Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Soo About This Meth Kit

I hadn't planned on purchasing a meth kit until the Spring sometime and as such I really haven't done as much research as I normally would before making the purchase.

This appears to be my starting point link. My goal is progressive water/meth spray integrated with my Proceed (similar to their

In terms of the nozzle it looks like the CM10 would suit my needs perfectly, however mounting it I'm not sure about. Do most people use the stock charge pipe and just mod it or purchase one of the aftermarket ones? I've never had a problem maintaining boost so replacing the stock one has been a ways down my list.

Failsafes- I think we can all agree they are of the utmost importance. Unless I am missing something the Proceed doesn't do it by itself so I need to buy one. The CM one I was looking at is the VC II ($240). If I go that route it looks like I would also need a flow sensor ($135). I really don't plan to mount anything in the cabin so I don't think I really need any kind of display. Would the Smart Injection Controller ($215) do the job instead? I guess the price difference is negligible so I would probably do the VC II, but I am curious as to the difference. There are also the Snow Performance pieces I saw. There is the SafeInjection ($160) which seems to have it's own flowsensor built in. The price seems right, but I'm not sure about integration with the Proceed.

This is and will be for the foreseeable future, be my daily driver so I'm not trying to push any performance boundaries. I am just looking for a reliable, clean, and safe meth system. Let me know your thoughts and if I missed anything.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    By the way, if you intend to order extra parts and such contact coolingmist and let them know you were the winner of the meth kit. That way you can make whatever changes to your order you want to make and it can all go out at once with everyone you want.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds good. I'll send a PM while I figure this all out.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    Sounds good. I'll send a PM while I figure this all out.
    Good idea, PM coolingmist here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you have good questions ssdd, for chargepipe, i do not recommend drilling/tapping your stock pipe. keep it for later use if you want to go back to stock, or decide to sell the car. instead get an aftermarket one. im sure you've done tons of research. the procede's meth integration is a failsafe in the sense of map switching. as long as it's getting the right signal from the flow sensor, the procede becomes the tool of the failsafe. for your last one, will the snow safe injection work for the procede, the answer is no, and the reason is because you need a 0-5v output. i have no clue on the coolingmist products, so if you've won this kit, yes you should contact coolingmist Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any kit should be fine provided the flow sensor has a 0-5v flow based output. I'm partial to the CM stuff personally but there are many options. Checkout the new CM tank/integrated controller! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the snow performance works with the Procede progressive meth. It will read differently but you just need to set the right value in the procede .
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Any kit should be fine provided the flow sensor has a 0-5v flow based output. I'm partial to the CM stuff personally but there are many options. Checkout the new CM tank/integrated controller! Click here to enlarge
    Heh I would love to use the new tank setup, but I think I'm set with the one in the drawing.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    the snow performance works with the Procede progressive meth. It will read differently but you just need to set the right value in the procede .
    I need some type of flow sensor though right?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also, do any of our vendors on here offer the Stett chargepipe?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Heh I would love to use the new tank setup, but I think I'm set with the one in the drawing.

I need some type of flow sensor though right?
    yes either the labonte or the snow performance Safe injection module. I have the labonte now but have a snow as well. The Snow sends a 0-1.3 V signal so the procede will read differently but doesnt matter. as long as you know what is your max flow value you set it slightly lower in the proceed for the progressive meth.
    I would personally go for the Snow performance since the labonte units have lots of problems lately...
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    yes either the labonte or the snow performance Safe injection module. I have the labonte now but have a snow as well. The Snow sends a 0-1.3 V signal so the procede will read differently but doesnt matter. as long as you know what is your max flow value you set it slightly lower in the proceed for the progressive meth.
    I would personally go for the Snow performance since the labonte units have lots of problems lately...
    Thanks Enrita. Hopefully I can get this figured out this weekend so I can get this thing rolling
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Another question: I understand the location of the meth nozzle is important, but I can't visualize where a meth elbow (BMS option) would go. Also, how does it compare to the charge pipe option?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just get a nice chargepipe with dual nozzle location. Its gonna give you more options in terms of flow without having to change nozzles. (referring to dual nozzle setup of stage 3 snow performance here)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the only way i would go dual nozzle is one pre intercooler, after the turbos, and one in the chargepipe, post intercooler. the one pre intercooler needs to be small, say a M3 (CM3 in your case) and then an M7 or M5 in the chargepipe depending on how much power you're looking for. by doing this you cool the charge a bit before the intercooler gets a chance, this brings up the thermal efficiency of the i/c no matter the brand. i plan to do this set-up once i get my new i/c.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also, do any of our vendors on here offer the Stett chargepipe?
    Do not know, ask BMS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    the only way i would go dual nozzle is one pre intercooler, after the turbos, and one in the chargepipe, post intercooler. the one pre intercooler needs to be small, say a M3 (CM3 in your case) and then an M7 or M5 in the chargepipe depending on how much power you're looking for. by doing this you cool the charge a bit before the intercooler gets a chance, this brings up the thermal efficiency of the i/c no matter the brand. i plan to do this set-up once i get my new i/c.
    Looking forward to your results! Any schedule for it? Did you manage to do any dynos comparing the pre and post turbo upgrade figures?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Looking forward to your results! Any schedule for it? Did you manage to do any dynos comparing the pre and post turbo upgrade figures?
    sorry for the thread jack, no not yet, im still working on a few things. the i/c isnt even done yet, so i have some time to get a pump-pump comparo. it would be smart to dyno at the same psi level as with stock turbos right? (16-17psi+meth)
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nozzle locations depend on the volumes OP wants to spray. Don't spray too much too close to the throttle body since too much meth in liquid form is not optimal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Nozzle locations depend on the volumes OP wants to spray. Don't spray too much too close to the throttle body since too much meth in liquid form is not optimal.
    In digging around more it looks like the consensus is to use the charge pipe and not the add on elbow for meth, so that's my plan. I'm not trying to break any records or blaze new trails. I'm looking at doing a single nozzle set up with a CM10. Right now I am running about 15lbs of boost and thinking 17-18'ish with the meth/water.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where are you guys buying your meth from?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rezin23 Click here to enlarge
    Where are you guys buying your meth from?
    Pick it up in this dudes basement:

Click here to enlarge

But it depends on where you are located.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thats awesome sticky, is it real? what is going on there, pre laundering lol?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    thats awesome sticky, is it real? what is going on there, pre laundering lol?
    Actually I decided to replace my mattress with hundred dollar bills, much better for your back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Alright I just got an answer back from the Vishnu guys on setting up my meth kit: 'not sure, search vishnu pnp meth kit install on e90post' ... sigh.

Does a CM10 sound right to everyone here? It looks like that's what most stage 3 people are running in a single nozzle config to me, but just checking.

I had totally forgot about the HPF charge pipe, but other than the issue of who knows when it will go on sale, is it me or are there no meth bungs?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Alright I just got an answer back from the Vishnu guys on setting up my meth kit: 'not sure, search vishnu pnp meth kit install on e90post' ... sigh.
    Helpful Click here to enlarge

Does a CM10 sound right to everyone here? It looks like that's what most stage 3 people are running in a single nozzle config to me, but just checking.
    Coolingmist is likely the best source to ask about this. I believe their kit is universal anyway, isn't it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast