5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Jeep Forum Post Sparks Viral Manifesto on Relationships

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Copied it over, excellent:

So, my boyfriend bought a '96 Cherokee (XJ) SE, for way too much, like around $3,000. It broke down and he has put another $2,500 in it and totally rebuilt the engine and did a lot of after market work on it. He has and will do all the labor himself, he refuses to pay for labor. Now, he finds out that the motor needs to be taken back out and fixed again and is looking at another $700. I said he should just sell it and wipe his hands clean, he says he won't make enough.

Firstly, what is your guys' opinion on what he should do? Secondly, how much do you think he could make parting it versus just the whole car as is?

Thanks for your guys' opinions!
    You want my opinion? Ok…

Shut the hell up. You're not his wife. You're not paying for the repairs. It's absolutely none of your business what he does with his Jeep or his money. I know your type well… first it's "Sell the Jeep because it's costing too much money." Then it's "No, you can't go spend the weekend with your buddies because I need you to take me shopping." Then it's "Oh gee, honey… I'm pregnant. Gosh, I have no idea how that happened."
    You're a DreamKiller. You kill a guy's dreams, take away his future, tie him down with a fat mortgage and too many babies, and turn him into just another miserable guy wondering, "How the hell did I get here?"

Do you really want to help him? Here's what you do… go to your local library (it's a big building with books inside) and check out a couple of books on rebuilding engines. Read them, over and over, until YOU understand what needs to be done. Then help him get that engine out and rebuild it. Tie your hair back in a ponytail, put on some old jeans and get your hands dirty. Hand him wrenches, hold the light, pull the wire connectors apart, help him get the hood off… help him with anything he needs. When he gets tired, run inside and make him a hot lunch or dinner. Fix him coffee, hot chocolate, whatever he wants. (But NO beer. Beer is for when the job is done.)

Then when the day is over and you're both exhausted from working on the engine, push him into a hot shower and jump in with him. Scrub his back, wash his hair, rinse him off, and dry him with fluffy towels still hot from the dryer. Then push him into bed and screw his ears off. Then get up the next day and do it all over again.

Make him realize that rebuilding an engine is a slow and methodical process. Make him realize that every step should be regarded as surgery; every step must be perfect… perfect torque, perfect fit, perfectly clean. If you run into a step that you just can't figure out, ask for help from someone who knows what he's doing. Are you cute? Put on a low-cut top, show some cleavage and go (by yourself) to the local Jeep shop, and explain to the guys that you are helping your boyfriend to rebuild his engine and neither of you can figure out this one little step, and do they have any advice…

Think it won't work? Think again. We guys love to help cute girls, even if they have a boyfriend. (Hey, maybe you've got a sister, or girlfriend…)
    But absolutely DO NOT whine or complain. Do not say a single negative thing. Not a single "Oooooo, I broke a nail." If you break a nail, or cut your finger, or bang a knuckle, you just shut up and DEAL WITH IT. You should be a hopelessly optomistic, never-say-die cheerleader, encouraging him every step of the way.
    That's my opinion.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hahahahaha
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    love his reply...and what a great day, great girlfriend that would be if she did what he said to do. If my girlfriend did what he said, Id marry her!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    If my girlfriend did what he said, Id marry her!
    I'd fight you to the death for her. Plus, if I won, she would be on the rebound + sad from your demise (or happy, not sure) making things easy and getting rid of the old boyfriend problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'd fight you to the death for her. Plus, if I won, she would be on the rebound + sad from your demise (or happy, not sure) making things easy and getting rid of the old boyfriend problem.
    haha, thats a good one!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i think its ignorant, to say she is not his wife is dumb when they could live together for years and years with there finaces tied together in witch case she would have a say, maybe the guys is a dumb ass that needs guidance lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    i think its ignorant, to say she is not his wife is dumb when they could live together for years and years with there finaces tied together in witch case she would have a say, maybe the guys is a dumb ass that needs guidance lol
    You clearly missed the part that said, "So my boyfriend..."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    You clearly missed the part that said, "So my boyfriend..."
    no i didnt you misunderstood me, what i was trying to say is that its wrong to think that just because she is just a :girlfriend and not a wife isnt fair, my girl has lived with me for 4 years and we have a child so our finances are intermingled, in the reply the guy is suggesting your just a gf so shut the hell up you have no say and all im saying is thats not always the case

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    relax fellas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no i didnt you misunderstood me, what i was trying to say is that its wrong to think that just because she is just a :girlfriend and not a wife isnt fair, my girl has lived with me for 4 years and we have a child so our finances are intermingled, in the reply the guy is suggesting your just a gf so shut the hell up you have no say and all im saying is thats not always the case
    I agree with him and disagree with you. If your car is in your name, your girlfriend shouldn't have any say (no legal right as well) whether or not you sell your car. And I've been married.

If I were you, I would reconsider joint-finances. I don't even recommend them for married couples. One day your girlfriend could just wipe the accounts and take off and then what? You put the accounts in her name. You would be left with nothing without recourse.
    Last edited by Yomama69; 01-17-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol we are just not on the same page here,what i meant by joint is not names on accounts or loans i meant a responsibility to each other with spendings and bills, for example she cant go guy a $500 bag or something w/o discussing it first and making sure "we" can afford it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol we are just not on the same page here,what i meant by joint is not names on accounts or loans i meant a responsibility to each other with spendings and bills, for example she cant go guy a $500 bag or something w/o discussing it first and making sure "we" can afford it
    Your finances are not co-mingled then. You just have a mutual agreement with your girlfriend. We were not on the same page, because your explanation was lacking proper understanding. I get it now. I'm going to rofl if you ever post a thread titled "My Girlfriend is Making Me Sell My BMW." I hope if that ever comes up, you reevaluate your position.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

So, my girlfriend just bought another pair of designer shoes that I don't think are very good looking. They're the kind with the big platform under the ball of the foot and the large piece of leather that goes from the toe to the front of the ankle; they remind me of the "spats" that people in marching bands wear. Anyway, they cost over $300, and I don't think they will be very comfortable to walk in, or even very popular next year, when, if history is an indicator, she will want to buy more pairs of the latest fashion shoes.

I think she should just buy one or two pairs of sensible shoes that look normal and will last her a few years. Also, she could put her new shoes on Ebay now and get some of her money back, before her weird shoes go out of style.

How much do you think she could get for the shoes, and what do you think of her habit of buying shoes that I don't think are worth the money she spends?

Thanks for your opinions!

*hyperbolic fiction to demonstrate the true intent of her "innocent question"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    love his reply...and what a great day, great girlfriend that would be if she did what he said to do. If my girlfriend did what he said, Id marry her!
    I already won. Found one like that and married her in 2009 Click here to enlarge Zero complaints so far...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    Your finances are not co-mingled then. You just have a mutual agreement with your girlfriend. We were not on the same page, because your explanation was lacking proper understanding. I get it now. I'm going to rofl if you ever post a thread titled "My Girlfriend is Making Me Sell My BMW." I hope if that ever comes up, you reevaluate your position.
    LOL now that will NEVER happen

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL Epic response, gonna print it out and tape it on my wall.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol

Response of the godamn year!
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    LOL Epic response, gonna print it out and tape it on my wall.
    Psh, tape it to your wife.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Psh, tape it to your wife.
    I was thinking of stapling it to her...

With those big industrial staplers, you know the air powered ones you get at home depot?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I was thinking of stapling it to her...

With those big industrial staplers, you know the air powered ones you get at home depot?
    Use a proper nail gun and stop being a pussy:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is more or less what I had in mind....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Click here to enlarge