Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 100
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    2,337
    Rep Points
    768.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    You just did a serious build to a almost brand new car. Lol. Your in the
    same boat as us. That sick build can't be cheap.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,298
    Rep Points
    32,731.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Your right, but I love the E46 LSB M3 and have been in love with it since it was released. Just never had the loot to get one, and now that I could afford it I bought a low mileage one and I'm 'doing it right'.

    I'm not even sure what other kind of car I would have rather had. Lambo? No thanks, theres about 100 of them where I live. 911 w/mods? Maybe.. but there are also 100 of those includes GT3RS's in my area as well.. not that I have to be unique or anything but if I was to open up the 'mod check book' on a 911 or Lambo I'd be in the poor house real quick like.

    So I figured this route was the best way to go. I also would like to eventually gut it and turn it into a track car when I get bored of driving it on the streets. I probably won't ever sell it, I don't think I could.. I'd rather not find out what it would go for used after knowing how much I put into it.
    I respect this.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    69.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I respect this.
    One thing is car guys like us will always come back. This is my 3rd high performance car. My first 2 were Mustang Cobras'. I sold both of those for financial reasons and would tell myself "I'll get another one later". I'll tell you I'm really tired of starting over. Car payments and Mod payments suck. Had I kept that first Cobra it would have been paid off and completely built over. Sticker shock on my M3 has me frozen, but somedays I want to say screw it and shoot the moon! I really like my M3 and the idea of starting over, again sickens me. Now I just need to save the 50%..... lol.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,298
    Rep Points
    32,731.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Adgar Click here to enlarge
    One thing is car guys like us will always come back. This is my 3rd high performance car. My first 2 were Mustang Cobras'. I sold both of those for financial reasons and would tell myself "I'll get another one later". I'll tell you I'm really tired of starting over. Car payments and Mod payments suck. Had I kept that first Cobra it would have been paid off and completely built over. Sticker shock on my M3 has me frozen, but somedays I want to say screw it and shoot the moon! I really like my M3 and the idea of starting over, again sickens me. Now I just need to save the 50%..... lol.
    Trust me, I hear you. However, the more I spend on my car the more I feel I am stuck with it since so much has been spent.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That and the community, BMW has a pretty good group of people both online and offline. I dont' think the same can be said for Lambo. I'd be willing to bet if a Lambo meetup occured it would be 99 stock lambo's and one guy who went ape$#@! with a underground TT setup. All rubbing elbows laughing at shallow jokes and puffing cigars... no thanks. I like that the m3 scene is a bit younger, but not retarded young like the jdm scene.

    There are days I honestly wish I never even began modding the car.. its an addiction and once you start you can't stop.. and its just unheard of how expensive mods are for these cars. Until you own one you never realize it.

    I've been an M3 fanatic since the E30. Owned an E36 Dakkar Yellow for 5 years never did a single mod. Respected those who did, wasn't in the scene.. too busy working. Then I bought this one, joined all the forums a few months ago and began looking at what people were doing and thats when I realized .. jesus .. these mods are expensive! I have a whole new respect for M3's rolling around that are tastefully modded. I never realized just how costly those BBK's were, or how expensive that CSL trunk was.. now I know.

    However if you're a forum junky its hard not to feel like you're constantly keeping up with the joneses. But alas when I drive it around and get compliments and turn heads it makes it all worth the effort...

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Trust me, I hear you. However, the more I spend on my car the more I feel I am stuck with it since so much has been spent.
    Couldn't be more true.. I actually just went through a very similar situation with a motorcycle I bought last summer. Bought a 2009 WR250X and modded the crap out of it.. I mean everything that could be done, was done... before I even took it home.. Graves Carbon Fiber Exhaust ($1500), Power Commander, Custom Bars, Mirrors, Integrated Signals, Edge Eliminator, etc.. I probably dropped 3-4k in mods the first week.. Bike was like $6900... rode it for about 100 miles and felt it was just to tall for me and I preferred a lower ride like on my harley 48... so I thought $#@! i should sell it. I put it on the market for $7500 .. keep in mind with tax/mods/labor I probably was 12k into it and it had I think 65 miles.. Noone even replied to my ad but one $#@! who low balled me for $4000.. I said nope.. and then forgot about it.. Basically i was being stubborn as $#@! and wasn't going to sell it for less than $7500.. no way.. if it didn't sell for $7500 i'd let it rot in my garage for 10 years .. just a mental road block wasn't going to let me lose my pants like that. Then last week a dude called and said "holy $#@! is that bike for sale still, its MINT and has all the mods I was looking for.. I almost bought a brand new one, glad I saw it!" dude flew in from Hawaii the next day and bought it cash. It sat for sale for 10 months without a single bite and just that low ball offer.

    Glad I stuck to my guns..

    Long story short deep down inside of me i'm telling myself the same will occur when I go to sell the M3.. I doubt it will, but thats the small shred of hope I cling on to when writing a check for $20k to HPF.

    Another thing that sort of scares me though is HPF is obviously very popular right now, and tons of HPF cars do exist, none are for sale though.. what happens a year or two, or three from now.. can we expect to see 2-3 hpf m3's for sale at the same time? And if so are people going to get desperate and drop their pants destroying our potential resale value?

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,298
    Rep Points
    32,731.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    That and the community, BMW has a pretty good group of people both online and offline
    Really? I thought we had the worst, most splintered, biggest bunch of $#@!s of any auto make in the history of existence.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    However if you're a forum junky its hard not to feel like you're constantly keeping up with the joneses. But alas when I drive it around and get compliments and turn heads it makes it all worth the effort...
    I don't do it to keep up with the Joneses. I generally believe the M3 is a powerful platform when harnessed correctly and a lot of people simply don't get it. I used to really respect BMW for making small displacement, high revving motors that gave you a race car experience you couldn't find in anything else with 4 seats. Next best thing to a GT3 or Ferrari and with a little bit of boost the car is insane. Best blend of all around performance, simply spectacular.

    I also do it because I can. I could have bought a Porsche Turbo or GTR or whatever else but I like doing it with a BMW as the others don't require the same massaging or give the same reward in my opinion. But, now this is nostalgia.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,298
    Rep Points
    32,731.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Noone even replied to my ad but one $#@! who low balled me for $4000.. I said nope.. and then forgot about it.. Basically i was being stubborn as $#@! and wasn't going to sell it for less than $7500.. no way.. if it didn't sell for $7500 i'd let it rot in my garage for 10 years
    Haha, I understand you all too well! I get people low balling me for my rims all the time. I would rather hang on to them and not get the cash than give them away. I don't need the money that badly to begin with and secondly quality pieces that are well taken care of are worth paying for.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Another thing that sort of scares me though is HPF is obviously very popular right now, and tons of HPF cars do exist, none are for sale though.. what happens a year or two, or three from now.. can we expect to see 2-3 hpf m3's for sale at the same time? And if so are people going to get desperate and drop their pants destroying our potential resale value?
    I think you already understand you won't get much resale for it. Yes, you will lose it all. I will lose it all with my car as well when the time comes. That is the price you pay and you have to understand what you are getting into. I always laugh when guys call it an investment, it isn't, but it sure is better than blowing it gambling or on hookers.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I always laugh when guys call it an investment, it isn't, but it sure is better than blowing it gambling or on hookers.
    That was my previous adiction .. jokes of course.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    20
    Rep Points
    30.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Good, glad to see you are going HPF. I love working with David on many of my purchases, he's top notch.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,171
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ogshooter Click here to enlarge
    I had an issue with my single nozzle setup (my fault) that caused the cyl #4 plug to pretty much melt. Well, I fixed the issue and replaced the plug and everything was fine. It's possible that the cyl was weakened when this happened. But thats speculation. Recently, I had my intake manifold off while replacing the alternator. When I put it back on I was not aware that there was a vacuum leak where the crank case vents in the bottom (broken retainer). This caused an ultra lean condition that I was not aware of. The car seemed to run fine. I took it out and sprayed the 150 direct port on it and thats when I felt something wrong. I did a compression test and I have zero comp on cyl #4. So, I'll let you guys know exactly whats broken when they get the motor apart. I'm guessing broken ring land.

    Heres a few pics of the ride.





    Attachment 4885Attachment 4886Attachment 4887Attachment 4888
    Car looks very clean. Perfectly done. No rice rims, or odd looking body add on's. It will be a power whore that is a sleeper
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    96.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    UPDATE!!! The car arrived at HPF yesterday morning. Upon arrival it was detailed and pictures were taken. To my understanding, the motor, trans, diff and sub frame should all be out of the car tomorrow. I should get pics Wednesday evening.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,298
    Rep Points
    32,731.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ogshooter Click here to enlarge
    UPDATE!!! The car arrived at HPF yesterday morning. Upon arrival it was detailed and pictures were taken. To my understanding, the motor, trans, diff and sub frame should all be out of the car tomorrow. I should get pics Wednesday evening.
    Yes, please get us those pics!
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ogshooter Click here to enlarge
    UPDATE!!! The car arrived at HPF yesterday morning. Upon arrival it was detailed and pictures were taken. To my understanding, the motor, trans, diff and sub frame should all be out of the car tomorrow. I should get pics Wednesday evening.
    Sweet! Reliable Carriers still hasn't picked mine up yet.. they're not so reliable.. :|

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    96.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    I used Angels... They had it picked up in 3 days and delivered in another 4..... I was impressed.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ogshooter Click here to enlarge
    I used Angels... They had it picked up in 3 days and delivered in another 4..... I was impressed.
    From where to where? Reliable finally called me today they're picking the car up tomorrow morning and will have it to HPF really late tonight, but David asked if I could have them drop it off in the morning on Sunday instead so I'm doing that.

    I feel bad making David go in on a Sunday. I'm trying to think of a gift for him.. maybe an iPad or something like that.. any ideas?

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    293
    Rep Points
    226.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    I feel bad making David go in on a Sunday. I'm trying to think of a gift for him.. maybe an iPad or something like that.. any ideas?
    Baller... I would have just sent a couple pizzas and a case of beer to the shop the following Friday afternoon.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    96.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    A bottle of Blue Label never fails... On another note, I have a few pics! None of the engine yet but it looks like everything is apart, and very well organized I might add.

    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,298
    Rep Points
    32,731.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    I feel bad making David go in on a Sunday. I'm trying to think of a gift for him.. maybe an iPad or something like that.. any ideas?
    You are generous, I think paying your large bill is gift enough. An Ipad? Get me one too! But yet, a bottle of something nice should more than cover it.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,298
    Rep Points
    32,731.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ogshooter Click here to enlarge
    A bottle of Blue Label never fails... On another note, I have a few pics! None of the engine yet but it looks like everything is apart, and very well organized I might add.

    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Look at those seats on the bench there...

    Yes, their work tends to be clean and organized, as it should be.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Good idea on the bottle. Hopefully the carrier doesn't show up super early in the morning before I can run and get it.

    I'm excited to see my car there!

    I'm guessing my car will be on the car dolly for a while due to the 4-6 week time frame for the block sleeving. I'm pretty sure I won't be making MFest now that I decided to have the block sleeved.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    740
    Rep Points
    453.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Look at those seats on the bench there...
    Click here to enlarge hehe..

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46
    Rep Points
    96.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Good idea on the bottle. Hopefully the carrier doesn't show up super early in the morning before I can run and get it.

    I'm excited to see my car there!

    I'm guessing my car will be on the car dolly for a while due to the 4-6 week time frame for the block sleeving. I'm pretty sure I won't be making MFest now that I decided to have the block sleeved.
    You never know man. We still have 8ish weeks before Mfest..... It's possible if everything goes ahead of or right on schedule it COULD be done.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,298
    Rep Points
    32,731.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge hehe..
    I'm really looking forward to your impressions on them. May convince me to get a pair...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ogshooter Click here to enlarge
    You never know man. We still have 8ish weeks before Mfest..... It's possible if everything goes ahead of or right on schedule it COULD be done.
    The carrier picked it up just now, loaded it in an enclosed trailer with 3 brand new Porsche GT3RS's!

    Id be real kucky if it was done before mfest, but im not getting my hopes up.

    I went to buy the walker blue and the dude asked what the occasion was and i explained someone was meeting the semi at his work on the weekend and i fekt bad and he asked what kind of car and i said m3 and hes like didnyou sell it and im like no its going to a shop in oregon and hes like hrosepower freaks!?! Im like yup and dude was like you gotta bring it by when its done i have to see it!

    Stupi ipad cant type for crap on this thing. I got him xo since the were out of walker blue , hope he likes it.

    I guess hpf is more known then i thought.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •