Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 60
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Yeah definetely get the cm10 nozzle. Concerning CP you normally state in the order that you want a meth bung. ER is a nice pipe.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    Alright I just got an answer back from the Vishnu guys on setting up my meth kit: 'not sure, search vishnu pnp meth kit install on e90post' ... sigh.

    Does a CM10 sound right to everyone here? It looks like that's what most stage 3 people are running in a single nozzle config to me, but just checking.

    I had totally forgot about the HPF charge pipe, but other than the issue of who knows when it will go on sale, is it me or are there no meth bungs?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,129
    Rep Points
    9,106.3
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    92


    Yes Reputation No
    The CM10 is a great nozzle, we always have plenty in stock: http://www.burgertuning.com/methanol_injectors.html

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Points
    87.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Have you looked into the Aquamist HSF-3 ? It has all the features you are looking for and is a true progressive system not a pump speed one. IIRC Vishnu has worked with these and they are compatable with their failsafe.

    edit: Just read that you won the free system. Can't go wrong with free.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,927
    Rep Points
    1,376.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Any reviews on Aquamist on our cars?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    ive heard a bunch of good things about aquamist. my friend with a high hp sti uses it and loves/praises it to me all the time. it would be nice if someone who doesnt have a kit already tried it Click here to enlarge maybe unfor? they have a whole range of injection products though they all may not be compatible.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Points
    87.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I believe the HFS-3 is. I saw this thread a while back on E90 post showing an installation. I don't know if its OK to post links to other forums so if its not I will edit it.
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428747

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,465
    Rep Points
    32,150.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jason Click here to enlarge
    I believe the HFS-3 is. I saw this thread a while back on E90 post showing an installation. I don't know if its OK to post links to other forums so if its not I will edit it.
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428747
    It's fine, it just doesn't work the other way around.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's fine, it just doesn't work the other way around.
    is it a traffic reason? they dont want to lose BP members to BB? in all honesty, to some people, it may have the opposite effect, seeing *******.com will make you curious.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,465
    Rep Points
    32,150.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    is it a traffic reason? they dont want to lose BP members to BB? in all honesty, to some people, it may have the opposite effect, seeing *******.com will make you curious.
    Well, Jason is simply a prick and doesn't like someone challenging him. I never respected his "authority" (because he isn't a car guy or a real enthusiast) and told him if he continued to treat people the way he was I would create my own forum and shove it up his ass. So, he tried early on to prevent us from succeeding by censoring bimmerboost. It didn't work and they continue to try but the bigger we get the more difficult it will become. It just makes them look scared now. The early point where they hoped we would die off is over, we are here to stay.

    Jason simply doesn't want me to succeed and it is personal, that is what it boils down to. He says we spam him, well, he censored us before a single post ever went up about BB due to PencilGeek telling him about the site early on while it was still being set up. So he fired the first shot and well, we will keep firing back. He will never get rid of us and we will harass and bite and scratch at him every day through the forum, twitter, facebook, youtube, you name it.

    I agree, *****.com makes you want to know what is up. $#@! all the big BMW forums and their politics, we will do it without their help. Funny thing is Jason couldn't, he had to spam bimmerforums.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Points
    87.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well, Jason is simply a prick and doesn't like someone challenging him. I never respected his "authority" (because he isn't a car guy or a real enthusiast) and told him if he continued to treat people the way he was I would create my own forum and shove it up his ass. So, he tried early on to prevent us from succeeding by censoring bimmerboost. It didn't work and they continue to try but the bigger we get the more difficult it will become. It just makes them look scared now. The early point where they hoped we would die off is over, we are here to stay.

    Jason simply doesn't want me to succeed and it is personal, that is what it boils down to. He says we spam him, well, he censored us before a single post ever went up about BB due to PencilGeek telling him about the site early on while it was still being set up. So he fired the first shot and well, we will keep firing back. He will never get rid of us and we will harass and bite and scratch at him every day through the forum, twitter, facebook, youtube, you name it.

    I agree, *****.com makes you want to know what is up. $#@! all the big BMW forums and their politics, we will do it without their help. Funny thing is Jason couldn't, he had to spam bimmerforums.
    Different Jason BTW.....

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,465
    Rep Points
    32,150.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jason Click here to enlarge
    Different Jason BTW.....
    Yes, we know, don't worry.

    If you were that Jason I would have already edited your username and put gay dudes going at it in your sig to represent what being on bimmerpost is like.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    286
    Rep Points
    93.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    If you're going with ER cp ask them to move the nozzle to the elbow if your car is lce , or buy the elbow, don't go with the bungs location they're offering.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    286
    Rep Points
    93.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jason Click here to enlarge
    I believe the HFS-3 is. I saw this thread a while back on E90 post showing an installation. I don't know if its OK to post links to other forums so if its not I will edit it.
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428747
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,927
    Rep Points
    1,376.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Well that is the typical level of knowledge in that site... no wonder there hasn't been a review since it might have gone south. Aquamist (Richard himself) states:
    The HFS-3 cannot (compared to the HFS-6):
    - offset against the initial F-IDC - the F-IDC threshold % = starting point of meth flow %
    - It doesn't have manifold pressure compensation, but can use it as a reference for injection (see below).
    - alter the failsafe reset period = pegged at 3 seconds
    - read "Direct Injection" pulses such as the 335i or Audi FSI pulses
    - control a MAC valve directly as with the HFS-6

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Points
    697.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Yeah definetely get the cm10 nozzle. Concerning CP you normally state in the order that you want a meth bung. ER is a nice pipe.
    Thanks for all the input Enrita, it's appreciated.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Well that is the typical level of knowledge in that site... no wonder there hasn't been a review since it might have gone south. Aquamist (Richard himself) states:
    The HFS-3 cannot (compared to the HFS-6):
    - offset against the initial F-IDC - the F-IDC threshold % = starting point of meth flow %
    - It doesn't have manifold pressure compensation, but can use it as a reference for injection (see below).
    - alter the failsafe reset period = pegged at 3 seconds
    - read "Direct Injection" pulses such as the 335i or Audi FSI pulses
    - control a MAC valve directly as with the HFS-6
    Good info there. It is suspicious that he was hard charging to get info out there and then silence.
    Click here to enlarge

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Points
    697.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jason Click here to enlarge
    Have you looked into the Aquamist HSF-3 ? It has all the features you are looking for and is a true progressive system not a pump speed one. IIRC Vishnu has worked with these and they are compatable with their failsafe.

    edit: Just read that you won the free system. Can't go wrong with free.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but yeah I don't think any of the other companies are going to be able to compete with the price I got this kit for.
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Points
    697.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    After doing some more reading and talking to some forum members that have done their own testing I've decided to go with the charge pipe meth injection location. I really think the kits use the elbows out of a plug and play cost concern. As of right now I've asked CM to just send me the kit as is while I figure out what I need to add to get it to integrate into my tune properly. I'm hoping I don't have to spend $400+ on a controller when all I'm looking for is a flow sensor. I am really starting to see why people just go without the meth safety lol.
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Points
    87.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Well that is the typical level of knowledge in that site... no wonder there hasn't been a review since it might have gone south. Aquamist (Richard himself) states:
    The HFS-3 cannot (compared to the HFS-6):
    - offset against the initial F-IDC - the F-IDC threshold % = starting point of meth flow %
    - It doesn't have manifold pressure compensation, but can use it as a reference for injection (see below).
    - alter the failsafe reset period = pegged at 3 seconds
    - read "Direct Injection" pulses such as the 335i or Audi FSI pulses
    - control a MAC valve directly as with the HFS-6
    Actually your info appears to be dated. I e-mail Howerton Engineering to request info on the kit and sent your quote. This was the reply from I believe Jeff.

    "Well that is the typical level of knowledge in that site... no wonder there hasn't been a review since it might have gone south. Aquamist (Richard himself) states:
    The HFS-3 cannot (compared to the HFS-6):
    - offset against the initial F-IDC - the F-IDC threshold % = starting point of meth flow %
    True, the HFS-3 has no TRIM function(parallel offset), but does share GAIN with the HFS-6
    - It doesn't have manifold pressure compensation, but can use it as a reference for injection (see below).
    It does have a fixed MAP compensation, at 30%, if enabled. Not USER adjustable as the HFS-6
    - alter the failsafe reset period = pegged at 3 seconds
    True, The failsafe is reset is fixed.
    - read "Direct Injection" pulses such as the 335i or Audi FSI pulses
    The Version 2 HFS-3 board has the most advanced DI circuitry available. But requires activation before shipping and a special cable to be utilized.
    - control a MAC valve directly as with the HFS-6
    Uses only the normal contacts for the faisafe, the 3 does not have a dedicated MAC circuit in addition to the normal as the 6 does.

    The rate of development is much faster than old posts on some forums. It is best to contact the factory or a qualified dealer for the latest info."


  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Points
    697.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jason Click here to enlarge
    Actually your info appears to be dated. I e-mail Howerton Engineering to request info on the kit and sent your quote. This was the reply from I believe Jeff.


    The rate of development is much faster than old posts on some forums. It is best to contact the factory or a qualified dealer for the latest info."
    From what the user in the original post (Syndicategt) was saying it sounded like he was working closely with Aquamist. Any chance they know what happened with his config so we can get word from the horses mouth?
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Points
    87.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    From what the user in the original post (Syndicategt) was saying it sounded like he was working closely with Aquamist. Any chance they know what happened with his config so we can get word from the horses mouth?
    If someone is a member over there they could PM him. I do not have an account on that forum.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,927
    Rep Points
    1,376.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Interesting that Aquamist/Howerton does not have any info in their HFS-3 product pages about them having upgraded their HFS-3 system. Jason, why not try it out.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Points
    87.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Interesting that Aquamist/Howerton does not have any info in their HFS-3 product pages about them having upgraded their HFS-3 system. Jason, why not try it out.
    I guess marketing is not their forte.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Points
    697.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Alright guys the kit came in. The packaging wasn't extravagant, but it got everything here securely and in one piece. I'm still working on getting the supporting pieces to get it integrated properly and safely with my tune. Pics or it didn't happen:

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    I also PM'd Syndicategt about the Aquamist kit.
    Click here to enlarge

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    111
    Rep Points
    87.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Hopefully he replies to your PM.

    Make sure to keep that tank at least 1/2 full to prevent the pick up from sucking air due to sloshing.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Points
    697.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    He did reply and seemed very satisfied with his setup

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Syndicategt
    My Aquamist is working great! I'm so glad I went with it, I ran a DO kit prior. It integrates fully with the Procede V4 with the progressive map switching and extra failsafes, it also worked fine with my JB3 but that tune doesn't have the map switching.
    He said he worked with Jeff at Howerton Engineering (howertonengineering.com) and that Jeff currently has some kits configured specifically for the N54 in stock.
    I'm pretty busy right now working on my post Army job hunt, but hopefully I'll get a chance this week to talk to Howerton and Snow about options for my setup.
    Last edited by SSDD; 01-25-2011 at 11:16 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •