Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

2011 Blck E90 335i Step N55 - 1st E90 335i N55 Flashed in USA 1/25/11. PAW Mild Flash

2011 Blck E90 335i Step N55 - 1st E90 335i N55 Flashed in USA 1/25/11. PAW Mild Flash
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Converted the PDF to jpg to make it easier for everyone.

What is the PAW flash?

Dyno:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Sticky, the conversion screwed up the text. Looks like some pretty hardcore torque drop near the end, but that is the turbo and head's fault, the tune itself looks solid!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

It's been flashed before.....but Congrats.

BG

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, the conversion screwed up the text. Looks like some pretty hardcore torque drop near the end, but that is the turbo and head's fault, the tune itself looks solid!
    Yep, for whatever reason it just isn't converting that first page right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

pretty nasty low end torque. gotta love that pull
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

damn congrats.. i love boost hehehehe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Word on the street this was done via a bench flash, aka taking the ECU out of the car.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    Word on the street this was done via a bench flash, aka taking the ECU out of the car.
    Is that good, bad, or what?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

As it stands right now the N54 is still good to go flash wise, but the N55 requires a jumper. It can be assumed a work around will be found eventually. Cobb is also confident they will have a solution in the near future

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@Cobb
    Hey Everyone,

The setup Mike posted is the "back door" to the MEVD172 which is how Dimsport always starts selling a product. Next up you will see them switch to OBDII tuning. Same story, different ECU.

I have what is needed to crack the N55, but it's going to take me some time as most of my time is being devoted to N54 tuning.

Cheers,
    Rob
    pics of Shiv bench loading

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

and Mike and/or Terry

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Is that good, bad, or what?
    I would say it's bad. Most people don't want to pull the ECU out of the car much less have to send it to someone to get it flashed. Until they get it ODBII based I believe it's going to discourage the vast majority of users from flashing
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    I would say it's bad. Most people don't want to pull the ECU out of the car much less have to send it to someone to get it flashed. Until they get it ODBII based I believe it's going to discourage the vast majority of users from flashing
    If it is the only solution as of right now for flashing it is just something people have to deal with. I don't see having to remove it as that big of a deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Thanks for showing the other way of flashing with Dimsport...lol. Hmmm... maybe we should do it this way instead of using oem computing power for EOBD flash Click here to enlarge. If it's bad flashing the car with any OEM or aftermarket tools, you should not do it & it's not meant for everyone that likes piggybacks. DME Flash & coding will always be better than a patch & tuners will only be limited to DME tuning by how much they know of the code.

So, I don't see why a piggyback will exceed the capabilities of the DME, if right tuners understand the logic behind it & engine protection it offers. It should be the other way around. "Piggybacks are patches, not tunes & does not offer any other coding engine protection!" IMO. I am sure all those dyno or 1/4 mile times you guys keep seeing from piggybacks, you probably have no idea or maybe you do how they manipulate cars with marketing & the damages they have done that you don't hear from the same. I will keep myself quite since 2007 & post only constructive post not to start a war. So anytime I hear piggyback, I will leave it for the same makers to solve the issue.
    Last edited by LW@MTG; 01-30-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    It should be the other way around. "Piggybacks are patches, not tunes & does not offer any other coding engine protection!" IMO.
    I don't know who would disagree with this, that is how should be. I think the piggy mentality just comes from the N54 market where the flashes do not yet have a complete grasp even though a flash is the preferred solution ultimately.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thanks for showing the other way of flashing ...
    No insult intended, but correct me if I'm wrong- this option is still a bench flash (ECU removed from vehicle) currently? The pictures I posted were not intended to say that's how you do your work, but merely for illustration purposes.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

No insult taken =) On the contrary, glad to see people post the MEVD17.2 it's flash able either by obvious OEM tool or aftermarket tool. Unlike scare tactics used to promote non-flash products & saying it cannot go higher power with a flash + it's not cost effective. Without knowing all other facts of dyno's w/o afr's (is it lean?), no cats, 'race' gas used to richen it, even intercooler freezing, using PO Boxes for address, weight removal for faster times, etc... even they can have a tool to flash read/write/chksm & copy same tool, but cannot make the power since no DME tuning abilities.

For now the flash tune for the MEVD17.2 & new Mini Countryman will need to send out the DME. And from what I remember people use to send their computers for 'chipping' around the globe, and with now logistic companies like UPS or FEDEX can overnite next day insured (unless some act of God issue)
    It's understandable users would love map switching features on the DME, but if you can get and drive with a 320hp-365whp from a stock engine (~255-275whp) while keeping it GREEN daily & knowing that you can pump your good old premium gas without BMW service stress (MIL codes). It's more practical than remove/reinstall parts from many sold fluff or useless parts when you get it serviced IMO.

Of course there's those that will want more power (>360-400hp), like us... once you start you can't stop kind of deal. There's GREEN'er solutions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Unlike scare tactics used to promote non-flash products & saying it cannot go higher power with a flash + it's not cost effective.
    I am quite stick of those scare tactics as well which are designed to keep someone in a piggy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I am quite stick of those scare tactics as well which are designed to keep someone in a piggy.
    Well, time to change that thought. Let's promote something nice for the community here at Bimmerboost.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Well, time to change that thought. Let's promote something nice for the community here at Bimmerboost.com
    You got it Click here to enlarge I think a nice promotion for a flash tune should be up tomorrow...