Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,855
    Rep Points
    31,580.7
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    I came to the same conclusion as Mikewads and PG did, race gas did not seem to make the car faster.
    Meth is a large variable in your conclusion though, with meth already the gains from race gas will not be as pronounced as to a car without meth going to race gas.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,855
    Rep Points
    31,580.7
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    I think they've progressed with the tune a bit, as most good tuners always do, the curve looks amazing compared to my dyno done several months ago, good stuff.
    The results clearly show the tune has evolved. I'm very impressed, I wish more people also knew just how far they took the motor without meth.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Meth is a large variable in your conclusion though, with meth already the gains from race gas will not be as pronounced as to a car without meth going to race gas.
    I think so, but I also ran the car with just race fuel, 100 octane, and MS109, NO METH, no real difference either.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,855
    Rep Points
    31,580.7
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    I think so, but I also ran the car with just race fuel, 100 octane, and MS109, NO METH, no real difference either.
    True, but the car also was not tuned for that setup. Car is tuned for meth + 91.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    True, but the car also was not tuned for that setup. Car is tuned for meth + 91.
    True.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,855
    Rep Points
    31,580.7
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Not sure if I am supposed to say.
    You aren't supposed to say and I understand why. Someone needs to pm or text me the specs though because I want to know for myself.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,990
    Rep Points
    5,691.0
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You aren't supposed to say and I understand why. Someone needs to pm or text me the specs though because I want to know for myself.
    I want in on the secrets! lol
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Points
    35.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    This is impressive! I always thought that if you went with Gintani you had to go with meth. Looks like that's no longer true.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,855
    Rep Points
    31,580.7
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gixxer_kidd Click here to enlarge
    This is impressive! I always thought that if you went with Gintani you had to go with meth. Looks like that's no longer true.
    It never was true to begin with, all their SC's were without meth. I requested meth for my build and then Drew got the same setup and for whatever reason people thought that is the way it is.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Looks like they are already claiming funny business over on Bpost. They say it is all correction factor.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,855
    Rep Points
    31,580.7
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Looks like they are already claiming funny business over on Bpost. They say it is all correction factor.
    Heh, of course they are. That is the downside to having a dynodynamics, you will never satisfy people. It can be run a on a dynojet to shut them up but they should ask themselves what 7 psi will produce.

    Look, this is putting down more than my car did at first with 7.5 psi and meth on the same dyno. This is also using a different blower...

    Kind of funny that the answers to all their questions are here.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    la la land
    Posts
    337
    Rep Points
    256.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Brace for $#@!storm

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,170
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    They also have that new dyno room (which pretty gorgeous) and Im no genius about this stuff but I believe its supposed to simulate the car driving at faster speeds and with the amount of air flowing thru that room and more into the car, cars will now read a bit higher on the dyno. Which isnt a bad thing at all, i would just think you cant compare the #s made before on this dyno and #s made now.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,855
    Rep Points
    31,580.7
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    They also have that new dyno room (which pretty gorgeous) and Im no genius about this stuff but I believe its supposed to simulate the car driving at faster speeds and with the amount of air flowing thru that room and more into the car, cars will now read a bit higher on the dyno. Which isnt a bad thing at all, i would just think you cant compare the #s made before on this dyno and #s made now.
    I think you raise an interesting point here, there is much more air flow now.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,170
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think you raise an interesting point here, there is much more air flow now.
    damn straight I do. Sometimes I amaze myself.

    but for real, seems pretty simple to me....more air flow on dyno will = more power. Also can tune the cars more properly to simulate faster speeds and the actual amount of air the car is taking in at those speeds.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,855
    Rep Points
    31,580.7
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    damn straight I do. Sometimes I amaze myself.

    but for real, seems pretty simple to me....more air flow on dyno will = more power. Also can tune the cars more properly to simulate faster speeds and the actual amount of air the car is taking in at those speeds.
    I think the air flow is a factor even though they used a big ass fan before but the real key is the tune and the new blower in my opinion. Those are going to have the largest impact, dynojet numbers would really help in this situation.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    284
    Rep Points
    0.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Sc much easier to tune. From my understanding. One can only wish for a turbo s65.
    Send one to me, get a standalone and get a tuner.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    2,342
    Rep Points
    768.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I have a HPF car. Turbo e92m would be badass tho.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,855
    Rep Points
    31,580.7
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lughed Click here to enlarge
    Send one to me, get a standalone and get a tuner.
    No one has a standalone working with the DCT as I understand it and you would lose I-drive and other creature comforts. Not a perfect solution...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •