Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

full exhaust & pullies ctsv vs 2011 gt500 no cats and tune vs 2010 gt500 stock

Got no other info

Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that caddy friggin moves!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marvel48 Click here to enlarge
    that caddy friggin moves!!
    It takes it a while to pass, but keep in mind those GT500's are running stock pullies. That is where the power gain comes from, really the GT500's are pretty impressive.

It would be great to see tune + pulley GT500 vs. tune + pulley CTS-V.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

If i was gonna buy one domestic car, it would be a CTS-V.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    If i was gonna buy one domestic car, it would be a CTS-V.
    It would be on my list as well, great car.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

caddy also starts a whole car length behind both of them, goddamn for a heavy car!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skifreek Click here to enlarge
    caddy also starts a whole car length behind both of them, goddamn for a heavy car!
    GT500's aren't too light either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

probably a 200-300lbs difference....gt500 around 3900+ and caddy around 4200+
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    info on the gt500...
    07-10 gt500 without the mach 1000 stereo is about 3850lbs
    11 gt500 without the mach 1000 stereo is about 3750lbs. The mach 1000 optional stereo adds a little over 70lbs including the sub.

11: rw95gt ------------------------- 1.62 60ft - 11.16 @ 124mph 100% Stock on racestars 11/13/10 Fayetteville Motorsports Park NC

10: MD03SVT ----------------1.656 - 7.328 - 11.368 @123.89 100% stock on slicks 11/10/09 Napierville Dragway Montreal Canada 2010 GT500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

MHP, I've been interested in the Ford GT500 because of it's straight-line ability and availability of parts.

If you were to buy one, would you buy the new aluminum block or the old iron block? Please tell me why.

Also, as far as I know, this is Ford's current strongest production motor and has the thickest bore spacing, or does that go to the old 4.6 or the new 5.0?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Check this 5.0 out..... 10's n/a on slicks... friggen stupid amount of power

2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    MHP, I've been interested in the Ford GT500 because of it's straight-line ability and availability of parts.

If you were to buy one, would you buy the new aluminum block or the old iron block? Please tell me why.

Also, as far as I know, this is Ford's current strongest production motor and has the thickest bore spacing, or does that go to the old 4.6 or the new 5.0?
    I would buy the al block. It is 100lbs lighter and can easily hold 1000+rwhp with proper tuning and keeping the rpms down. The ford gt runs the al 5.4 block and we have all seen how they react to the bigger turbos or twin turbos with the stock block. I dont know the bore spacing answer but I am sure Andy does.

If I was to buy the gt500 I would get the 11 add a small twin(2.3, 2.8, 2.9) and the gr40 base suspension.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@MHP Click here to enlarge
    The ford gt runs the al 5.4 block and we have all seen how they react to the bigger turbos or twin turbos with the stock block.
    Those are sleeved blocks though I believe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Those are sleeved blocks though I believe.
    Your right there are some differences such as the different sleeves and the dry sump found on the gt. Here is some good info on the gt500 sleeve process. The gt500 uses the same sleeve process that the GTR uses. All you need to know about the PTWA sleeves in the gt500 can be found in the 2nd quote(quotes found the ford gt forum). Bottom line is the al block is stronger than the internals inside the gt500.

We recently had a chance to sit down with GT500 chief nameplate engineer Jamal Hameedi in his office at SVT's headquarters to learn more about what's new for 2011. Switching to an aluminum block was a bit more complicated than simply digging out the casting molds that were used for the GT. The engine in that 200+ mph supercar used a dry sump lubrication system and featured iron cylinder liners. The new GT500 engine is derived from the structural design of the older block but retains the wet sump system used in other Mustangs. The real magic is something that most owners will likely never actually see.

Last June we learned about an award that several Ford researchers had received for a cylinder bore coating system they developed called the Plasma Transferred Wire Arc (PTWA) process. The Ford press release at the time framed the award in terms of fuel efficiency and gave no real hint about what was about to come. It now turns out that the first production Ford to use the PTWA process will be the 2011 GT500.

Nissan actually licensed PTWA from Ford for use on its V6 engine in the GT-R.The heart of the PTWA process involves feeding a steel wire into a device that heats it up to 35,000 degrees Fahrenheit and then sprays it onto the aluminum cylinder bores. Ford is not actually the first company to use a process like this. Similar mechanisms have been used to coat the fan blades in jet engines for a number of years. One of the primary differences is that Ford is using PTWA with a conventional steel alloy rather than some super exotic aerospace material. Ford isn't even the first automaker to use this specific coating process. That honor falls to Nissan, which actually licensed the technology from Ford for use on its V6 engine in the GT-R.

Hameedi believes that Ford has an important advantage over Nissan. Anyone that has ever used a teflon-coated pan is familiar with the problem of the non-stick coating peeling off over time. In the past BMW has also had issues with the nickasil coatings prematurely separating on some of its aluminum blocks. Getting any dissimilar materials to adhere to each other is always a problem, so the initial surface has to be specially prepared in order for the coating to have something to hang on to. Nissan licensed Ford's coating technology but used its own surface preparation process. According to Hameedi, Ford's surface preparation works so well that even after engines have gone through a full durability cycle the bores still look like new.

Using the PTWA process allows the block to have a thinner surface coating - only 150 microns deep - that is just as tough as one with cast or pressed-in iron or steel liners. However, using less material results in lower weight. According to Hameedi, the GT500 block is 8.5 pounds lighter than the sleeved GT version. Overall, the complete engine is 102 pounds lighter than the 2010 cast iron engine. The steel coating has also helped Ford reduce the internal friction of the engine, aiding both efficiency and power production.
    Need more?

At the request of a nameless engineer, I should note that the PWTA process on the GT500 has absolutely pummeled everything they have thrown at it. The "proprietary nano structure roughening process" they use adheres so well that when they do pull tests, they end up pulling aluminum before they manage to pull the coating.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those things are ridiculous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Hmm, I can get a GT500 for the price of a 1M............

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Hmm, I can get a GT500 for the price of a 1M............
    GT500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

new 5.0 with blower and gears/tires... for that price youre in the 9s buddy!!
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

holy crap on the PWTA treatment. That is rediculous..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    new 5.0 with blower and gears/tires... for that price youre in the 9s buddy!!
    Don't forget rods/pistons, you won't run 9's for long without them!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'm wondering if I can get into the 9's with a new GT500 & bolt on's, (including bigger/more efficient blower) plus supporting mods needed for a hard launch, and maybe a little bit of nitrous if it can take it with race gas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

I'm wondering if I can get into the 9's with a new GT500 & bolt on's, (including bigger/more efficient blower) plus supporting mods needed for a hard launch, and maybe a little bit of nitrous if it can take it with race gas.
    I don't think you can run 9's on the stock blower without nitrous. I might be wrong but I think for boost only 9's you are going to need a big twin screw.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't think you can run 9's on the stock blower without nitrous. I might be wrong but I think for boost only 9's you are going to need a big twin screw.
    That's why I mentioned a bigger/more efficient compressor. It would be my next "bolt-on" after the headers/exhaust, intake and tune was on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

That's why I mentioned a bigger/more efficient compressor. It would be my next "bolt-on" after the headers/exhaust, intake and tune was on.
    Then yes, 9's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

A GT500 would need some serious power to touch 9's... We are talking 800whp at least in such a heavy car...

The new GT500's are a lot faster than the older ones.. my old roomates only trapped 114 lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast