Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Gave the NEW JB4 BETA a try...The hype is not fake.

So got my hands on the new JB4 with CAN intergration. I wont compare this tune to other tunes i have tested or tryed. Just give a overall review and compare it to the JB3 2.0 and stock.

Daily driving:
    Its really smooth, smoother than stock and JB3 2.0 for sure. Partial throttle feels so relaxed and natural. Its feels light, fast and super responsive. You feel it right away when you take the car out.
    Throttle input seems more sensitive and responsive to every MM of movement of the throttle, feels really good! Car seems to transition between gears really smoother aswell. Where stock there is a small judder you can feel, and even there with theb Jb3.

Performance:
    Boost comes on quick and hard. Car revs quicker and more freely. Feels so natural, and the feeling of the car reving so freely and easily is GREAT. All of these just a amazing change over stock and over the JB3. Tq down low is def more abundant and it feels to come on quicker and harder. Lag has def been improved aswell. The car feels like it gained 20WHP from these changes.

Mid range and top end power seems to be improved aswell, just pulls and pulls hard! The JB3 has always been know for putting down alot of power and being fast on the streets! The Jb4 not only delivers and lives up to the JB3 but i can honestly say its more! Its just a beast of power. CAN integration has def opened up some hidden power and changed the way the car feels alot!!!. Car feels more consistent from run to run, and consistent no matter what RPM you are at. Boost is so much easier to control over stock and Jb3. I can now control it with my right foot and not get sudden bursts and overage of boost when i dont want it. With the JB4, you got it on demand and the amount you demand.
    JB4 with all its changes and CAN integrations has done an amazing amount of change. This JB4 i am testing is in BETA testing, and just want to give an intial review of what i have seen so far. The JB3 2.0 with latest frimware i tested seems so dull and lazy after testing the JB4, really is that much of a change overall, can't express this enough.

Beyond the many new features that are coming within the next few weeks. Tuning wise, isnt nearly done as overall testing of new tuning changes and testing isnt done, and AUTO TUNING is not active yet aswell. So def some more tuning related changes coming soon i DEF want to test and report back.
    So far, i am honestly giving this a thumbs up in terms of power changes above the JB3 in terms of consistency, raw power and pull, free revving and partial throttle. Im into power, so this is the first thing i looked into.

The new features and the extremely fun on the fly map and setting changes, dash intergration of boost/iat/timing, etc among other features are REALLY COOl and easy to use!
    Map changes take seconds. The shift light feature is very cool, using the oil temp gauge and fuel gauge, for boost/iat/timing, etc. is very nice and useful, really my favorite feature from the Jb4.
    The new code reading and clearing feature via the quick and easy dash is cool and easy to use, but even better is the JB4 program which you can read directly and delete codes like a bt cable is really bad ass!!
    Transport mode is cool, limits the car to rev to 4500rpm, is really awesome when the car is not in your hands.
    The list of features goes on and on. The best thing about these are you can activate them via the dash within seconds, and you can turn them on or off within seconds.

I do realize the JB4 is still in BETA form, getting ongoing changes to features and tuning, my conerns and faults, if any , i find will and are being reported to Terry. I will most def try the Jb4 again when in its more FINAL form But so far, its completely blown the JB3 away in every aspect, seriously everything.

Here is a small video i took off my phone with minor eiditing to show some features, no WOT video just yet, hope to get some more power pulls this week in and do some logging asap. nothing special, but videos are always cool

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a85...urrent=Jb4.mp4

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by 5soko; 01-12-2011 at 02:12 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice great to hear
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice! Not bad for a $85 upgrade eh? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    Nice great to hear
    Thanks man..

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Nice! Not bad for a $85 upgrade eh? Click here to enlarge
    This upgrade was worth $885.... Thanks again and again for everything Terry..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seriously, for $85 it has made me fall in love with my car again. Hopefully I win that meth kit!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just want this! (and a CP-e intercooler)
    I made Sticky the Excel files to draw the prizes. He just needs to get on with it!!!
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    I made Sticky the Excel files to draw the prizes. He just needs to get on with it!!!
    LOL you really want it to happen don't you! Sure you didn't add an extra entries for yourself? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes I do!
    And nope, I did not cheat. I allready had the most entries: 134
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Seriously, for $85 it has made me fall in love with my car again. Hopefully I win that meth kit!
    Same feeling i had

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Your gonna love it, the features alone are really fun. The tunning is gonna make u happy aswell.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge