Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yep, there WAS a dyno day planned, but some vendor got butt-hurt over something and the whole thing got called off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think that's the trick. Don't involve vendors. Just get a few guys with different tunes together.
    2009 335i: PROcede V4 with BMS DCI (still not sure how they get along!)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Doug007 Click here to enlarge
    I think that's the trick. Don't involve vendors. Just get a few guys with different tunes together.
    Ha then we run into the "I don't have enough time/money" issue.

I'd be down to travel to Austin for a dyno comparison.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Yes, but then you need to count on individuals to have all the products and be willing to test them on their cars.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I agree with Terry. Right now we have hit a bit of a ceiling with stock turboed cars on FBO. Just ways to make it safer and adding more features seems to be the ticket right now.

Timing advance under meth or race gas? Now THAT is something that I cant hate on.

There are just more cheapos by the day that sign up on there. I get sick of reading the posts..its like incoherent BS and stupid crap that people dont know how to search for. I guess this is the 'generation' Ive been hearing/seeing all about. Just gimme gimme right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    I agree with Terry. Right now we have hit a bit of a ceiling with stock turboed cars on FBO. Just ways to make it safer and adding more features seems to be the ticket right now.

Timing advance under meth or race gas? Now THAT is something that I cant hate on.

There are just more cheapos by the day that sign up on there. I get sick of reading the posts..its like incoherent BS and stupid crap that people dont know how to search for. I guess this is the 'generation' Ive been hearing/seeing all about. Just gimme gimme right now.
    Don't forget that now you can buy 07 335i's for under 20K. You're going to see a lot more of the badge whore kids around these days.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    Don't forget that now you can buy 07 335i's for under 20K. You're going to see a lot more of the badge whore kids around these days.

Yup...its getting harder and harder to get a good customer in the shop these days.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you thought that was annoying, check out this thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476863

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

If you thought that was annoying, check out this thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476863
    Hilarious Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

that is just rambling nonsense...people asking for knowledge they have no use of. $#@!in search for christs sake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

That place reeks of failed abortions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Maybe in cali its different. I met Longtran and crew and they were a bunch of good guys. It seems only the OG folk are the ones who have a level head....this new generation that showed up is just...well I dont have any words for it.

I feel bad knowing the supreme post whore on there (coldasicex5) who has 120k posts...of nothing useful. His car is beat to $#@! and he then goes and trys to lemon it to get his money back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    For some reason the quality of the threads has gone way way down. The damn thing is just filled with noobs asking how to change maps or offering idiotic theories of turbocharger operation.

I agree that the new generation does not get it. The sense of entitlement to free 24/7 service, free parts, and even thinking they know everything there is to know about forced induction after reading a forum for a few weeks can get infuriating!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'm 20 years old, 21 March 1st. Am I new gen? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

That $#@! really annoys the $#@! out of me. It extends much further than with cars. They want jobs handed to them...and high paying ones at that and when that doesn't happen (and clearly it won't) they just talk $#@! about the people who work hard for what they have (the same things the new generation wants).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    I'm 20 years old, 21 March 1st. Am I new gen? Click here to enlarge
    Yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I hate how everyone sucks Shivs dic* over there, but I still post there because its the most active site. :thumbsdown:
    And if you are young they try to shun you, even though they all act like they are teenagers.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL. Just saw the tags for this thread: annoying, bimmerpost, dumb, idiots, retards

That about sums it up!

I'm generally more inclined to help whoever is asking questions but this crap is out of hand. I mean how are there threads asking if a tune is a good performance mod on a 335i?????

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

LOL. Just saw the tags for this thread: annoying, bimmerpost, dumb, idiots, retards

That about sums it up!

I'm generally more inclined to help whoever is asking questions but this crap is out of hand. I mean how are there threads asking if a tune is a good performance mod on a 335i?????
    Just start trolling.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

These cars are getting less expensive (a 2007 can be had for 20k or less) and you have a whole new "generation" of owners coming in to the scene now. So get used to seeing a lot of similar noob posts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    These cars are getting less expensive (a 2007 can be had for 20k or less) and you have a whole new "generation" of owners coming in to the scene now. So get used to seeing a lot of similar noob posts.
    No. I'm dumping my car. I refuse to deal with noooooobs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gbreee90 Click here to enlarge
    I hate how everyone sucks Shivs dic* over there, but I still post there because its the most active site. :thumbsdown:
    And if you are young they try to shun you, even though they all act like they are teenagers.
    You are part of the problem. No offense, but posting over there because it is the most active is perpetuating the problem. Help build us up even though it is more difficult. Tell the guys who know their $#@! about bimmerboost and leave the kids there. Slowly but surely we get the members who matter and they keep the junk.

We don't have the same level of activity (yet) but we have better quality per thread/post. That matters as well...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You are part of the problem. No offense, but posting over there because it is the most active is perpetuating the problem. Help build us up even though it is more difficult. Tell the guys who know their $#@! about bimmerboost and leave the kids there. Slowly but surely we get the members who matter and they keep the junk.

We don't have the same level of activity (yet) but we have better quality per thread/post. That matters as well...
    + $#@!ing 1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

This is true. But n00bs (well some of them) pay my bills every month. There are always one or two new guys every month that are looking to do it right the first time around (out of the 20 or so that contact me and then decide not to do any work because they tell me my prices are too high and they can get it for cheaper elsewhere).

To be honest, a few new customers a month is about as much as I can handle. We are already a bit loaded on the schedule as this is the time the bigger projects and repairs start getting done (subframe upgrades, fabrication exhaust/downpipes etc, doing transmissions, clutches, timing belts), and they take sometime up to a day or more.

The suspension threads are rediculous. How many threads can you make about 'help me choose what springs i should run' while I keep my non sport package shocks...LOL. All about the look.

As what happens in life, something gets too big it will end up being its own downfall.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast