Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Another HPF stage 2.5 coming soon

I thought I would share my excitement with everyone here at my new home. I have been working out the details over the last few weeks and finally, I'm shipping my 2001 TiAg M3 to HPF next week. I can't say enough good things about the people at HPF. I guess I'll start by saying that I have been in contact with them for about two years now. Over that time period I have ordered parts, got help with problems I was having, asked about the turbo kits some. It wasn't until recently that I seriously started talking to them about their turbo kit. However, the treatment never changed... From day one buying an exhaust to two years later having them do stage 2.5 they never treated my any differently and I was astonished. Whereas other companies will only give you the time of day if you are spending boat loads of cash, HPF treated me with respect and with as much concern two years ago just like they do today. I can honestly say that I have never experienced the level of customer service ANYWHERE that I have with HPF. This includes any market, not just automotive. With that said, I had some engine problems recently and was forced to make a decision to either rebuild or replace the motor. I looked at many options and yes there were much cheaper options, even other FI options that would have been cheaper. HPF got my business because they have a quality product and the best customer service I have ever experienced or heard of.

I look forward to joining the ranks of the other HPF cars here and will keep everyone updated on the progress. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ogshooter Click here to enlarge
    I had some engine problems recently and was forced to make a decision to either rebuild or replace the motor.
    Do you feel these were a result of nitrous?

I look forward to joining the ranks of the other HPF cars here and will keep everyone updated on the progress.
    Always happy to gain another HPF user. Are they going to be detailing the build for you? If so, don't hesitate to post the details on the build.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had a problem unrelated to the nitrous that I was unaware of. The nitrous did not help the problem to say the least but was not the cause. They said they will be keeping me updated with pics and vids.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    congrats on the 2.5. your not going to recognize your car when its done...powerwise, that is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, I can't wait. I'm getting a few other things done too. My car is TiAg on black with gunmetal CSL reps and blacked out grills so I'm having the intercooler anodized black. Also went with the open wastegate option...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had a problem unrelated to the nitrous that I was unaware of. The nitrous did not help the problem to say the least but was not the cause. They said they will be keeping me updated with pics and vids.
    Would you mind sharing what that problem was?

I don't think it was the nitrous as these motors have proven stout even with direct port setups pushing around a 300 shot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, I can't wait. I'm getting a few other things done too. My car is TiAg on black with gunmetal CSL reps and blacked out grills so I'm having the intercooler anodized black. Also went with the open wastegate option...
    Have you posted pics of your ride?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I had an issue with my single nozzle setup (my fault) that caused the cyl #4 plug to pretty much melt. Well, I fixed the issue and replaced the plug and everything was fine. It's possible that the cyl was weakened when this happened. But thats speculation. Recently, I had my intake manifold off while replacing the alternator. When I put it back on I was not aware that there was a vacuum leak where the crank case vents in the bottom (broken retainer). This caused an ultra lean condition that I was not aware of. The car seemed to run fine. I took it out and sprayed the 150 direct port on it and thats when I felt something wrong. I did a compression test and I have zero comp on cyl #4. So, I'll let you guys know exactly whats broken when they get the motor apart. I'm guessing broken ring land.

Heres a few pics of the ride.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ Very, very nice.

Do you have more pics of the nitrous setup? Would be great in the nitrous thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    congrats...HPF is top notch. Are you keeping the NOS with the stage 2.5 kit? That thing will be a monster, regardless.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thanks!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Do you have more pics of the nitrous setup?
    Right now only the ones I already posted in my other thread. "Direct port nitrous setup".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    Are you keeping the NOS with the stage 2.5 kit?
    No, I asked them about the possibility of running a 25-50 shot at low rpm to spool faster. They said that they use the methanol because its much safer and since that TC reaches peak boost at around 3700RPM You really don't need it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great looking car, congrats! Any reason you didn't go with the 2.75?
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    beautiful car, and great choice with hpf. congrats and keep us posted!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    clean ride dude, congrats on HPF!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought I would share my excitement with everyone here at my new home. I have been working out the details over the last few weeks and finally, I'm shipping my 2001 TiAg M3 to HPF next week. I can't say enough good things about the people at HPF. I guess I'll start by saying that I have been in contact with them for about two years now. Over that time period I have ordered parts, got help with problems I was having, asked about the turbo kits some. It wasn't until recently that I seriously started talking to them about their turbo kit. However, the treatment never changed... From day one buying an exhaust to two years later having them do stage 2.5 they never treated my any differently and I was astonished. Whereas other companies will only give you the time of day if you are spending boat loads of cash, HPF treated me with respect and with as much concern two years ago just like they do today. I can honestly say that I have never experienced the level of customer service ANYWHERE that I have with HPF. This includes any market, not just automotive. With that said, I had some engine problems recently and was forced to make a decision to either rebuild or replace the motor. I looked at many options and yes there were much cheaper options, even other FI options that would have been cheaper. HPF got my business because they have a quality product and the best customer service I have ever experienced or heard of.

I look forward to joining the ranks of the other HPF cars here and will keep everyone updated on the progress. Click here to enlarge
    Congrats! Very nice looking M3. You won't be disappointed with HPF. My only issue during my install was that I didn't get to drive the car enough while I was home because things took a little longer than expected. I had bad timing last summer when their shop was full to the rafters with installs. Follow-on support has been tremendous. They shipped a replacement Methanol harness to me without even having to ask because they found the originals to be defective.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    Great looking car, congrats! Any reason you didn't go with the 2.75?
    I can't speak for ogshooter and the 2.75 wasn't available when I had my install, but I probably would've passed on the 2.75, too. The costs really add up with these kits. Shipping to/from HPF, install, kit cost, methanol switch, oil catch can, Plasma coils, clutch, replacement of warn OEM parts, CF intake, CF air vents, exhaust, etc.

My Stage 2.5 install was $37,500 with all the add-ons and installation. $40,000 with enclosed shipping from Indiana. And that's after a trade-in of my VF Stage 2 kit.

I haven't driven it much, but I think the 2.5 will be good enough for me. Probably good enough for most.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stahlgrau Click here to enlarge
    My Stage 2.5 install was $37,500 with all the add-ons and installation. $40,000 with enclosed shipping from Indiana.
    $40k is really tough to swallow... talk about costs adding up, damn. A lot you can do with $40k + the value of your car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    major investment into the car with no real return other than shear enjoyment/pleasure
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah...the things I could've done with this money that's now sitting in a storage unit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stahlgrau Click here to enlarge
    Yeah...the things I could've done with this money that's now sitting in a storage unit.
    Do you regret it at all? I'm still trying to wrap my mind around $40k, long way from that $27k listed on HPF's site...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Customer service...I keep seeing that over and over. If I had a shop one day that was on HPFs level...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know, it IS a lot of money. However, for me, I LOVE my car. I also LOVE power, lol. If I didn't go the HPF route I would have ended up keeping my car N/A and buying a more powerful car soon anyways. So I just rolled them up into one. The money was going to be spent on speed anyways.

On a side note, I'm considering flying out to Portland, driving with the HPF caravan to MFest and then driving the car back to TN..... Only a little more $$$ than what I would pay to ship it back since I'd be splitting everything with a friend. I mean, how many people get to do that? Thoughts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Do you regret it at all? I'm still trying to wrap my mind around $40k, long way from that $27k listed on HPF's site...
    I try to live life with no regrets. Everything is a lesson. If I had it to do all over again, I would've invested the money and waited until I was home for good to drive the car or used it to put a nice downpayment on a 997.2 TT. I'm impulsive and bought the kit hoping to be able to drive it while I was home on my last vacation. I only had two days with the car before I had to come back to Afghanistan. I scheduled my vacation to coincide with the car being finished, but the install took longer than expected.

That said, the car is a blast to drive and since I bought it in 2002, it's never failed to put a smile on my face and it's still a head turner. What more could I ask? Unless I go broke, I'll never sell it. Too much time and money "divested".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know, it IS a lot of money. However, for me, I LOVE my car. I also LOVE power, lol. If I didn't go the HPF route I would have ended up keeping my car N/A and buying a more powerful car soon anyways. So I just rolled them up into one. The money was going to be spent on speed anyways.

On a side note, I'm considering flying out to Portland, driving with the HPF caravan to MFest and then driving the car back to TN..... Only a little more $$$ than what I would pay to ship it back since I'd be splitting everything with a friend. I mean, how many people get to do that? Thoughts?

Sounds like a lot of fun. Road trips usually are.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast