Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, that definitely explains it but why was this not disclosed from the beginning?

Why even make the change when you have established a baseline? So you change gearing and then say this is the result with a bit more boost? It essentially makes the comparison far less valid.

I don't understand why that was done and not disclosed until now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You know what, Sammy said it better than I ever could:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammyrusso
    isnt that kind of manipulative (not saying you were trying to be) to not put that you dyno'd in different gears...after a couple people wrote "seems wierd that it gained 40whp from .5psi"

You usually so particular in all your write ups...and not someone i would take to do that...usually so straight forward with all you data

or tell me if i missed something
    Wondering where this will go now... but, I must say, the guys questioning the results were right to do so. Nice work, namely spud4ea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    he had a legit answer, he left the files up for anyone to download
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammyrusso Click here to enlarge
    he had a legit answer, he left the files up for anyone to download
    I guess that is a legit safety net... Click here to enlarge

My feeling is the higher gear was picked and more boost was added as he wanted to show better results.

Only 559 whp with a 4.6 after ESS has been going around showing 600+ with a stock motor?

Yes, it was figured out, but not mentioned until spud4ea did it. PG knew it from the beginning, leaving it out when including all that other info is... odd? The gear dyno'd in is pretty freaking important information to leave out especially when the two graphs you are comparing were each done in different gears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here Sticky I have now moved it back to this thread.

You asked why the dyno's have different power curves. I would assume someone with a custom built 700 hp supercharged M3 would understand the difference between a 4.6 L motor and a 4.0 motor and how the power curve changes when the motors displacement or exhaust system is changed. If you understood that cars with different displacements, boost levels and exhaust systems have different power curves you would not ask an amature question like "why are these power curves not exactly the same ?" It is obvious that your lack of knowledge about motors and tuning is what has lead you to believe ESS manipulates dyno charts. If you look closely at the dynos you are asking about even the stock tq curves from one dyno to the next are different. You should call BMW and ask them why they are manipulating dyno's. If you would take the time to consider they are different becuase the GS race car ran a custom built exhaust system and different boost after they got if from ESS you would be a little smarter than you are now. Lets see your current dyno with your custom exhaust system and compare it to other Gintani dyno's shall we ?

It has been explained time and time again and at first I thought you were just being a smart ass but now I see that you really do not understand how motors work. You do not seem to have any knowledge of cars except how much your parents need to give you to buy what you want. When you can post up some dyno's of your car and explain why they are superior and show that they are exactly the same as the other Gintani cars dyno's that have been posted you can talk smack. Until then you just come off as a dumb kid who has no idea what hes looking at so he calls BS.

ESS has made it very clear that the stock car and the GS car are the same car and the dyno's were taken with different configurations.

I will post it again if you missed the bold print above Sticky THE DYNO'S YOU POSTED HAVE A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT POWER CURVE DUE TO THE EXHAUST SYSTEMS ON THE TWO CARS BEING DIFFERENT. ONE CAR HAD A STOCK EXHAUST AND THE OTHER HAD A FULL CUSTOM BUILT CATLESS AND THEY ALSO RUN DIFFERENT LEVELS OF BOOST.

You also continue to not understand why Robert's car makes 560 whp on a built motor and ESS has shown 600 whp on a stock motor. You see Sticky when you run 6 psi of boost on 91 octane VS 9 psi of boost on 93+ octane the results will be different even if the displacement is .6 higher on the 6 psi motor. There are several really good books you can purchase to explain how all this stuff works. If you are going to own and operate a website called "Bimmerboost" you should do your homework on how the boost part works.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Here Sticky I have now moved it back to this thread.

You asked why the dyno's have different power curves. I would assume someone with a custom built 700 hp supercharged M3 would understand the difference between a 4.6 L motor and a 4.0 motor and how the power curve changes when the motors displacement or exhaust system is changed. If you understood that cars with different displacements, boost levels and exhaust systems have different power curves you would not ask an amature question like "why are these power curves not exactly the same ?" It is obvious that your lack of knowledge about motors and tuning is what has lead you to believe ESS manipulates dyno charts. If you look closely at the dynos you are asking about even the stock tq curves from one dyno to the next are different. You should call BMW and ask them why they are manipulating dyno's. If you would take the time to consider they are different becuase the GS race car ran a custom built exhaust system and different boost after they got if from ESS you would be a little smarter than you are now. Lets see your current dyno with your custom exhaust system and compare it to other Gintani dyno's shall we ?

It has been explained time and time again and at first I thought you were just being a smart ass but now I see that you really do not understand how motors work. You do not seem to have any knowledge of cars except how much your parents need to give you to buy what you want. When you can post up some dyno's of your car and explain why they are superior and show that they are exactly the same as the other Gintani cars dyno's that have been posted you can talk smack. Until then you just come off as a dumb kid who has no idea what hes looking at so he calls BS.

ESS has made it very clear that the stock car and the GS car are the same car and the dyno's were taken with different configurations.

I will post it again if you missed the bold print above Sticky THE DYNO'S YOU POSTED HAVE A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT POWER CURVE DUE TO THE EXHAUST SYSTEMS ON THE TWO CARS BEING DIFFERENT. ONE CAR HAD A STOCK EXHAUST AND THE OTHER HAD A FULL CUSTOM BUILT CATLESS AND THEY ALSO RUN DIFFERENT LEVELS OF BOOST.

You also continue to not understand why Robert's car makes 560 whp on a built motor and ESS has shown 600 whp on a stock motor. You see Sticky when you run 6 psi of boost on 91 octane VS 9 psi of boost on 93+ octane the results will be different even if the displacement is .6 higher on the 6 psi motor. There are several really good books you can purchase to explain how all this stuff works. If you are going to own and operate a website called "Bimmerboost" you should do your homework on how the boost part works.
    No need to get worked up now Click here to enlarge I like that ESS is reading the thread though and legitimizing my position, thank you. I didn't realize how wide my reach was getting.

Sir, I believe I mentioned the difference in the torque curves regarding 4.6 vs. 4.0 here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ull=1#post8269

Post number 14, here, I'll quote it for you since you did not read the thread:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    The torque drop off on the stroker will be slightly earlier, but it still occurs in the stock car. The torque curve NEVER looks like the straight line ESS has, 4.0 or 4.6 when it is an independent dyno. Also, ESS posted this graph in the beginning claiming 600 wheel through the stock exhaust on pump gas:
    I assumed you read the thread before you posted.

Now, you claim that the ESS curves look the way they do because it is now a 4.6 liter? Nice try ESS, nice try Click here to enlarge Commendable, but what a predictable move.

Here is a stock 4.0 liter SC graph:

Click here to enlarge

How do you explain the torque curve on this motor looking similar to the stroker? The cams are affecting the dropoff at peak, the displacement on the 4.6 simply has shifted that same peak dropoff to the left. How do you explain it? Lack of knowledge? Lets see yours pull you out of this one.

Secondly, you are lying about the GS race car running the exhaust system AFTER they got it from ESS. As you can see here, they custom made the exhaust AFTER they got the ESS Blower:

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...c3fd15986a75a&

Work on the exhaust system was completed in February of '09 after the dyno graphs were posted in December of '08 with the supercharger. Whoops.... seems like you should know your own info instead of attacking me.

Once again, ESS claimed 600 wheel through the stock exhaust, as shown here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...455&highlight=

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Asbjorn@ESS
    Tests were performed on a 100% stock car on pump fuel only. The kit is 100% bolt-on.
    How do you explain that? You are now claiming the 600 whp was with an exhaust when ESS posted it was 100% stock. Which is it already?

I don't understand how motors work? Only too well, which is how I know the torque curve is not a straight line and you are not hitting 600 whp on 93 octane through the stock exhaust, IMPOSSIBLE. I can see right now that I have gotten ESS's attention and you are attempting spin. So, I find it sad. Don't come and insult me personally, lets see you explain how ESS hit 600 whp through the stock exhaust in December of '08 on 93 octane with 8 psi when the people in Norway said themselves 560 whp was the final figure they hit with 8 psi and they did not post that 600 whp graph that appeared on US boards in December '08. Why would they leave out their own graph, huh?

How did ESS post a 600 whp dyno with a built exhaust BEFORE the car had the exhaust built?

No kidding different boost results in different results, this is BimmerBoost, not statetheobvious.com. Now stick to the facts, and do your homework before I bury you with your own info. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Post up your dyno Sticky.

Why would ESS care if you believe they made 600 whp with a stock car ? They dont sell it as an option to customers so why would they lie ? You have yet to show anything other than other Gintani customers dynos. When you are ready to man up and stop shifting focus from your car to others post up your info. Until then like I said before its just lip service my friend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Why would ESS care if you believe they made 600 whp with a stock car ? They dont sell it as an option to customers so why would they lie ? You have yet to show anything other than other Gintani customers dynos. When you are ready to man up and stop shifting focus from your car to others post up your info. Until then like I said before its just lip service my friend.
    Excuse me? I'm sorry, no diverting of the topic. I thought you were just calling me an amateur? I thought you just said I did not know what I was talking about? I thought you just said I needed to do my research?

Post up my dyno? That is your response to all of that?

Son, I just took you to school. Don't come playing on BimmerBoost again until you understand how motors work and you are prepared to deal with the facts. Now go crawl back wounded to a forum where ESS controls the moderation and can have posts like the one I just made disappear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I admit you are the king of your trash pile.

Have fun with it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I admit you are the king of your trash pile.
    One man's trash, is another man's treasure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is ridiculous. really ridiculous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

I dont have a dog in this fight but being a layman watching this from the sidelines I have to ask this:

He doesnt really have to post his sheets does he? His trap speed says it all. What would you rather have; tangible real world trap speeds or easily manipulated dyno sheets? (not saying anyone has done this but really- who is anyone fooling with all the paper racing).

Ill take the slow ass paper car that is faster on the track... its like the big dick that cant get hard- so the question is asked is it really big?

I witness this all day everyday at MBWorld- the paper racers posting their sheets. Hell I thought my m3 was fast but then I realized it was just dyno sheet fast LOL.
    2009 BMW E92 M3
    2009 Nissan GT-R
    2009 Lexus IS-F
    2007 Porsche 997TT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vic55 Click here to enlarge
    I dont have a dog in this fight but being a layman watching this from the sidelines I have to ask this:

He doesn't really have to post his sheets does he? His trap speed says it all. What would you rather have; tangible real world trap speeds or easily manipulated dyno sheets? (not saying anyone has done this but really- who is anyone fooling with all the paper racing).

Ill take the slow ass paper car that is faster on the track... its like the big dick that cant get hard- so the question is asked is it really big?

I witness this all day everyday at MBWorld- the paper racers posting their sheets. Hell I thought my m3 was fast but then I realized it was just dyno sheet fast LOL.
    Well, it's a question of fundamental fairness.

Sticky want's to critique ESS's dyno graphs at nauseaum, but he won't post up his own Gintani supercharger dynos to show what his car put down. (at Gintani and/or at some Independent dyno shop)

It's only fair that he posts up his dynos, so we can all have a crack at those.

But then again, Sticky can't tolerate any criticism. (which is why we don't see his graphs)

Regardless of whether you think dyno sheets are the ultimate test of performance or not, not being able to conpare and dissect his graphs because he is not willing to pony up the data. That's weak.

Sticky is quick to call out ESS, but when challenged to show his own dyno numbers, he just keeps making excuses. He brags about his car all day long, but the fact is it's been parked for a while now. His transmission has one foot in the grave and he only has one 130 mph trap speed run with a small high boost pulley and Methanol Injection.

And as a result, he can't even drive his car now....

That's not a success story...it's more of a cautionary tale. (be careful what you wish for)

ALL the ESS DCT supercharger cars aren't parked in the corner of a shop collecting dust for months on end.

Just saying...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Dictator Click here to enlarge

Sticky want's to critique ESS's dyno graphs at nauseaum, but he won't post up his own Gintani supercharger dynos to show what his car put down. (at Gintani and/or at some Independent dyno shop)

But then again, Sticky can't tolerate any criticism. (which is why we don't see his graphs)

Regardless of whether you think dyno sheets are the ultimate test of performance or not, not being able to conpare and dissect his graphs because he is not willing to pony up the data. That's weak.

Sticky is quick to call out ESS, but when challenged to show his own dyno numbers, he just keeps making excuses. He brags about his car all day long, but the fact is it's been parked for a while now. His transmission has one foot in the grave and he only has one 130 mph trap speed run with a small high boost pulley and Methanol Injection.

That's not a success story...it's more of a cautionary tale. (be careful what you wish for)

ALL the ESS DCT supercharger cars aren't parked in the corner of a shop collecting dust for months on end.

Just saying...
    Thanks for the reply---- Ill say this outside of how you think he behaves or plays in this world of internet supposition- at least you can rebut his theories and/or thoughts here in this medium. He can not do anything at M3 post. Maybe Im missing something but it seems that there is censorship there.

Would the posts he laid down here have lasted at M3Post?
    2009 BMW E92 M3
    2009 Nissan GT-R
    2009 Lexus IS-F
    2007 Porsche 997TT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the reply---- Ill say this outside of how you think he behaves or plays in this world of internet supposition- at least you can rebut his theories and/or thoughts here in this medium. He can not do anything at M3 post. Maybe Im missing something but it seems that there is censorship there.

Would the posts he laid down here have lasted at M3Post?
    Yes, I appreciate the opportunity to address Sticky's statements here uncensored.

Especially since he argues and twists certain things around to make a convoluted point.

Instead of just playing it straight, he manipulates data to suit his own belief system.

I mean seriously Vic, he starts a troll thread with the title: "Has ESS been manipulating past graphs?"

And he starts nit picking everything they publish.

Well guess what...he hasn't published all his dyno data yet. Let's have a look at those graphs...

He is clearly biased against ESS. Look at all the time he spends tearing down their company every chance he gets.

And maybe you can explain to me what this PG guy did to him??? I mean damn he is on that guy 24/7. Hold a grudge much? lol...

What i don't understand is this....

ESS has like 30+ supercharger kits on M3's all over the world.

I can't see why he's so negative all the time. They seem to make an excellent product, but Sticky is constantly dogging them on the boards. What up with that?

I know he owns the site, and his demeanor is probably different than how really is in person...but that still doesn't excuse his behavior on the boards.

It seems this situation is personal, and not at all related to their products. I know there is more to this story.

Care to enlighten me?

Sticky is the owner/administrator of this board, so he needs to revamp his online persona.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It seems this situation is personal, and not at all related to their products. I know there is more to this story.

Care to enlighten me?

Sticky is the owner/administrator of this board, so he needs to revamp his online persona.

Absolutely nothing personal- Ive just been reading the battles here and there and being a mod at mbworld I was just wondering where personal ethics override impartiality. I have been around long enough to know that there are 3 sides to all stories, party A, party B, and the truth. I will not judge you or Sticky- I have never met either of you. I guess I was looking for some insight based on what I have to manage over at MBworld. So I thank you for your posts.

And as I said, I dont have a dog in the fight; I wont being supercharging my car since its a daily driver and have never bought an ESS product or Gintani. Honestly I like beer and women more than fast cars ... barely. Click here to enlarge
    2009 BMW E92 M3
    2009 Nissan GT-R
    2009 Lexus IS-F
    2007 Porsche 997TT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly I like beer and women more than fast cars ... barely. Click here to enlarge
    Yes, a man's got to know what his true priorities are! lol...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Just saying...
    Maybe he'll post a graph when ESS goes to the 1/4 mile, ESS DCT supercharged cars might not be sitting in a corner collecting dust as you say but the fact is none of them have ran a 1/4mile and they all have the same kit which is very basic btw. They haven't seen a track except that GS bilder Race car and they haven't been punished like say sammy russo's DCT or Niteriders M3. None of those cars have the boost or meth injection so its easy for you to throw stones at Gintani as if ESS has attempted to finish such a project. Last I checked Brians E90 M3 made 592whp and the stroker made 601whp SAE so uh which is more impressive? Brians car doesn't have an extra .6 liters or meth injection and his car has been beaten worse then any other street supercharged M3. So like you said be carefull what you wish for. Cause when sticky's car is ready for ANOTHER round at the strip theres no doubt its going to crush anything ESS has made so don't talk about Gintani like they dont know what they are doing or like its their fault his tranny isn't co-operating. Oh ya and lets not forget about the built motor M3's that will be out soon. Those will be on another level, no one is worried about posting more dynosheets for one car when they have bigger fish to fry. Gintani has already proven they are on top of their game and have their own goals thats why you never see them post non-sense on the internet cause they just dont have time. So maybe ESS can be proud to have 30 cookie cutter superchargers running around and be happy they marketed their product right. In all honesty if Gintani wanted to make a simple kit that they could install in a couple hours like the ESS they would have done so but they're not into that and you can see why based on their customers that do more then go to the grocerey store with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    Maybe he'll post a graph when ESS goes to the 1/4 mile, ESS DCT supercharged cars might not be sitting in a corner collecting dust as you say but the fact is none of them have ran a 1/4mile and they all have the same kit which is very basic btw. They haven't seen a track except that GS bilder Race car and they haven't been punished like say sammy russo's DCT or Niteriders M3. None of those cars have the boost or meth injection so its easy for you to throw stones at Gintani as if ESS has attempted to finish such a project. Last I checked Brians E90 M3 made 592whp and the stroker made 601whp SAE so uh which is more impressive? Brians car doesn't have an extra .6 liters or meth injection and his car has been beaten worse then any other street supercharged M3. So like you said be carefull what you wish for. Cause when sticky's car is ready for ANOTHER round at the strip theres no doubt its going to crush anything ESS has made so don't talk about Gintani like they dont know what they are doing or like its their fault his tranny isn't co-operating. Oh ya and lets not forget about the built motor M3's that will be out soon. Those will be on another level, no one is worried about posting more dynosheets for one car when they have bigger fish to fry. Gintani has already proven they are on top of their game and have their own goals thats why you never see them post non-sense on the internet cause they just dont have time. So maybe ESS can be proud to have 30 cookie cutter superchargers running around and be happy they marketed their product right. In all honesty if Gintani wanted to make a simple kit that they could install in a couple hours like the ESS they would have done so but they're not into that and you can see why based on their customers that do more then go to the grocerey store with them.
    Interesting bit of info you posted Jon. It seems the dyno manipulation group has a new member. Here is a dyno posted by Brian of his Gintani SC on a dynojet http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...nm3dynojet.jpg It seems this is a little bit less power than what was it made at the dyno you just refered to. Care to explain why the dyno numbers are different from the same car on the same type of dyno with the same kit ?? How did Brians car make an additional magic +83 whp ? I thought all the Gintani cars are the same ? looks like you have some excuses to start coming up with.

The mods might want to take your post down before it is seen by anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Last I checked ESS also has the fastest 60-130 of any E90 M3 in the world.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Last I checked ESS also has the fastest 60-130 of any E90 M3 in the world.
    But no 1/4 mile runs... and I would have that 60-130 if my car was not in "phase 2" Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, I appreciate the opportunity to address Sticky's statements here uncensored.

Especially since he argues and twists certain things around to make a convoluted point.

Instead of just playing it straight, he manipulates data to suit his own belief system.

I mean seriously Vic, he starts a troll thread with the title: "Has ESS been manipulating past graphs?"

And he starts nit picking everything they publish.

Well guess what...he hasn't published all his dyno data yet. Let's have a look at those graphs...

He is clearly biased against ESS. Look at all the time he spends tearing down their company every chance he gets.

And maybe you can explain to me what this PG guy did to him??? I mean damn he is on that guy 24/7. Hold a grudge much? lol...

What i don't understand is this....

ESS has like 30+ supercharger kits on M3's all over the world.

I can't see why he's so negative all the time. They seem to make an excellent product, but Sticky is constantly dogging them on the boards. What up with that?

I know he owns the site, and his demeanor is probably different than how really is in person...but that still doesn't excuse his behavior on the boards.

Care to enlighten me?

I was in the market for the ESS system, no grudge.

Secondly, PG has the grudge, not me, read the thread about my car. The link was posted here.

I'm the one who making things personal by trying to figure out what ESS's story is that they can't get straight yet ESS has their customers threaten to sue over dyno graphs posted and analyzed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I was in the market for the ESS system, no grudge.

Secondly, PG has the grudge, not me, read the thread about my car. The link was posted here.

I'm the one who making things personal by trying to figure out what ESS's story is that they can't get straight yet ESS has their customers threaten to sue over dyno graphs posted and analyzed.
    Explain the different dyno numbers for Brians car please Sticky .....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Just saying...
    Testing a car on the drag strip and not a dyno proves far more than just giving out sheets that people can fudge. Everyone knows this, that is why I have far more respect for people who take their cars to the track. A slip means more. If ESS has been putting up 600 whp numbers, why no trap speeds to back it up? The strip is a dyno, just one you can't mess with.

My dynos were supposed to be psoted on a dynojet. Since everyone is hanging on my dyno numbers, I'm not going to post them as ESS desperately wants a shot at me. I'm not going to tell them how far they need to push this stroker to have a chance. No dyno sheets, 1/4 mile slips and I want to run ESS cars heads to head. Lets see who wins in the real world, not on the dyno.

So I'm building my transmission, and? No one has done that, somebody has to. I'll be the first one and then I can go even further Click here to enlarge Wow, how terrible of me to be blazing the trail.

Cautionary tale? Yes, only push to be the best on a platform if you can afford to deal with the consequences. Plus, it is my car and I will do what I want with it, like build it and post the results however I feel like.

I'm not going to tell you again, you want to discuss my car, you do it in the thread about my car. Last time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Explain the different dyno numbers for Brians car please Sticky .....
    Which ones?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast