700
    Subject: Re: Any explanation for this?

Wayne,

I think you missed the point of that thread -- whereas Travis and Jeromy will understand it immediately.

I'm sure you can understand that it's a bit of a shocker to wake up in the morning...check the car forums...and see pictures of your car posted in them...at an apartment complex...during a holiday weekend.

I understand the need for in-car testing; that doesn't bother me in the slightest bit. As I understand it, Jeromy was out of town this weekend, so I wasn't expecting my car to be driven at all...let alone to some apartment complex and parked among other cars. I'm very anal about where I park my car...and it's clear from the pictures that whoever drove it...wasn't as careful as I am.

That's the concern...and the real meaning of that thread.

Robert

Subject:re[2]: Any explanation for this?
    Date:Tue, 26 May 2009 21:20:00 +1100
    Linked to:Robert Collins

Robert,
    I think your concerns are unfounded, but it is your car, and whilst I do not agree with the intent or content of your email, it is not our place to argue with your opinion.
    Based on your response, I do not believe it is appropriate for Powerchip to continue any further work on your car, and we will return it to the shop that provided it on Tuesday.
    The development software will be removed, and we will reinstall the software that was provided at the time we read the car. I am sure you can understand that we do not believe that it would appropriate to provide software for your car in the future. This allows you a clear path forward to fix the present calibration problems with another software developer.
    On behalf of Powerchip, I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
    Yours sincerely,

Wayne Besanko
    President
    Powerchip Inc.
    949 646 1026
    wbesanko@powerchipgroup.com
    www.powerchipgroup.com
    Last edited by Matt@Powerchip; 03-07-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

LOL how rude of wayne! I mean all that yelling and screaming I'm just appauled.. Click here to enlarge j.k

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Part I

Ok, guys I have to address why Robert is doing this and who he is. This is going to be long and fairly in depth, but I feel it is best to provide a complete picture, and there will be a few parts to this.

Now, I take these steps only because at this point I have no choice. I don't want to have to post e-mails, but people need to see the whole story and how Robert operates behind people's backs. Additionally, Robert is responsible for getting BimmerBoost censored from M3post. For the record, no links had ever been posted nor was any spamming attempted. Robert started e-mailing people desperately trying to find out the name of the site I had started here with Alex and Aftab. Once he got the info, he relayed it to Jason to get BimmerBoost censored in a desperate attempt to prevent me from succeeding.

This, from the guy who had been e-mailing me for months saying how he would love to help me with my forum. All he wanted was information to use against me. So, the moment he stabbed me in the back, I lost the little respect I still had for him. If some of you have an issue with the way BimmerBoost has had to go about posting links on M3post, we wholeheartedly apologize but you can blame Robert for it. If he wants to be petty and they want to censor us and not treat us with the respect they give other sites, we have no choice in the matter and will not discourage independent users to circumvent censorship and post links. We will not allow people to abuse their power so that they can have a tight grasp on what information is released and how it is released to appease certain people.

There is a repeat pattern of Robert acting like a weasel and gossiping like a girl in an attempt to hurt people. I don't know if he thrives on this drama or what, but here is the beginning stages of it on M3forum bragging about pushing to get me banned on M3post, whom he contacted and begged to ban me (probably to pave his way to being moderator, as I was the only person who stood in his way).

This is also when and where his Powerchip hate and envy manifests: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...1&postcount=96

11-21-08

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PencilGeek
    So you did get banned.If you're so much smarter than me and everybody else on the forums, then how did you get banned and I didn't?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    Powechip surpassed AA a long time ago. Unless you think a custom tune on a dyno is inferior to a general one. Knowing the mistakes you constantly make, you would probably think AA makes more power on 91 (and they tune on 93).
    The only thing custom about your ECU tune -- is*PowerChip*used your car for development. You think your little air scoops and a tune on a dyno with a constant fan speed means it's a "custom tune" for all driving conditions and all air speeds? All of the people who send*PowerChip*their ECU for "tuning" are just going to get the same thing they did for you. There's nothing custom about that...I think that's what you already called "a general tune."

Hey, remember what you said about EvoSport and the pulleys? I still have all of the private messages sent between us. Want to bet pinkslips that you're wrong -- by asking EvoSport to authenticate the messages and their content? I'll even bet my car with the stroker motor against yours with your little air scoops.
    Anyone find it odd after PencilGeek states in November '08 that Powerchip isn't doing anything custom that he contacts them later to do a custom tune for his stroker? Wow, his opinion sure rapidly shifted once he realized Powerchip was providing amazing results earlier than anyone else. (He also used to make derogatory posts like this about superchargers Click here to enlarge ) Now, PencilGeek was already hating me at this point as I was exceeding his results with the stroker with just a Powerchip tune and bolt on's. Once I set the 1/4 mile record for the M3 a couple weeks later, he flipped out. As you can see, he had a serious problem with a bolt on car with just Powerchip software exceeding his poorly tuned 30k stroker motor. He also couldn't stand that someone in their mid 20's was beating him in performance every step of the way for less $. Don't believe it, look:

M3post, '08:

Eloy, I appreciate your comments. People like Sticky will make people like me refuse to do business with you -- no matter how good your product may be. And as you (should) know from marketing, for every one person like me who is bold enough to speak up, there are 50 just like me who are quiet and feel the same way. I would hate to see you lose business because this little kid is mouthing off and alienating your more affluent and intellectual clientele.
    Robert considers himself more intelligent and more affluent... haha, well, Robert, keep patting yourself on the back for your view of yourself. He has continually attacked me from the beginning as I was, and am, a threat to him. For the record, my 1/4 mile results got Powerchip and Eloy a fair share of business (Anyone is welcome to contact Evosport and RPI for confirmation if they need), as I made the effort to post real results and always had respect for their work. Additionally, I have to laugh at his self-administered proclamation of higher intelligence... especially when he lists his community college GPA in his resume as a 3.0... Robert, a B- average at OCC community college is not something to even be proud of, I had a 3.85 there and don't go around listing it Click here to enlarge .

Robert also has some issue with trying to expose things that aren't even there and sending e-mails to people trying to create problems at every turn:

I'll send YOU the messages, with copies to EvoSport and the admins at m3post.com. I'm sure the original messages exist in the database at m3post. If both parties (EvoSport and m3post) can verify the authenticy and contents of the messages, then I win
    Here he is trying to challenge me to some e-mail debate about Evosport pullies and trying to determine who wins and who loses... what? However, this establishes that Robert essentially holds on to e-mails and forwards them to people behind their backs in an attempt to create controversy or absolve himself.

Robert has had some serious issue with me and I think it stems from the fact he is threatened and can't stand the fact that people were paying attention to the results and information someone much younger than him was posting. To put it simply, he was jealous and wanted people to pay attention to him:

1-7-09 - m3post

He got banned again? I had nothing to do with it...this time.

Regarding the dyno charts. I think you might be referring to my dyno charts. AFAIK, Sticky only posted one set of dyno charts, whereas I've posted somewhere between 6 or 8. My most recent dyno charts can be seen by clicking the link in my signature below.
    However, since my results with Powerchip were so good, he decided to go to them and try to get them to do for him what they had done for me. Rdsport's own tune barely cracked 400 wheel on the built motor when Powerchip was routinely getting 380+ whp at this point on the stock motor. Also, Powerchip had powered my car to the fastest 1/4 mile back in 2008 when ESS was *LOSING* power with tunes. Did Powerchip suddenly forget how to tune and ESS all of a sudden learned overnight? ESS couldn't get it right when Powerchip already had cars doing amazing things and now ESS suddenly becomes the tuning king? Hmmmm, maybe ESS downloaded Powercihp's software and took the hard work Powerchip had already put in and used it for themselves? Oh, ESS wouldn't do that, right? Well, here is an e-mail from PencilGeek where he tells me that ESS downloaded Powerchip's tune:

Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 18:57:20 -0800
    To: sticky2@hotmail.com
    Subject: Re: Not me...Jason

I just returned from Arizona. All I can say is "WOW!" The NA tune on the stroker was absolutely amazing. It was unlike anything that was ever on that car before. They did not disable CEL (as PC does), and I drove it for 200 miles, and then I checked the ECU fault codes -- not a single fault anywhere in my car. I also drove Roman's DCT with the SC kit. The power was really smooth, I was expecting something very violent -- and it wasn't violent at all.

They showed me graphs of a PC tune they downloaded from a customer's car, and it had dangerous spark advance and fuel delivery levels. The spark and leanness were so dangerous that it would eventually blow the guy's motor. They added 9 degrees of advance at the upper RPM's of this guy's car. Basically, they tuned it like GPower tuned the SC kit. They also played with the guy's VANOS and it lost 10HP in the midrange of this guy's car. They know this because they took a bone stock M3 this weekend, got a baseline, then flashed in the PC "Custom" tune. Killing the midrange power gave the impression that it had great top-end power -- because the power came on from a weakened position and made the car feel like it took off like a sling shot. I'm telling you this for two reasons. I've always said as long as nothing PC was doing was dangerous, I'd keep my mouth shut -- but now I think I can't stay silent any more. But for you, it really makes me worried about your motor. I know you're young and willing to take more risks that I am -- I understand that. I still don't want to see anything bad happen.

Robert
    So, ESS essentially did learn overnight... from Powerchip Click here to enlarge Now, to all those people criticizing Powerchip for not wishing to hand over their tune on a flashdrive for the ESS vs. Powerchip shootout, can you blame Powerchip? After already having had their tunes downloaded by ESS, would you let them do it again? Why would you give the competition your tune? Does ESS need yet another PowerChip tune? Why would ESS download Powerchips tune and tell PencilGeek to spread this damaging, made up info about the tune being dangerous? You can see from Wayne's response, they flashed the car back to how it was and wanted nothing more to do with PencilGeek knowing he would hand it over to ESS! ESS had gotten their hands on Powerchip's tunes and that is not right, not in the least. No wonder their software finally came out of the "beta" stage.

Now, does anybody still think Robert and ESS aren't trying to advance their own interests by going after Powerchip? You think ESS just "happened" to get the M3post moderator to want their blower after he had staunchly criticized forced induction for 2 years? This entire thing was designed to go after Powerchip and get PG free parts. Yes, they really are that twisted. I told Robert back in January to not do this for ESS yet you can see in this e-mail that is EXACLTY what the whole plan was. I also told Alex@Gintani that ESS was preparing to go after him. I also told Jeremy, the Powerchip tuner, that PencilGeek was planning to bury him to put the blame on him for the strokers poor performance (relative to what Drew and I had shown with the DCT with bolt on's) and portray ESS as superior. Yes, I saw this whole thing coming and tried, honestly tried, to stop him:

Sent: Mon 1/25/10 5:35 PM

Well yes, I have seen you complaining just not in other forums due to politics. You will post about it after the fact which is a shame and only will help to serve own interests as well as a certain company's.
    For reasons that might become more clear in the coming weeks, if I wanted to disclose the information to advance somebody's agenda and/or interests, disclosing it exactly right now (today or tomorrow) would be the perfect time to do it. Disclosing it in a few weeks from now, would be too late to advance anybody's interests.
    Advance anybody's interests... do you guys get it now? PG and ESS have had this all planned out. Complain about Powerchip, get the stroker to ESS (for a FREE tune and then to get the blower and sponsorship), and have PG post about how much better he "thinks" it is. For the record, the car ran a half second slower 60-130 with the ESS tune. PG will blame it on the diff, or weather, or whatever else, but the stroker performed BEST with the Powerchip software, fact.

PencilGeek has also been spreading false information to others (namely Cleveland, aka Lemans Blue) about how Gintani's hardware is inferior and this is why the ESS kit does not have torque dropoff (looks like he learned his lesson when he got an independent dyno, and saw the torque DOES drop off like it should, ESS magic manifold or not: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ng-past-graphs

Sent: Mon 1/25/10 5:35 PM

So the ESS hardware changes the way the torque drops off and the cam profile eh? Ok, if you say so. The hardware is very similar....
    The hardware is very similar...but it's that one significant difference that should be accounting for the torque stability on the ESS kit. On my way home from work, I'll call my former collegue who built Mark Donahue's Indy-500 winning motor. He's
    definitely one of the foremost FI experts in the racing industry. I'll ask him about my suspicion...to see what he says. I need to call him about getting racing tires anyways

In fact, it's the primary reason I don't answer with what I really think is happening on those torque curves on the Gintani kits. .
    I guess I can't put 2+2 together, if I did it like ESS I would end up with 5. Here is the reality: ESS posted an inflated uncorrected chart, they posted the corrected chart when they were called on it, they could no longer claim well over 600 wheel, now could they? Let's see if this sinks in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't see anything sinking in.

My outside opinion on this guy based on the readings availible on the net is simple. He is a $#@!ing Douchebag & needs to be exposed.

Then he should apply for a position @ one of those goddamn chickflick dramas and live his dream. What a nutjob... so sad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Part II

Now, Robert claims that he would never hurt anybody and wants everyone to succeed. He also says he bites his tongue (when he should be using duct tape across his mouth). His intentions are exactly the opposite, which is why he has been sending e-mails for months to people crticizing Jeremy@Powerchip saying he is an amateur who does not know what he is doing:

Sent: Mon 1/18/10 9:24 AM
    To: Joseph Joseph (sticky2@hotmail.com)

BTW, Jason got on my case for not banning you immediately. So in the future, I'll either need to stay out of the threads and act like I don't see them, or ban you.

Like I said, it's not my intention to work against anybody -- I want everybody to succeed. Even if that means biting my tongue while Jeremy completes his "on-the-job-training" and watching frustrated people with tuning problems, I don't consider it my place to work against them and warn people about my own experiences. As long as motors don't blow, and as long as Alex doesn't attack me in public, or send others to do it, then I'll keep my mouth shut.

I never did finish telling you the story of what happened with my tune. I lost interest because the story is simply too long. But suffice to say, my business relationship with PC has now cost me another $1500, because the HRE they damaged, finally cracked over the Christmas holidays.
    As long as motors don't blow... no one has blown a motor, all Powerchip has done is blow away the competition. Gintani has not blown any motors either just set records where it counts, so why even threaten Alex@Gintani? The guy does not even post on the forums just lets his products speak.

He wants everyone to succeed? Who do you guys think that ridiculously stupid copyright nonsense in his sig is aimed at? Directly at BimmerBoost and I. That is why this threat was sent because links to dyno chart images were posted:

This is to advise you that you are using copyrighted and protected material on your website/blog. A list of the illegal use(s) and URLs appears below. This is original content and I am the author and copyright holder. Use of copyright protected material without permission is illegal under copyright laws.

Please take one or more of the following actions immediately:

* Re-write the post to prevent any display of the charts and graphs and replace them with a link to the original content.
    * Provide compensation for use of my copyright protected material of $250,000.00 USD per citation paid via cashier's check.
    * Remove the plagiarized material immediately.
    You can kiss my ass 250,000 times.

PencilGeek has attacked Alex, Jeremy, Gintani, and Powerchip all behind their back and forwarded this info to others in e-mails attempting to hurt them, not to help them succeed. The guy is a skrewed up individual who has repaid peoples attempts at helping him with his disaster of a stroker motor by spitting in their faces:

The more I'm learning about this whole ECU tuning, the more I'm convinced that Jeremy has less and less qualified experience at tuning these cars. I'd like to help prevent that, but it's really not my place to even try. The stuff that happened to me wasn't just a fluke. Many people are experiencing problems with his tunes. One thing is now perfectly clear, Jeremy had absolutely no idea how to tune the stroker, and the complexities involved. I'm not intending to mock Jeremy in any way because I personally like him very much. I just think he's in _WAY_ over his head. Not only did I witness this first hand, I had a very poorly running motor to prove it.

I've heard two different stories Alex told to explain why Jeremy screwed up my ECU tuning so bad. He told Roman @ ESS one story, and he told me a completely different story. The story he told Roman was that I was advised on many occasions what I should do to fix my limp mode problems, and that I ignored all advice and warnings. That was an outright lie.
    Powerchip never advised me -- in fact you'll remember they refused to even answer my phone calls for more than a month. The story Alex told me was so far-fetched, that if I told you, you'd think I was wearing a foil pyramid on my head to channel cosmic energy into my brain. Regardless, both stories were total BS. When Alex told me "what happened," he had no idea that I was sitting there with Jeremy for three straight days and saw absolutely everything he did. After I told Alex what I personally witness for three days, and could prove it with dyno charts stored on my computer, he had absolutely no come-back whatsoever -- he was literally left stuttering and stammering on the phone to me when I finished. He had absolutely no comeback because he couldn't refute a single thing I said -- because he never expected me to say I was sitting right next to Jeremy for three days and saw everything with my own eyes.
    I bet tuning goes smoothly with PencilGeek sitting over your shoulder e-mailing everyone what a failure you are because you don't produce what he wants on his 3 day schedule. I'm sure having to explain every little thing you are doing to try and help Robert makes it go that much faster since he is such a tuning expert and all. I told Jeremy to take as much time as he needed when tuning my car at Evosport and there was no rush. All that mattered was getting it done right, no pressure, just do your thing. He did exactly that, without me looking over his shoulder.

The point I'm making above, is that Alex has such a strong need to prove
    that he's right...that he'll resort to blatant lies. He's done it to you with the DCT software -- while at the same time he was telling people at SEMA a completely different story. To prove he was right to Roman @ ESS, he was willing to fabricate a story and harm my credibility -- basically throw me under the bus. To prove he was right to me, he was willing to make up this outrageously far-fetched story about Jeremy sending every file to Australia for review by some mythical "Don" tuner -- who then intentionally detuned and put in trojan horses into the software to make it run poorly. Just think how that story would play on the Forums: PowerChip intentionally puts trojan horses in ECU tuning. Anyways, that that story completely fell apart as BS as well because I was sitting right there for three days and saw everything with my own eyes.

So here's the bottom line to me. I know Alex is a BSer who tells huge lies to make himself look better than he really is. I don't hold it against him -- but I'm not blind to it either. I know Jeremy is in this WAY over his head; I don't hold it against him either, but I'm not blind to it either. Both situations are, what they are. As long as people's motors aren't blowing up -- like they did with GPower -- then I don't consider it my duty to tell people the lies I've personally experienced, or that Jeremy is in way over his head. It's the same situation with you and other vendors. If you can prove somebody is cheating, then I expect you to provide links, charts, math, formulas, whatever it takes to prove it. But even if they are, is it really your place to call them out on it? In the end, these will be the same vendors that will become sponsors on your own forum. They may have different names such as Gintani, 360Forged, or whoever, but make no mistake, they all manipulate information to create a marketing advantage for themselves. But that doesn't mean they lie about it.

And no matter what, nothing should appear on the forums about any hypothetical conversation such as this. And even in the end, I still don't care about 1/4 mile times.

The problem I've got, is that I've got so many sponsors for the project, that leaks have been going around for more than a month now. You're about the only person who hasn't asked me about it.
    Now, this is where I draw a huge line in the sand and say no more. Also PG, if some company is lying and manipulating results, I don't want them. Unlike you, I don't need sponsors cash to work on my car, Mr. Affluent.

Alex offered PG a blower and to do what ESS was going to do... at a great price to boot. He just could not match ESS's discount Click here to enlarge Alex is not a liar, he is a hard worker. Alex is not a BS'er. Alex has done everything he said he was going to do for me. My car does not exist in simulations. As a matter of fact, dragging Gintani and Alex through the mud when they offered to give you what you wanted is pretty petty. How do you feel about that magic ESS manifold now? Still sending people e-mails on how their hardware is superior to Gintani?

Oh, and I did prove ESS misleading people with links and charts, did you respect that effort which you claim above or try to get me to stop by threatening legal action like the two-faced person you are? We still have no explanation from ESS on how they posted 600 whp on pump gas through the stock exhaust... all we got was spin that it was through a built exhaust even though the built exhaust did not even exist yet, no real explanation. I take this as them accepting that they were caught in it just as you and Obioban were caught here.

Another thing, Jeremy and Powerchip flush more knowledge about tuning than PencilGeek has, or will ever know. I personally witnessed Jeremy putting in time after hours tuning my car at Evosport. He didn't have to do this, he could have said the day was done and gone home. But he kept at it for however long it took that night. He then worked on it further the next day and put in however much time it eventually ended up being to produce what was at the time the best performing NA M3 back in '08.

Jeremy has tuned cars across the world. Powerchip deals in more than just BMW, they are a worldwide tuner doing everything from Ferrari's and Aston Martins to you name it. ESS is small potatoes in comparison, so you guys still wondering why ESS is going after them?

Jeremy is no amateur and gets sent across the entire planet to do tunes on a WIDE range of makes. How have so many people across the GLOBE had success with him yet PencilGeek happens to be the one person who seems to think he knows more than Jeremy and Powerchip combined? Here, here are Powerchip's results:

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/w211-a...r-vendors.html

Powering the quickest/fastest E55 out there... guy doesn't know what he is doing?

Ridiculous torque gains and 40 whp: http://www.mbworld.org/forums/w211-a...g-weekend.html

The E92 M3 record back in December '08, when ESS was losing power: http://www.bimmerboost.com/garage.php?do=timeslip

Not to mention well over 500 whp on the twin turbo 600 motors and tunes for countless BMW's. I mean, seriously? We are going to throw out real world 1/4 mile results, incredible dyno graphs, and admiration across the German performance car world... because of PencilGeek and ESS attempting dirty marketing? Is a few thousand bucks saved really worth destroying someone's reputation that has been built on hard work? What is wrong with you? This guy can tune anything from a BMW, to Mercedes, to Ferrari, across the planet on all kinds of different fuels but your stroker is some kind of mystery that only ESS can solve? You also happen to be the only one having issues... but then again, you are always the one with issues with everything and everyone. ESS is your last option now... you don't have anywhere else to go.

So why is he doing this? Why else, money, and... it is part of his deal with ESS:

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:29:48 -0800
    Subject: Re: I figured out who gave me the link to your site...

After the first round of tuning, I worked out a deal to let ESS tune the stroker for free.

Regardless, after reverting the flash back to stock, I was in a real bind. There was no way I was letting Jeremy [Powerchip] touch my car again. I thought of contacting ESS to see if we could put the original deal back on the table -- it was a quid-pro-quo of sorts. Without that "deal" I worked out months earlier, I wouldn't have been given the ESS tune for free. At that point, I assumed the deal was off the table, and I would need to pay the $3k (minimum) for the custom tune. So why not think about the SC at that point?
    So, why is PencilGeek going after Powerchip, Jeremy, Alex, Gintani, BimmerBooost, and I? Well, Bimmerboost and I are simply a by-product as ESS has no control of the moderators here so he actually went to the length of that copyright bull$#@!. Now, I'm sure most people are familiar with what quid-pro-quo means but I'll refresh for those that don't. It means getting something in return for doing something of value, essentially, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. ESS was willing to tune the stroker for free as they worked out a deal with Robert exactly as Robert, PencilGeek, states. Now, what was that deal? Well, you guys have already seen the circumstancial stuff but I basically called it in advance. My opinion is that ESS and PencilGeek agreed to something along these lines, which Robert basically admitted to in the e-mail as far as getting his stuff for free: 1. Come to ESS and let us tune the stroker and post that we did better than Powerchip. Don't give Powerchip the opportunity to finish it (this is why he was already contacting ESS before PC was even done, after the first "round") 2. Proclaim our tuning as better than Powerchip and that we fixed all of the "problems" Powerchip supposedly caused. 3. Get our blower after that and use your position on M3post to get us tremendous exposure on the most read E92 M3 site 4. Proclaim our hardware as better than Gintani 5. You save tens of thousands, we make tens of thousands.

Now, you guys see it in his own words, he worked out a deal to get things for free in "return" for doing something for ESS. Now what could a moderator on M3post possibly do for ESS? Click here to enlarge Well, what has he done? He has done his absolute best in satisfying the conditions of the deal, I can definitely say that. Now do you guys see why he had BimmerBoost censored? Now do you see why he has been going after Powerchip? Now do you see why he has been portraying Jeremy as a failure and amateur? Now do you see why Lemans Blue and him attack Alex and Gintani? Now do you see why I'm banned and BimmerBoost exists? Click here to enlarge

From:Robert Collins (rcollins@rcollins.org)Sent:Sat 1/02/10 8:13 AM To:Joseph Joseph (sticky2@hotmail.com)

I like Jeremy, and I don't intend to start any crap with PC or Jeremy because I don't want to spoil the image he has with all of the satisfied customers. Basically, I have no interest in (partially) ruining the guy's reputation.
    Yet, ruining the guys reputation and starting crap with PowerChip is exactly what you attempted to do with the e-mail and OP here? Huh?

Well, this is what was being used by ESS to market at Powerchip's expense. Start spreading the word about how you think Jeremy and Powerchip stink at tuning and then go to ESS and proclaim them as your savior:

Sent: Sun 1/03/10 9:20 PM

Nobody is supposed to know that PowerChip did my tuning. I've never mentioned it in public, and I've never acknowledged it when it was brought up. In fact, whenever it was brought up, I managed to talk the other guys into deleting their own posts. I'm smart enough to realize people still suspect that PC did the tuning. I have no intention of mentioning PC or alienating Jeremy. I have no desire to do, or say anything against him. My car will however go to ESS next week for some tuning. It will be good to have a comparison between the two.
    Yep, quite the comparison you have made throwing Powerchip and Jeremy under the bus for ESS... which I called.

If you want to know how trickles of info regarding Powerchip's tuning has been getting out and why certain members have been talking down on Jeremy and Powerchip, it is due to PG feeding Lemans Blue and also buying into his Gintani, Powerchip, and Jeremy bashing:

I've had many private emails going on with Lemans_Blue_M from M3Post. That dude's knowledge is absolutely intense! Take whatever you may think I know about NA motors (whether it's large or small) and multiply it by 100 towards FI motors.
    So, is the picture becoming clear to everyone out there now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I dont know about all the other stuff going on...but, i had never seen PG say anything about alex till now and it is very upsetting. I consider myself a good judge of character...and Alex is 1 guy i trust and know doesn't bull$#@! or lie. He is a very honorable guy and thats why i will always recommend him to anyone and everyone. Both Alex and his brother Arno run a honorable business, they have taken care of me. Regardless if I contacted them with question about my car or others, even when it had nothing to do with them or their shop and had no profit for them they would be more than happy to help. It is people like this I like to associate myself with and consider more than just business people, they are genuine, quality people. And i will say it is a rare thing to know guys like this. I would put myself and my word on the line for those guys. I would even put my money on the line for them, consider it a sammy warranty.

They make great products that speak for themselves. They do straight and honest business. They stay out of the mudslinging.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammyrusso Click here to enlarge
    I dont know about all the other stuff going on...but, i had never seen PG say anything about alex till now and it is very upsetting. I consider myself a good judge of character...and Alex is 1 guy i trust and know doesn't bull$#@! or lie. He is a very honorable guy and thats why i will always recommend him to anyone and everyone. Both Alex and his brother Arno run a honorable business, they have taken care of me. Regardless if I contacted them with question about my car or others, even when it had nothing to do with them or their shop and had no profit for them they would be more than happy to help. It is people like this I like to associate myself with and consider more than just business people, they are genuine, quality people. And i will say it is a rare thing to know guys like this. I would put myself and my word on the line for those guys. I would even put my money on the line for them, consider it a sammy warranty.

They make great products that speak for themselves. They do straight and honest business. They stay out of the mudslinging.
    +100 $#@!ing thousand ..AMEN..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammyrusso Click here to enlarge

Oh.. there is a lot more, but I hope people can begin to see him for who he really is.

This is also why he was a horrible choice for moderator. Not only does he have poor BMW tuning knowledge, the guy is a backstabbing girl who will sell you out at a moment's notice. Oh, and tell you how great he was at building Indy 500 winning motors while doing it.

Does Alex really deserve this:

Sent: Sun 1/17/10 11:45 PM

Alex is very naive. If this is the case, then he may end up being his own worst enemy. This is the third time I've caught him telling two different people two different stories about the same event. He tries so hard that he feels he has to lie to get his point across. I don't like that.
    from Robert when all he did was answer Robert's phone call when he came asking for a blower? Can't anyone talk to Robert without him meddling in their business and e-mailing the world his opinion on it?

Then again, Does Powerchip deserve this for trying to tune the stroker? Does Jeremy deserve this for doing the tuning that Robert demanded? Does BimmerBoost deserve him trying to stifle/censor? I just wish this guy bought a Benz or at least wasn't on his first M so he might know what he is talking about.

Is it right for ESS to be using this guy to after everyone they compete with since they control M3post through him?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My question is if Robert was so $#@!ing good at determining who is an amateur at tuning then why didn't he tune the POS himself? I'm real upset about him even bring up Alex or Gintani up in his messages because Alex doesn't give a $#@! about him or ESS he just does what he does best make fast cars and run an honest business unlike ESS.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast