Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

^ heard from where?

They do custom tunes but predominantly off the shelf tunes as I said. They have good products but their marketing has been... well, you can read about it on your own.

Vik isn't going to jump on you... despite some erroneous claims earlier he is just passionate about the topic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I read about it on a thread on either on M3F or E46F.

No, I'm kidding about Vik and I know he not only knows his stuff, but he's also "passionate" about it - he's blazed a trail (yeah, a pun - LOL).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seriously guys, I really think it's enough. There is no point in arguing and debating with these guys, it will not go anywhere, they will not change their minds. I think we have put our side of the story out there for people to understand the truth's about M3F and it's mods, including their cohorts.

M3F has banned enough people by now, that is has now come to a point where THEY are the ones losing out, NOT us. Just take a peek over there, it's like a bone yard with not much activity at all in the FI section.

If you guys hate that place as much as I do, it's time to throw them in the past, move on, and create something much better over here. After all, wouldn't that be the best way to get back at them?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GJGM3 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I heard of BB and decided to check it out. Pleased to see familiar persons here.

With respect to ESS, it does quite a bit in terms of fully custom tunes actually, I know - I'm in line for one as soon as I'm ready to compliment a larger ASA blower. There are also plenty of people with the CFR who have received custom or "tweaked" tunes as have the former folks who ran the older VT setup. But obviously they're in the business of selling and servicing supercharged applications as their primary business, thus I suppose the canned comment isn't far off the mark, although it's not exclusively so.

I know my car's tune is exceptional and for 6.5 psi has arguably an impressive output of SAE 420 WHP/316 WTQ, on 100% stock exhaust, never any idle surges, issues, etc. The tuning is remarkable here because I don't recall AA achieving the same with the ASA TM1-20, although maybe they did. I only reference one application they did for the One-Lap of America a few years ago, although there too I don't know if they were able to improve from that initial mark. I'm sure if Vik reads this his going to jump on me - HAHA.
    Glad you are aboard, this place is definitely growing and we hope it will be full of fun and great information.

As far as M3F and caring, well it sucks to see a good forum go down like this. Obviously we are going to talk about it. Many members have now been banned because of personal vendetta's. This is unacceptable behavior for a forum and a shame for our community to experience.

Anyways, im not going to jump on you lol. Arguing about cars/kits/tunes is one thing and arguing personally is completely different.

I would love to see ESS cars around me and hear more about them. Until this day we hear about ESS being great but there is nothing around here. As for me, from my experience AA tunes their cars very conservatively and reliably. Ive never had problems with my previous supercharger kit (except for slipping belt which was later fixed with a 8 rib setup). Some people dont agree but i love the rotrex units, and now i hear the HKS is very similiar but better. I made 533whp on 100oct a very long time ago with that kit. Of course i also added nitrous and made over 600whp at 1 point, just goes to show how great their tuning was. This was years ago, ESS is very late, i dont know why but they are, unlike their E9x kits.

I know AA was going to use ASA but heard they changed their minds due to pricing. I heard ESS went from vortech to ASA then back to Vortech as well. The ASA blower is definitely a great unit, no arguments there. Just keep in mind my car with the rotrex 81 trim made 533whp on 9.5psi with slipping belt back then. That was a big feat and until this day i think its quite impressive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Seriously guys, I really think it's enough. There is no point in arguing and debating with these guys, it will not go anywhere, they will not change their minds. I think we have put our side of the story out there for people to understand the truth's about M3F and it's mods, including their cohorts.

M3F has banned enough people by now, that is has now come to a point where THEY are the ones losing out, NOT us. Just take a peek over there, it's like a bone yard with not much activity at all in the FI section.

If you guys hate that place as much as I do, it's time to throw them in the past, move on, and create something much better over here. After all, wouldn't that be the best way to get back at them?
    I actually agree. Although im not over this Alex thing (he has not replied to my apology PM) and will continue to voice my opinion about some issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge

Logical and well said. Just remember, they are the ones who felt threatened and came here. They are also attempting to censor this site, good luck with that, we don't censor links.

Another thing, I didn't want this info to be hidden, this is being moved back to general.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    I actually agree. Although im not over this Alex thing (he has not replied to my apology PM) and will continue to voice my opinion about some issues.
    He should have apologized to you, not the other way around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

LOL, Beowoulf had the page of him telling everyone to GTFO and STFU that Google cached deleted. Nice, ooops though, guess he didn't count on me saving it to my hard drive Click here to enlarge

Oh, and he forgot Yahoo caches as well: http://74.6.146.127/search/cache?ei=...JnJ9n9m30zYA--

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    LOL, Beowoulf had the page of him telling everyone to GTFO and STFU that Google cached deleted. Nice, ooops though, guess he didn't count on me saving it to my hard drive Click here to enlarge

Oh, and he forgot Yahoo caches as well: http://74.6.146.127/search/cache?ei=...JnJ9n9m30zYA--
    Haha...good catch. It is amazing that a moderator would think a thread like that was acceptable. It really tells you everything you need to know about the guy. Agree with everything Mike said up above.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Haha...good catch. It is amazing that a moderator would think a thread like that was acceptable. It really tells you everything you need to know about the guy. Agree with everything Mike said up above.
    Agreed, so has this run it's course now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think so, nothing more can come out of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can understand the questions about ESS' supercharging and proving one thing or another, fact is aside from the TS++ series until '08 and '09 there just hasn't been a lot out there in the US for the E46 M3, but such is not the same in Europe - so they're not late at all.

My German isn't too good and I have to rely on my wife sometimes (which she doesn't like - car stuff or forums that is) to help with the translation (she's Norwegian/German), but there's plenty outside the US representing - they just have their own forums and reality. Two come to mind where one can find them - there's M-Forum.DE (Germany) and there's MForum.PL (Poland). I'm actually registered on those sites and a few others with my international friends. A good amount of my research was done on those sites and believe me, they're out there - you just don't know of them.

There are actually quite a few in Poland (I have to rely on Google Translation for that one - MForum-PL) and of course Norway and Sweden. Suffice to say when I pulled the trigger I did my homework first, it's not about this though.

In any case, they've done quite a bit with not only custom tunes, but putting down some serious power (not turbo though) on customer cars. Of course there are 2 examples that come to mind with one being Marcin's (MaRos) CFR and another Pawel with a built CFR close to the 700HP version, and the other some came to learn about (albeit briefly) on E46F. These are not the off-the-shelf kits but available if one wants to pay for them. MaRos' car is so far the fastest s/c M3 from the 60-130 mark. I'm not sure about Pawel's, and I guess Jaydee's never timed his.

My point is given we're in the US, and the world and indeed the "enthusiast world" (and their market) is much bigger (Europe was first) than our reality, the skepticism is not unwarranted because most in the US are just not familiar with it. With all due respect, it's called just not being well-informed, but it's understandable given our own reality here in the US. But I am probably more informed than the average person given my homework as far as what's out there - not so informed or knowledgeable about the technical like a good number of you (I do enjoy learning).

I also knew about ESS discontinuing the ASA blower before they announced it. I also have the next level blower (custom TM-21) in waiting that'll allow me to run up to the 700 HP level, or maintain the existing boost. I don't know that I want that kind of power on my 'vert, and if I do I ponder whether I'd be better off with a Stg. II turbo given the bolt-on aspect versus the *built* aspect of getting there.

The reason for ESS exiting the ASA involved pricing and limitations of the TM1-20 to pretty much the 550HP level. Going back to the Vortech just made more sense from the pricing perspective and being able to come in at an entry level of 440 HP and take it all the way up to over 700HP (738 to be exact using their latest prototype in R&D). But what they learned from the ASA setup (CFR) they're now applying to the former VT setup (air-to-water v. air-to-air cooling).

There are some TM-21 blowers that are well over the output (especially torque) what I've seen from the Rotrex 81 trim, but I take nothing away from your prior S/C setup; the ASA TM-20 isn't going to be efficient beyond the tuned 7.5 psi with 470 WHP/370 WTQ - it is what it is - not so with the TM-21, and if not cost-prohibitive the TM-24 would be down right BEASTLY.

The other complicating factor and reason for a new direction was the requirement by ASA to buy in large volume their blowers. They were competing with Alpina, Lorinser, G-Power, RUF to name just a few, and the cost difference was substantial. The blower upgrade (plus trade-in of my TM1-20) alone on mine would get me close to a new entry-level VT2 setup, complete.

Aside from this I thought it would be cool to separate myself from the pack and be different and I couldn't be happier.

I have given thought about the turbo and had even discussed it personally with Chris and David (made an offer that was very hard for me to refuse on a 2.5) on several occasions in 2009. Unfortunately, being in the midst of a change-up with business and relocation as well as restricted from tapping into what's otherwise allocated to my daughter's college tuition I abandoned that. When my last 2011/2012 payment is completed it'll be time for me to play with something more of an exotic breed. In the interim I hope to make some more power and perhaps in a responsible way put down some numbers to see what it'll do. I doubt it'll ever see 9.5 psi though (more like 8 - 9).

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Glad you are aboard, this place is definitely growing and we hope it will be full of fun and great information.

As far as M3F and caring, well it sucks to see a good forum go down like this. Obviously we are going to talk about it. Many members have now been banned because of personal vendetta's. This is unacceptable behavior for a forum and a shame for our community to experience.

Anyways, im not going to jump on you lol. Arguing about cars/kits/tunes is one thing and arguing personally is completely different.

I would love to see ESS cars around me and hear more about them. Until this day we hear about ESS being great but there is nothing around here. As for me, from my experience AA tunes their cars very conservatively and reliably. Ive never had problems with my previous supercharger kit (except for slipping belt which was later fixed with a 8 rib setup). Some people dont agree but i love the rotrex units, and now i hear the HKS is very similiar but better. I made 533whp on 100oct a very long time ago with that kit. Of course i also added nitrous and made over 600whp at 1 point, just goes to show how great their tuning was. This was years ago, ESS is very late, i dont know why but they are, unlike their E9x kits.

I know AA was going to use ASA but heard they changed their minds due to pricing. I heard ESS went from vortech to ASA then back to Vortech as well. The ASA blower is definitely a great unit, no arguments there. Just keep in mind my car with the rotrex 81 trim made 533whp on 9.5psi with slipping belt back then. That was a big feat and until this day i think its quite impressive.
    Last edited by GJGM3; 03-06-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agreed, so has this run it's course now?
    Alex has responded to my PM now with more threats about his high power friends. It doesnt make sense, his age, business and demeanor definitely do not match his internet personality. The way he posts on M3F with his buddies, the constant personal attacks on others, posting personal pictures of Mike, banning me for personal reasons, etc.. I again, responded to him rationally, maturely and with an attempt to correct this whole situation. It is very easy for him to fix all this, he started it and he can end it pretty quickly. I know he wont do it but im giving him the benefit of the doubt once more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

probably not who he says he is.....just some punk 20 something on a power trip. I cant imagine him running a successful dental practice given his "customer relations skills" in dealing with others on the forums.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    probably not who he says he is.....just some punk 20 something on a power trip. I cant imagine him running a successful dental practice given his "customer relations skills" in dealing with others on the forums.
    We know who he is. Definitely a dentist from Vista CA. He's also 40+ not in his 20's although he does act less mature then I.
    Last edited by TaZaM3; 03-06-2010 at 05:53 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wow, he certainly does not act 40 +

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are absolutely right, but I understand their position a bit.

We have transformed a bit in car tuning. Where do you get the majority of your information from these days? Well, for me, it is forums.

I would have never even known about HPF or any tuning options really if it was not for using the forums and searching and reading. If a particular source decides to blatantly support one over the other (just generically speaking) it CAN hurt. Big time... especially for the more casual person who isn't as hardcore reading every forum they can get their hands on.

I think some of us here are underestimating the power of these forums. Sure, now, it is easy to say oh HPF has a proven product yadda yadda yadda they don't need to do this. What about when they were trying to get the ball rolling and M3forum stood in their path? They achieved DESPITE m3forum, not thanks to it, that is for sure.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. HPF got a bad shake at M3forum. I'm just now realizing what's going on behind the scenes. I've been a member on m3forum for quite awhile and have always looked their for reliable information on my car. Scary to finally realize that folks have such hidden agendas. Maybe I've just been naive. It kinda skews the data when you're trying to find out what's best for this, that, the other and folks are pushing certain products for personal gain.

I noticed all the bannings and deleted HPF threads. Luckily I read most of the other forums, too, or I may not have given HPF a thought. I actually bought/installed a VF2 kit, which is great, but I want more. HPF Stg 2.5, here I come.

Wonder if I'll be banned from their now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I was one of the people turned off from hpf because of people on m3forum. I was new then and believed some of the guys over there. I should slap myself. I ended up getting a AA kit which I loved along with there service but if it wasn't for m3forum I wouldve purchased hpf first. I'm guilty of being a hpf hater at first but that was all due to bad info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    I was one of the people turned off from hpf because of people on m3forum. I was new then and believed some of the guys over there. I should slap myself. I ended up getting a AA kit which I loved along with there service but if it wasn't for m3forum I wouldve purchased hpf first. I'm guilty of being a hpf hater at first but that was all due to bad info.
    It isn't your fault. These forums are powerful tools and that is why HPF decided to make a stand.

If M3forum did not do anything wrong then they would not have kicked out their admin (Beo) and made the changes they have recently.

What were your reasons for being an HPF hater?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

There weren't really much reasons. Some of hpfs top hater are in my area. They just used to say hpf cars are ticking time bomb and some stuff about hpf being a shady business something about they changed there name. A bunch of damn rumors and bs. I was new then a naive. So I believed what some sad. That all changed when I talked to guys at hpf.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Now I get accused of being a fanboy because I always reccommend hpf for all products not just the turbo kit. I really have never seen such great service before them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Now I get accused of being a fanboy because I always reccommend hpf for all products not just the turbo kit. I really have never seen such great service before them.
    I don't really see how the HPF hate can even continue after so much has been proven.

Who calls you a fanboy?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I agree. This was awhile ago. There still is much hate but not like it was in begininng. Nobody here has called me fanboy. M3forum sometime ago. I was posting that a forum member should contact hpf non turbo related. That hpf has what he was looking for and great service. Sometime later I got a PM saying well if you spent 20k plus at my shop I'd be nice to you to. Lol. I even had people say before there m3 turbo kit they had terrible service. You'd be surprised some bs I've heard from people.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456