Close

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Boo! Change the system over a couple of occurrences?
    Not change, adjust.

I think people should think twice before messing/trolling with members with high rep.
    True as well.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    What if someone trolling receives 5 neg reps in a thread, they are automatically banned from posting in that thread?

There is never going to be a ideal solution, well not one that I can think of at the moment Click here to enlarge
    I'd like to do something like that where if you get X amount of neg rep in a thread in X amount of time you are automatically banned from it.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    are you not listening to a word i'm saying? it's PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for me to get my rep up enough to overcome the amount of negatives i'm getting from ONE person let alone the potential couple of other legitimate neg's... even with some people who are atively giving random +ves when they notice my rep has dropped again, it's not really slowing it down.

hence the system is BROKEN
    Broken isn't fair as that one person has high rep so it's a unique situation. You are discounting as a whole what is affecting you specifically with a specific instance necessary to make it happen.

Here's 100 rep, relax.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Broken isn't fair as that one person has high rep so it's a unique situation. You are discounting as a whole what is affecting you specifically with a specific instance necessary to make it happen.

Here's 100 rep, relax.
    sorry, i know, i revised it to 'flawed' as in 99% of cases the rep system is perfectly functional

thanks, but you shouldn't have to do that, and i don't actively want pityreps just to keep me here lol.. as much as it may seem i'm whining for it.

and i know you're busy (as evidenced by the latest update, and your HUGE expantion plans) so a fix will be on the way when it's on the way, just, like i've said, at this rate i'd have been negative before that happened... or go on a hiatus and just lurk it up lol.
    Last edited by Flinchy; 05-12-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

so because he USED to be a good member.. .he's allowed to basically run me off this site? you think the content i post (and will post) isn't worth me being here?..
    If you'd rather i take all my updates etc. in future to say, n54tech, first, i can do that instead...
    so because 'insert dictator x' didn't used to be a dictator, it's ok? i know it's an extreme example, but it fits the situation.
    sorry used to be? i forgot, only n54 owners are allowed here.. my bad.. sad sad world you live in

but, please, do tell us, what updates have you done anywhere on anything? if it was positive i would have seen and repped it, as much as anyone else.. but here you go again with crying that someone has more of something they earned themselves.. how odd..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

he did, what happened: LM was ripping on tony, i saw this as a bit OTT< i provided some links answering his questions (he has a self imposed ban from reading tony's threads) in the process of which i inadvertently defended tony.. then i was proceeded to be (largely unprovoked) called a retard etc. etc. by one LM.
    oh, is that how it happened? pretty sure the posts paint a different picture, but hey, whos counting right Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    oh, is that how it happened? pretty sure the posts paint a different picture, but hey, whos counting right Click here to enlarge
    Huh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    yes, the community, not one user, hence this discussion

at the moment, these tasks are capable of being taken on by ONE user, not THE COMMUNITY
    Your situation is different. Again you $#@!ed with the wrong person.

no, if you know anything about LM, he wouldn't and doesn't listen to him, i had access to the information, so i provided? it's how a forum works

just because you ask a vendor a question and another user who knows the answer gets to you first doesn't mean you get angry at said user...

and there was no 'battle' it was a simple piece of information
    No? wtf you mean "no". Tony is a grown ass man. I've seen him defend himself very well without the help of any member.
    I know LM plenty well, We've been on these forums for YEARS and even spoken to him over the phone a couple of times. I know exactly what he brings to the community, What do you bring to the table besides a $#@!load of whining??
    Has it occurred to you that maybe playing super hero is just not your thing?

yeah and at the momet it's not fair?

i have not once $#@!ed around with anyone. find a single post where i have. just one.

ok fine, if you want it your way you can help out LM, speed the process up, combined you could have me off this site within 4-5 days. seriously. go nuts.
    You dont $#@! with people huh? I was being cool with you and you neged me. Cool no problem I can play that game too. see how that works? So yeah I think I will take you up on that offer and neg the crap out of you.
    I see how you get negative attention I dont see how you dont.

exactly, there is absolutely no reason for it, i did nothing to garner REASONABLE negative attention.

so what if i negged you? some neg reps are deserved. that's what the system is there for... ignorant/trollish posts get negative reps and useful+constructive posts get +rep...i freely admit at least a few points out of the 250-300 i've lost recently are more than likely fair. but i seriously doubt that's even 20-30 legitimately.
    So what huh? You just dont get it do you? So I guess you wont mind if i neg the $#@! out of you also.
    are you not listening to a word i'm saying? it's PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for me to get my rep up enough to overcome the amount of negatives i'm getting from ONE person let alone the potential couple of other legitimate neg's... even with some people who are atively giving random +ves when they notice my rep has dropped again, it's not really slowing it down.

hence the system is FLAWED

i've lost probably 30 today alone, without posting anything to deserve it. if not more (with a couple of +ve to bump it up..).. besides, you don't think 400 rapidly approaching 500 and rising is an indication that i'd been a quality member for a while? not that you can tell now.
    Has it occured to you that YOU are the problem and not the rep system??
    Sorry to say its only going to get worse for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Just an idea Flinchy, but have you tried to talk with LM at all before you started complaining about the rep system?
    Maybe it is something that you two can resolve without Sticky changing the whole good working rep system.
    I know for a fact repping someone a lot takes a lot of effort. You do have to keep spreading reps to end up at the same person.
    That takes a lot of time.
    So there must be a good reason to keep that up
    Maybe you gave him a very good reason
    Try acting like an adult and talk to him about that instead of tiring all of us with it. Preferably via PM.
    Maybe you even win some respect in the process...
    Just my Click here to enlarge
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I think the best thing to do might be to see if neg rep spread can be implemented. So positive remains as it is but negative would be say double.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think the best thing to do might be to see if neg rep spread can be implemented. So positive remains as it is but negative would be say double.
    Explain please.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Just an idea Flinchy, but have you tried to talk with LM at all before you started complaining about the rep system?
    Maybe it is something that you two can resolve without Sticky changing the whole good working rep system.
    I know for a fact repping someone a lot takes a lot of effort. You do have to keep spreading reps to end up at the same person.
    Try acting like an adult and talk to him about that instead of tiring all of us with it. Preferably via PM.
    Great idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Explain please.
    Guess he means of your allowed reps per day it would use double to neg someone, I could be reading that wrong though.
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Guess he means of your allowed reps per day it would use double to neg someone, I could be reading that wrong though.
    Meh... I agree with DavidV and wouldn't change the system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

You should never have to worry about disagreeing with another member just because they have a super high rep. The rep system should never be used to shut someone up because they different opinion than you(it should be used to deter trolls and those who would derail a thread for no reason or personal gain.) If you use it in that manner you really are no better than Jason over on e90.

IDK what's going on between LM and flinchy but i say just move on. At this point LM is probably neg repping him for complaining about being neg repped but at a certain point it does make you wonder why someone would spend that much time just to mess with someone.

IMO flinchy is a valuable member of the forums and provides opinions and insight just as valuable as just about any other member.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

It means currently you have to spread to 10 users before repping the same user. What I would like to do is make it 20 for neg reps but leave positive as it is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

You dont $#@! with people huh? I was being cool with you and you neged me. Cool no problem I can play that game too. see how that works? So yeah I think I will take you up on that offer and neg the crap out of you.
    I see how you get negative attention I dont see how you dont.

So what huh? You just dont get it do you? So I guess you wont mind if i neg the $#@! out of you also.

Has it occured to you that YOU are the problem and not the rep system??
    Sorry to say its only going to get worse for you.
    see you don't understand how the system works, you were posting rude and ignorant things, so you get a neg rep? that's how it works.

i see how you're forcing this negative discussion right now. i don't see how you don't.

so yes, feel free to abuse the system by having an unwarranted vendetta against me.

you know it's not just me that's getting this right?

but really.. you serious? 'super hero'.. so you have never ever ever ever found some information to share, and shared it?

if you don't know what i bring to the community, you mustn't be a very active member, i suggest you have a quiet read for a while and see Click here to enlarge

cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

go through my post history if you don't think i have

i have made multiple specific posts of 'hey @LostMarine , i don't have a problem with you specifically in general in any way at all, but you seem to with me, would you care to tell me what's wrong so we can get over this' - that one almost word for word, and at least 3-4 other times in other posts

it's not my problem if he doesn't want to make it any better.

i even went in the thread this rep stuff started in (paraphrased) 'this has gotten too off topic, i've taken it to the actual thread for it, if you'd like to PM me about it, that'd be ok'

nothing

like i said in my above post, seriously, have a read more before commenting?

ergo, after SEVERAL DAYS of trying to find out why he was neg repping me and what the real issue was, with no resolution... i started posting in the other thread/here about it... fair enough?

ED: seriously, what's up with the community lately, please point out what i've posted to get actiely targeted negatively in ANY WAY at all

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    You should never have to worry about disagreeing with another member just because they have a super high rep. The rep system should never be used to shut someone up because they different opinion than you(it should be used to deter trolls and those who would derail a thread for no reason or personal gain.) If you use it in that manner you really are no better than Jason over on e90.

IDK what's going on between LM and flinchy but i say just move on. At this point LM is probably neg repping him for complaining about being neg repped but at a certain point it does make you wonder why someone would spend that much time just to mess with someone.
    ^^^^^ this exactly

it shouldn't matter who i disagree with ONCE. neg that post you disagree with and walk away

i disagree with you again? neg THAT post

that's all i'm saying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ^^^^^ this exactly

it shouldn't matter who i disagree with ONCE. neg that post you disagree with and walk away

i disagree with you again? neg THAT post

that's all i'm saying.
    I have people that find old post by me, and neg rep them now, for comments like "Yeah those wheels look great"

If people care enough to find old post just to lower your rep, then they don't matter

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

see you don't understand how the system works, you were posting rude and ignorant things, so you get a neg rep? that's how it works.

I understand it just fine, can't you tell by the rep I have accumulated?
    You seem to have a problem with constructive criticism.

Not broken. Been working pretty damn good if you ask me.

With all due respect, maybe you should bring your rep up before you put yourself in a position where you are targeted. Pay your dues first.
    LM paid his dues and has EARNED his rep by contributing positively to our community. He should be allowed to use his rep as he sees fit.
    How was the above rude or ignorant?? Seriously guy, you are worse than a female.
    See NOW I'm being rude.

so yes, feel free to abuse the system by having an unwarranted vendetta against me.

Will do

you know it's not just me that's getting this right?

The others have figured it out unlike you.
    Seems you love to play victim. Why are you whining so much guy?

but really.. you serious? 'super hero'.. so you have never ever ever ever found some information to share, and shared it?
    Keep playing super hero then.
    You should worry about yourself at let others defend themselves.
    Look at where its got you up to this point. Yeah I would say the hero thing isn't working out for ya.

if you don't know what i bring to the community, you mustn't be a very active member, i suggest you have a quiet read for a while and see

cheers.

Umm yeah, not very active. I must have magically got all my rep.
    Not many threads by you buddy to have a "quiet read"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    I have people that find old post by me, and neg rep them now, for comments like "Yeah those wheels look great"

If people care enough to find old post just to lower your rep, then they don't matter
    Rep for you to make that up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I understand it just fine, can't you tell by the rep I have accumulated?
    You seem to have a problem with constructive criticism.
    i have no problem with criticism, as long as it's constructive Click here to enlarge

but you were complaining about a single negative rep, and by the function of the system, i'm allowed to dislike that post and give it a -rep.. however, i won't go around negging any of your other posts unless they deserve it, in fact, i've seen posts i'd +rep if i wasn't maxed out for the day

hence 'how the system works'

How was the above rude or ignorant?? Seriously guy, you are worse than a female.
    See NOW I'm being rude.
    yes, rude, but not ignorant Click here to enlarge

i made quite a number of valid points about the rep system in it's current implementation, that regardless of how many people are effected by it, can be improved upon, without reducing functionality, improving it as a whole with no forseeable downsides

your response was (in essence) 'who cares, don't screw with it! it's fine in every other case' - am i incorrect? - hence, ignorance

and if the new changes turn out to have downsides? either revert to the previous most functional implementation, or continue experimenting until it works as well as possile

Will do
    will YOU at least give me an explanation as to why ? haha

The others have figured it out unlike you.
    Seems you love to play victim. Why are you whining so much guy?
    no they haven't? like @Sered from memory was also getting negged out of nowhere last i saw... checked again, he's a fair bit lower than yesterday without even having made a post.

Keep playing super hero then.
    You should worry about yourself at let others defend themselves.
    Look at where its got you up to this point. Yeah I would say the hero thing isn't working out for ya.
    why do you keep mentioning 'hero'

the correct term is 'forum user'... if everyone were to ignore everyone else's indirect questions, 90% of people wouldn't get an answer and this forum would be a ghost town.

i shouldn't have to worry about making comments ever. i shouldn't have to 'worry about myself' not in this capacity at least.

if you asked a question about something, i'd answer it, and i'd give you the correct answer. you'd neg rep me for that?

if i didn't have the correct answer, simple, no post.

Umm yeah, not very active. I must have magically got all my rep.
    Not many threads by you buddy to have a "quiet read"
    it was hyperbole more than anything..

what do you mean by that last line though? i haven't started many threads? i guess that's true...
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

go through my post history if you don't think i have

i have made multiple specific posts of 'hey @LostMarine , i don't have a problem with you specifically in general in any way at all, but you seem to with me, would you care to tell me what's wrong so we can get over this' - that one almost word for word, and at least 3-4 other times in other posts

it's not my problem if he doesn't want to make it any better.

i even went in the thread this rep stuff started in (paraphrased) 'this has gotten too off topic, i've taken it to the actual thread for it, if you'd like to PM me about it, that'd be ok'

nothing

like i said in my above post, seriously, have a read more before commenting?

ergo, after SEVERAL DAYS of trying to find out why he was neg repping me and what the real issue was, with no resolution... i started posting in the other thread/here about it... fair enough?

ED: seriously, what's up with the community lately, please point out what i've posted to get actiely targeted negatively in ANY WAY at all
    Dude, I think you misread my well meant advice for a genuine interest in your life and problems.
    I don't really care about your problems.
    But I see where it's coming from.
    If you neg repped me for giving you advice I start to get where LM is coming from and what his problems with you are.
    Maybe you don't really get the purpose of the repping system.
    That can be it.
    But I can tell you're not here to make a lot of friends.
    Also publically adressing your dispute with someone as a rule of thumb does not work.
    As you grow older you will probably learn this.
    Try resolving those issues in PM.
    That's all the advice I'm gonna give you.
    Create your own problems or resolve them, your choice.
    But make the wrong choices and you will find out you will only be missed here for so long...
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Dude, I think you misread my well meant advice for a genuine interest in your life and problems.
    I don't really care about your problems.
    But I see where it's coming from.
    If you neg repped me for giving you advice I start to get where LM is coming from and what his problems with you are.
    Maybe you don't really get the purpose of the repping system.
    That can be it.
    But I can tell you're not here to make a lot of friends.
    Also publically adressing your dispute with someone as a rule of thumb does not work.
    As you grow older you will probably learn this.
    Try resolving those issues in PM.
    That's all the advice I'm gonna give you.
    Create your own problems or resolve them, your choice.
    But make the wrong choices and you will find out you will only be missed here for so long...
    awesome, at least now you're straight up being rude. (AND showing your lack of reading and comprehension).. ooh and implying i'm immature, good good.

I PM'd LM about it.. you know what i got? "go and read the posts directed at me that i never asked for" - paraphrased.. so again, i'll say it, no, i cannot resolve this with LM, he seems to flatout refuse to give me any reason for anything, hence other actions need to be taken hence the posts in this thread?

you seem to be another person who doesn't get the rep system.. i'll even re-explain it here... if you don't like this post, feel free to neg rep it, that's what the rep system is for (also if a post is wilfully ignorant, trolling, potentially harmful, you know, anything negative)

if you don't like this post, don't feel free to neg rep this post, my last post, the post before that, the post you see in a week that's helping someone make a product purchase/diagnose an issue.. that is NOT what the rep system is for.

BUT that is exactly what was/is happening.. and you don't have a problem with it being used in this manner?

i'm here to make friends, share cool car stuff, laugh at horrible car stuff, and commiserate with broken car stuff but it seems like you and alpine aren't particularly, since you don't seem to enjoy reading posts properly and understanding them... i mean, judging by your above reply, you didn't seem to have read the post you quoted even.

i didn't initially address the dispute publically, this was about the rep system and how it's being abused, regardless of who is doing it or who is effected by it.. i didn't initially state that a particular member was doing anything, just that random unwarranted negatives were happening, and that it wouldn't be long before i was effectively banned.

can you please explain why you have such a negative attitude towards me when i have never done anything untoward to you?.. so please, explain why you have a sudden dislike for me as well, and 'where it's coming from'

actually, since you'll probably get it wrong, it's coming from frustration at other peoples ignorance. i'd just like people to read and comprehend what i'm saying before typing out replies. simples.
    Last edited by Flinchy; 05-14-2013 at 07:49 AM.
    boop

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast