Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    For 5000- 6000 usd i can probably switch my AT for an MT.. Those prices are sick... It holds fine on 20 psi and thats not like something you use everyday...
    True, but at least it's something.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For 5000- 6000 usd i can probably switch my AT for an MT.. Those prices are sick... It holds fine on 20 psi and thats not like something you use everyday...
    LOL that's funny but true Click here to enlarge
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    yes please do. as the owner of a site dedicated to actual performance its actually mandatory for you to get information that is actually helpful and not respam BMW's own press releases
    Honestly, I would like to just go on cruise control like that. Check press.bmw.com, copy paste, done. Instead, I have to work. One look at our homepage vs. theirs those makes it all worth it though.

I contacted them, waiting on the response.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

The biggest issue for me with my automatic was that shifting was inconsistent and it wouldn't shift when I asked it to in manual mode. Now keep in mind I'm talking about when I bracket race....but I'm still super picky on the street with it. I never had issues with it handling power...but I'm certain it would have been an issue with the current upgrade path. Just the same, power capacity is not the only reason to upgrade an auto tranny in my opinion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

FWIW, at any boost level ive never had an issue with mine not doing exactly as it was supposed to. i havent been past 16 psi lately due to no traction, but not long ago i was at 19-20 psi for a long while doing multiple logs everyday. it would just be nice to upgrade to stronger parts before, rather than after

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I honestly think a lot of the shifting "issues" some people have encountered under hight boost and/or N20 runs can be attributed to the kickdown switch. I've had the trasmission shift back and forth between gears while alternating between wheelspin and traction, as if the transmission was confused. You have to make sure you stay off the kickdown switch if you don't actually want it to downshift.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I actually contacted zf, and the transmission is rated at a maximum of 332ft/lbd which is way lower than what we are running. However you guys need to keep in mind that the first rule of engineering is building something to withstand much more than its rating. In this case, the 335i makes that much torque in stock form (dyno proven) so zf obviously built it very strong. The auto tranny is actually stronger than the dct used in the 335is, thats why shiv has to drop boost between shift because its too much power for it. The transmisdion is very good I recommend that you always allow it to warm up the oil before flooring it, and if your running more than 400whp, I recommend getting a automatic transmission oil cooler.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

good info in here,. was just reading through the old stuff to see if anything wasnt answeredyet

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123