Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

HPF attempting to legally go after M3forum?

Just thought this was interesting considering what has been going on around here lately: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745012

Seems HPF is attempting to gather the people that they believe M3forum discouraged from buying an HPF turbo kit. Legally, this route is actionable providing there is clear evidence and enough people.

If there is, which... well, I don't know yet, HPF will bring a lawsuit against M3forum which will more than likely result in a settlement that will leave M3forum in HPF's hands. That is just my prediction if HPF can pull this off, but they will certainly need a good amount of people who would be willing to go to bat with them.

Seems things are spiraling faster and faster...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

YES!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

M3F deserves it IMO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    M3F deserves it IMO
    i agree with that as most would guess, but Im not sure about how this will unfold. It must have worried them a little though, they have heavily "cleaned" the FI section to one short page of the most recent threads.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    i agree with that as most would guess, but Im not sure about how this will unfold. It must have worried them a little though, they have heavily "cleaned" the FI section to one short page of the most recent threads.
    I noticed that as well... the thread about BeoWoulf giving everyone who doesn't like M3forum the finger is gone as well.

I wonder if he has seen this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I saw it this morning, I literally face-palmed. I think its a big PR mistake on Chris/HPF's part and this constant bickering really detracts from the esteem of an otherwise top-shelf kit...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spdu4ea Click here to enlarge
    When I saw it this morning, I literally face-palmed. I think its a big PR mistake on Chris/HPF's part and this constant bickering really detracts from the esteem of an otherwise top-shelf kit...
    True... but it also has the potential to have a huge payoff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Honestly i dont see this as a huge PR mistake. What is this going to do to his sales of kits? The guys on M3F have done damage then anything, changing things around there can only help him. I for one give him a big thumbs up for this. M3F was a cool place before but its a plain joke now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Honestly i dont see this as a huge PR mistake. What is this going to do to his sales of kits? The guys on M3F have done damage then anything, changing things around there can only help him. I for one give him a big thumbs up for this. M3F was a cool place before but its a plain joke now.
    The kit speaks for itself regardless, HPF is attempting to recoup losses in the only manner they can.

It may be seen as overly aggressive or not necessary to some, but that does not change the fact the HPF kit performs and they are currently overbooked with people wanting it. This will not affect desire for the turbo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Go for the gold.......HPF

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is one of the reasons you are a big fan of mine, you are unbias and pragmatic. I think it's a mistake too, Chris' product speaks for itself, ENOUGH already.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    This is one of the reasons you are a big fan of mine, you are unbias and pragmatic. I think it's a mistake too, Chris' product speaks for itself, ENOUGH already.
    You are too nice of a guy Drew Click here to enlarge

Sometimes you have to get dirty to get things done. I can tell you, what he is attempting can be accomplished.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    This is one of the reasons you are a big fan of mine, you are unbias and pragmatic.
    Thanks Drew, I appreciate your insight and experiences too.

BTW I tried to send you a PM but it says you've turned them off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

? I just sent him one. Try again maybe...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should be good now!
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    Yep, they even deleted my VF thread

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The kit speaks for itself regardless, HPF is attempting to recoup losses in the only manner they can.

It may be seen as overly aggressive or not necessary to some, but that does not change the fact the HPF kit performs and they are currently overbooked with people wanting it. This will not affect desire for the turbo.
    I honestly don't think Chris is doing this for a financial gain whatsoever. I think it has more to do with reputation and ego's, making M3F pay and the very slight possibility of HPF being a sponsor there is just icing on the cake. I must say, if I was in Chris' shoes, I would have probably done this a while ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I honestly don't know that this is all about money but more about redemption, and in my eyes the way that m3f is cleaning threads and deleting posts, it is already somewhat of a victory for Chris. It has to be fun to see them sweating. Me personally, I wouldn't do what Chris is doing. His company is backed up with work right now, their customer service is just ridiculous, the product is phenomenal, and M3f is already a mess, but we also have to remember that most owners of these companys have big-time egos, and you don't mess with that ego.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    I honestly don't know that this is all about money but more about redemption, and in my eyes the way that m3f is cleaning threads and deleting posts, it is already somewhat of a victory for Chris. It has to be fun to see them sweating. Me personally, I wouldn't do what Chris is doing. His company is backed up with work right now, their customer service is just ridiculous, the product is phenomenal, and M3f is already a mess, but we also have to remember that most owners of these companys have big-time egos, and you don't mess with that ego.
    I searched today and found 134 HPF associated threads and 13 closed/locked, because all of the HPF drama.
    So, the threads are still there for you to read.
    The only 2 threads I know of being deleted, is Beowolf's post and the one post taunting about a possible legal action against the M3F owner/Adm/Mods by someone, that signed up just for that.
    And neither had anything to do with the issue, that HPF is trying to persue.
    So, to me Chris hasn't won anything and I don't think he will either.
    I know there is a lot of you, that would like for this to happen, but chances are it will end up nowhere legally.
    This is my opinion, like you had yours.
    I hope this doesn't turn into a personal attack now, because a different point of view.
    Thanks

*I'm not a lawyer, but my dad is.
    Last edited by Red Baron; 03-02-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: add info

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Red Baron Click here to enlarge
    I searched today and found 134 HPF associated threads and 13 closed/locked, because all of the HPF drama.
    The only 2 threads I know of being deleted, is Beowolf's post and the one post taunting about a possible legal action against the M3F owner/Adm/Mods by someone, that signed up just for that.
    I know there is a lot of you, that would like for this to happen, but chances are it will end up nowhere legally.
    I hope this doesn't turn into a personal attack now, because a different point of view.
    Thanks

Why would it turn into an attack? Why would you even expect that here? You are too used to the other places Click here to enlarge

Your perspective is welcome.

As it was mentioned, this is extremely difficult to pull off. High risk/high reward.

Chris claims a lot of evidence and posts... if you did a search now and the posts and threads are already gone... well then, you won't see them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks

lol funny to see you on here. Weren't you attacking this board on M3F and now you're here? Your posts are some of the most biased and pointless stuff ive ever seen. Along with Bug's..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    lol funny to see you on here. Weren't you attacking this board on M3F and now you're here? Your posts are some of the most biased and pointless stuff ive ever seen. Along with Bug's..
    Attacking this board how? Over what?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Attacking this board how? Over what?
    Well I cant really do much searching there b/c im banned but he mentioned BB a few times. I believe one of the threads was deleted. But the other he was arguing with Mspired telling him to go back to BB etc..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let me correct you Taza, since you can not read in the M3F.
    (and the post is still there for anyone to read, two post same thread, not a few as you say)
    It is was not an attack to this forum, this is what I posted:
    "Bug, aparently they can't stay away too long, even after their new formed forum BB"
    "You can go to other forums (BB) and bash the M3 Forum/adm/mods, but still want to come back here and post"
    This was in reference to someone wanting to have his cake and eat it to.
    This doesn't sit well with Taza of course, so I see why his ill temperament toward anyone that can post or read on any board.
    Last edited by Red Baron; 03-02-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: correction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let me correct you Taza, since you can not read in the M3F.
    (and the post is still there for anyone to read, two post same thread, not a few as you say)
    It is was not an attack to this forum, this is what I posted:
    "Bug, aparently they can't stay away too long, even after their new formed forum BB"
    "You can go to other forums (BB) and bash the M3 Forum/adm/mods, but still want to come back here and post"
    This was in reference to someone wanting to have his cake and eat it to.
    This doesn't sit well with Taza of course, so I see why his ill temperament toward anyone that can post or read on any board.

Thanks for finding it and posting this. Is the thread started by Beowoulf linking this forum still up?
    In post above where you are addressing your partner in agenda filled, pointless comments, whos they?You know very well what you meant by that. "Their new formed forum BB." If i posted like you do here I would be banned by now. Why shouldn't you be banned?

Why does Bug not got banned when he calls people kids and trolls but i get banned for calling him a troll?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Taza, reading is fundamental, go to my first post here for your first answer.
    Second, I thought you and some others had formed the BB forum.
    I was wrong, my bad, but never the less, what I said is not an attack to BBF.
    If it is, then let the owner/mod repremand or ban me.
    I have no issues with that.
    Third, I'm not a Mod in the M3F, so I can't answer for them why you get banned and not others.
    You need to ask them, if they let you back in.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast