Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

What would happen if...

This is the hypothetical thread.

Rules:

1. Dont come up with stupid $#@!ing hypothetical $#@!, it has to be realistic. If its something like "What would happen if I could $#@! gold" I will ask a mod to delete it because thats not the point of the thread.

2. The only way to reply to the poster above you is to answer his questions with a well thought out explanation and solution to the hypothetical question and then provide a question of your own, on any topic.

The thread is for intelligent people who ask hypothetical questions and want opinions from other intelligent people.

I will start it off:

What would happen if YOU became famous and everything you ever did on the internet was exposed?
    Last edited by DBFIU; 02-01-2011 at 06:11 PM.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I'd become more famous

Maybe get my own show like Tosh .0 or Web soup.

Just not full of old reposts.

it would be the best one.

I wouldn't expect it to happen by the time im super famous, I'd be well known enough to be figured out on the net when I'm at c-list famous. So it wouldn't be a big scandal or anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    I'd become more famous

Maybe get my own show like Tosh .0 or Web soup.

Just not full of old reposts.

it would be the best one.
    You gotta ask your question now...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

What would happen is I would have to go into hiding. I'm afraid this may happen one day.

Question: What would happen if you won the lottery?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    You gotta ask your question now...
    You're at a party and go to take a leak in the bathroom but there's a huge turd clogged in the toilet. You walk right out and a really hot chick you like was there waiting to go next and about to walk in. What do you do?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What would happen is I would have to go into hiding. I'm afraid this may happen one day.

Question: What would happen if you won the lottery?
    Thats not an easy one. I would probably invest a lot of it and get some kind of financial advisor to help. I would be clueless what to do with that money, I sure as hell wouldnt spend it.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

You're at a party and go to take a leak in the bathroom but there's a huge turd clogged in the toilet. You walk right out and a really hot chick you like was there waiting to go next and about to walk in. What do you do?

This is difficult, I would tell her.

"Listen sweetcheeks, I just let go of something majorly benign in that bathroom. If you go in there, you will fall deeply in love with me instantly due to the luring scent of my mating call"

There is no other way to escape that situation, might as well work with what you got.

Next question:

What would happen if you could genetically modify yourself using advanced vaccines, what would you do to yourself?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I was just thinking of this today. First thing I would do is Pay Sticky to remove all traces of me from BimmerBoost.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Explain the situation to her. That, or say you love burritos as you probably have no shot with her anyway and she is likely a filthy whore anyway.

The US economy completely collapses, what do you do?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    I was just thinking of this today. First thing I would do is Pay Sticky to remove all traces of me from BimmerBoost.
    BIG price.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Frank would have other things to worry about if he becomes famous. Like saying something stupid

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Frank would have other things to worry about if he becomes famous. Like saying something stupid
    I dont take the internet serious. I say a bunch of BS I wouldn't say anywhere else. I sometimes say $#@! just for the fun of it. Just to see how people respond.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Next question:

What would happen if you could genetically modify yourself using advanced vaccines, what would you do to yourself?
    Make my weener 8 inches long...by genetically shrinking it in half. Just kidding, I can't back that up.

I would give myself super vision, like the acuity of an eagle - that would be pretty cool.

My question:
    If you were hard up for cash, and behind on your bills and rent, and you saw someone drop a bag and upon examination, saw that it contained $10,000 - what would you do?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RLSinCO Click here to enlarge
    Make my weener 8 inches long...by genetically shrinking it in half. Just kidding, I can't back that up.

I would give myself super vision, like the acuity of an eagle - that would be pretty cool.

My question:
    If you were hard up for cash, and behind on your bills and rent, and you saw someone drop a bag and upon examination, saw that it contained $10,000 - what would you do?
    I need money and a large amount of money is dropped in front of me? Well, I would take it as if the person who dropped it needed it as badly as I did they likely would have held onto it better. Therefore, it is more of a donation than theft.

My question: Would you put your parent in a resting home if you could not spare the time and finances to take of them at home in their old age?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RLSinCO Click here to enlarge
    I'd grab it and run home.

If you saw a hot girl alone on the street, really drunk and passed out, would you give her a ride? maybe take her home?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

If you saw a hot girl alone on the street, really drunk and passed out, would you give her a ride? maybe take her home?
    Some chicks are into kidnapping but I think I would just avoid this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

My question: Would you put your parent in a resting home if you could not spare the time and finances to take of them at home in their old age?
    Since this question is very subjective, if I could not spare the time or finances, I would have to give up my hobby and make damn sure that I can take care of them. Now if they were feeling lonely and requested to be moved to a resting home, I would be hesistant, but would do it. Personally, my family comes from a heavy background of keeping loved ones close to you, especially your parents, so I would have to either take care of them, or let my brother take care of them. I don't think they'd prefer living in a nursing home, as I wouldn't either. I would want to spend the last years of my life around my family.

My question: If you wanted to go backpacking through europe for a long time, and had the finances, but could not leave home due to having a gf, family, and other responsibilities, would you go and leave everything behind in ruin, since you can never be young again and have that same experience?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Since this question is very subjective, if I could not spare the time or finances, I would have to give up my hobby and make damn sure that I can take care of them. Now if they were feeling lonely and requested to be moved to a resting home, I would be hesistant, but would do it. Personally, my family comes from a heavy background of keeping loved ones close to you, especially your parents, so I would have to either take care of them, or let my brother take care of them. I don't think they'd prefer living in a nursing home, as I wouldn't either. I would want to spend the last years of my life around my family.

My question: If you wanted to go backpacking through europe for a long time, and had the finances, but could not leave home due to having a gf, family, and other responsibilities, would you go and leave everything behind in ruin, since you can never be young again and have that same experience?
    I prefer to go backpacking in Iraq, but no I wouldnt if I had to leave everything behind for some 'principle' that im young and only live once. Youll only realize later in life you lost more than you could have ever gained back just by going on a culture trip.

If I saw the bag-o-10grand I would take it, because it's there and I need it.

If I saw the drunk girl passed out and lonely on the street I would take her home and not try to make a move on her. Unless she asked me to of course.

Question:

What would happen if you had the opportunity to help a very needy family but it involved $#@!ing over a really rich dude but he wouldnt lose a lot of money (for him) except it would benefit the poor family greatly. Would you steal from the rich and give to the poor?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

What would happen if you had the opportunity to help a very needy family but it involved $#@!ing over a really rich dude but he wouldnt lose a lot of money (for him) except it would benefit the poor family greatly. Would you steal from the rich and give to the poor?
    You kind of answered this yourself saying the rich guy wouldnt be hurt by it and the poor family would benefit. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few... or the one.

Question:

(man, these realistic questions are too tough, I think the $#@! gold one would be good)

Your catch your wife/significant other cheating but she is pregnant with your child, what do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

God damn your realistic situation questions.

I would have to totally be honest with the $#@! and tell her I'm staying in a relationship until she gives birth, and I will take care of the child, she needs to get lost.

Question: Your wife tells you that she is sick and tired of taking care of your parents and she wants some privacy, but your parents have no where to go, and you remember that they have given you everything when you were younger, what do you do? (similar to sticky's question earlier in the thread)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    our wife tells you that she is sick and tired of taking care of your parents and she wants some privacy, but your parents have no where to go, and you remember that they have given you everything when you were younger, what do you do?
    Can't get new parents, can get a new wife.

Question: Your driving your brand new that just finished getting modded with tons of custom work and a large raised truck stops hard in front you. You can't brake in time and you can either swerve and hit pedestrians on the sidewalk but spare your car or take your chances hitting the truck likely injuring yourself and destroying your ride. What do you do?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Can't get new parents, can get a new wife.

Question: Your driving your brand new that just finished getting modded with tons of custom work and a large raised truck stops hard in front you. You can't brake in time and you can either swerve and hit pedestrians on the sidewalk but spare your car or take your chances hitting the truck likely injuring yourself and destroying your ride. What do you do?
    Hurt yourself and lose the car, the car can be replaced. You hitting pedestrians and getting sued and dealing with legal battles isn't worth the headache.

My question: $#@! I had a brain fart.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Hurt yourself and lose the car, the car can be replaced. You hitting pedestrians and getting sued and dealing with legal battles isn't worth the headache.
    You can't be replaced though.

So really it leads to a follow up question: Would you rather kill yourself in a wreck or avoid the wreck and kill others?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

You can't be replaced though.

So really it leads to a follow up question: Would you rather kill yourself in a wreck or avoid the wreck and kill others?
    Kill others. God selects people to go at any given moment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Kill others. God selects people to go at any given moment.
    By killing others you are playing God.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast