Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is why I'm scared of getting a bike. It isn't me that I am worried about as much as other people who just don't know how to drive around bikers.

Thing is, I'm in the perfect area to own a bike with so many canyon roads.
    If you get a bike, buy FULL protection, wear it, and always assume somebody is going to peg you at the next intersection/stop-light/stop-sign/whatever. Also, get used to the brakes BEFORE you haul ass. Practice locking up your rear at low speed so you know what to do to regain traction and straighten up. Practice finding the limit of your front tire, preferably with frame-sliders and smooth concrete. Even if you have ABS you should LEARN the limit of your bike, don't find out when it's too late.....

There is nothing else in the world like being on a sport-bike carving up some turns.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That is a horrible story, what happened?
    The bike started wobbling in the sand, the front dug in, she got tossed from the back, he got thrown straight down, she hit her head on the sand (WTF!) and it was game over from there.

No collision with the bike or a rock or anything. He was barely cut, somehow she had internal damage inside her skull. She wasn't even bleeding......

They took her to Christus Spohn Hospital and she laid in a coma for 3 days before being pronounced dead. She was set up to have her organs donated and they had a small memorial service for her.

Not that this determines a person's worth, but she was a almost 4.0 GPA student in the nursing program at Texas A&M University Corpus Christi. Her friends and the school also had a memorial service for her.

The worst part is NOBODY got to say good-bye, or how much they appreciated her, or tell her how proud they were of her, or tell her one last time that they loved her. I basically provided the tool for her pre-mature death. I don't blame her parents for not wanting us at the funeral, I went anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

damn

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    I always liked the Brad D videos. Theres always some humor infused.
    Yes a dark sense of humor is needed in vids.

Last edited by GG///M3; 01-21-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    The worst part is NOBODY got to say good-bye, or how much they appreciated her, or tell her how proud they were of her, or tell her one last time that they loved her. I basically provided the tool for her pre-mature death. I don't blame her parents for not wanting us at the funeral, I went anyway.
    Glad you went anyway, it wasn't your fault. The parents are angry so they just targeted you guys with their anger even though it does not make sense. It's life, you never know what will happen. She could have slipped in the shower and hit her head, you don't blame the water department for that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12