Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    To be honest, a few new customers a month is about as much as I can handle. We are already a bit loaded on the schedule as this is the time the bigger projects and repairs start getting done (subframe upgrades, fabrication exhaust/downpipes etc, doing transmissions, clutches, timing belts), and they take sometime up to a day or more.
    Heh, you were saying it is harder and harder to find good customers yet you guys are very busy!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    The suspension threads are rediculous. How many threads can you make about 'help me choose what springs i should run' while I keep my non sport package shocks...LOL. All about the look.
    Well, a good staff will take care of this. They will merge threads, close threads, point users in the direction of where the info already is. I do this regularly and I am just one person, why can't their staff of dozens of mindless zombies do it?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Heh, you were saying it is harder and harder to find good customers yet you guys are very busy!

Well our shop isnt entirely consisted of my work alone. We have contracts with two large used car retailers and we service a lot of the cars that come in off lease, rental, trade ins etc. That pays the bulk of our bills. A bunch of the speciality installs also comes from the Subaru/Evo camp, and then there is my work.

I have been very lucky in that, even though I have a hard time getting good customers into the shop, when I do get them, they see the pride and the quality that goes into the work being done and they want to get a lot more done within the same week or two. Customers that come in for small things (an oil change, maybe a tire balance or changing a tire, intake or jb3 install) are on the decline, but big jobs are on the rise..and I prefer those over small jobs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The suspension threads are rediculous. How many threads can you make about 'help me choose what springs i should run' while I keep my non sport package shocks...LOL. All about the look.
    I particularly enjoy the 328i non sport owners wondering how to lower their cars and add turbos. Hmm, maybe buy a 335i with a sport package! One reason I love my car is I finally feel like I DON'T need to modify the stock sport suspension.

You could always start offering spring chopping services. The profit margins on an oxy acetylene rig would be great Click here to enlarge
    2009 335i: PROcede V4 with BMS DCI (still not sure how they get along!)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hellaflush
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Doug007 Click here to enlarge
    I particularly enjoy the 328i non sport owners wondering how to lower their cars and add turbos. Hmm, maybe buy a 335i with a sport package! One reason I love my car is I finally feel like I DON'T need to modify the stock sport suspension.

You could always start offering spring chopping services. The profit margins on an oxy acetylene rig would be great Click here to enlarge
    Hey man, that's Corpus style. Great for the "racing look". The things you can do with pressurized oxygen, acetylene and a lighter........

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tippmann A5?
    I used to play paintball a few years back, good $#@! man.
    2009.5 AW E90 335i ZMP - SOLD
    2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP - Space Grey/Fox Red Click here to enlarge

Want to Buy: 1977-89 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe (930)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have dealt with many performance shops and people in this business over many years. In almost all cases, I have to interpret their words through a bull$#@! filter before responding to anything said. With Matt, this is never the case. He is one of the stand-up guys in this industry and I can take him literally for everything he says. Bravo Matty!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I have dealt with many performance shops and people in this business over many years. In almost all cases, I have to interpret their words through a bull$#@! filter before responding to anything said. With Matt, this is never the case. He is one of the stand-up guys in this industry and I can take him literally for everything he says. Bravo Matty!
    Now if only everyone would think the same way Click here to enlarge

I wish I could get paid on being honest..but then again nice guys always finish last.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wish I could get paid on being honest..but then again nice guys always finish last.
    I know this is cliche and hardly helps in business but at the end of the day you have to live with yourself and if you make the right decision, even though it doesn't pay dividends, there is some reward in that.

Won't get you a 458 Italia, but hey...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who is or was Clap135i on e90post? He seems to be extra anti JB products.. And super into the COBB, somewhat gives credit to PROcede?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    Who is or was Clap135i on e90post? He seems to be extra anti JB products.. And super into the COBB, somewhat gives credit to PROcede?
    I believe that's Laloosh, but don't quote me
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think your right.... Great looking car btw!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is laloosh. He's sworn to bash our products every chance he gets repeatably. He knows a little about tuning but really isn't as smart or informed as he thinks he is. I think they had banned him on e90post under laloosh so he came back with the new name.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think your right.... Great looking car btw!!!
    Thanks, yours is looking clean as well
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123