Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 85
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,377
    Rep Points
    32,769.4
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No

    Nex Gen F30 3 series may get 3 cylinder 150 horsepower turbo diesel

    As BMW continues to take focus away from performance and power shifting it to MPG and efficiency, it should surprise no one that BMW is looking into even more frugal/smaller diesels. Auto Express is reporting that the next gen 3 series may feature a 1.5 liter 3 cylinder turbo diesel pushing 150 hp. This would undercut the smallest diesel now offered, the 2.0 liter 320d, by a half liter while offering similar performance and cleaner emissions. At this rate, soon BMW's will be running on single cylinder motors powered by our tears.

    Click here to enlarge
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -92.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Bmw --------------> Toyota

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,377
    Rep Points
    32,769.4
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
    Bmw --------------> Toyota
    It's getting there...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HG Motorsports
    Posts
    390
    Rep Points
    514.9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's getting there...
    I wouldn't care if it had a lawnmower engine if it ends up looking like those renders, that's just absurdly good looking.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,892
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
    Bmw --------------> Toyota
    Wow, you read my mind. I was talking about bmw's direction with friends last week. I ended up saying BMW is becoming the Toyota of German car makers. They are building more and more different models, they continue to design smaller and smaller powerplants. Also it has become so easy to aquire a BMW, with the cheap leases. Everyone and their mom has a BMW.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,377
    Rep Points
    32,769.4
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
    I wouldn't care if it had a lawnmower engine if it ends up looking like those renders, that's just absurdly good looking.
    The renderings are pretty nice. Modern, muscular, yet familiar and conservative. How BMW design should be.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,377
    Rep Points
    32,769.4
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Wow, you read my mind. I was talking about bmw's direction with friends last week. I ended up saying BMW is becoming the Toyota of German car makers. They are building more and more different models, they continue to design smaller and smaller powerplants. Also it has become so easy to aquire a BMW, with the cheap leases. Everyone and their mom has a BMW.
    What about the push for FWD cars now and cheap commuter vehicles?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,327
    Rep Points
    2,780.2
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What about the push for FWD cars now and cheap commuter vehicles?

    This is something they shouldnt be wasting their time with.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,600
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    $#@!ING PHAYL.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,892
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What about the push for FWD cars now and cheap commuter vehicles?
    It is BMW's new Scion division. But they will have the BMW emblem on them, really a shame for their brand image.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HG Motorsports
    Posts
    390
    Rep Points
    514.9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    It is BMW's new Scion division. But they will have the BMW emblem on them, really a shame for their brand image.
    I've never been particularly interested in their brand image, I had two Bimmers in high school (an E36 my junior year and an E90 senior year) so I think hearing "OMG you have a BMW!?!?" all the time got old for me.

    With that said, even I think front wheel drive economy-oriented pieces of crap would be a terrible thing to slap a BMW badge on. I wish they had the balls to show environmentalists the finger rather than pander to them with $#@! like the hybrid X6 (who in the hell is that even for?)

    Now, with THAT said, I think it's about time they brought smaller engines to the US. The rest of the world has had 4 cylinder gas and diesel BMWs forever. BMW NA brings over the least frugal diesel and then points to disappointing 335d sales as proof that Americans don't want diesels. I'm glad the X5 35d is selling fairly well, maybe they'll finally get with the program.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,892
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
    I've never been particularly interested in their brand image, I had two Bimmers in high school (an E36 my junior year and an E90 senior year) so I think hearing "OMG you have a BMW!?!?" all the time got old for me.

    With that said, even I think front wheel drive economy-oriented pieces of crap would be a terrible thing to slap a BMW badge on. I wish they had the balls to show environmentalists the finger rather than pander to them with $#@! like the hybrid X6 (who in the hell is that even for?)

    Now, with THAT said, I think it's about time they brought smaller engines to the US. The rest of the world has had 4 cylinder gas and diesel BMWs forever. BMW NA brings over the least frugal diesel and then points to disappointing 335d sales as proof that Americans don't want diesels. I'm glad the X5 35d is selling fairly well, maybe they'll finally get with the program.
    I hear ya. I got a new BMW when I turned 16, but were I went to school that was nothing, some kids were rolling 911's.

    The brand image I am referring to, is the racing heritage. Front-wheel drive small commuter cars do not fit into that brand image. But hey, they want to be known as a big car manufacturer, the German Toyota.

    The X5d diesel has inflated sales numbers because of the eco-credit. My sister bought a LCI X5d not to long ago, honestly it is overrated. I think that engine is better suited in the 335d. She is going to put it up for sale soon.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,932
    Rep Points
    1,377.3
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure some 20% of Bmw drivers almost never floor the gas pedal. None of them on this forum, of course. If they consume less oil based refining products, that is better for me and everyone who doesn't like high fuel demand derived prices. The fuel should be saved for them who need it. Us. I require more fuel efficient engines and cars for those who can do the saving part. If they can contribute more for the common good in environment, oil price, economic growth.. the better for them and us.

    I think the image loss of having other than powerful engines is small and a bit of last century. Technically it is a great achievement if they can pull that power out of a small 3 cylinder diesel engine. That would have been impossible to even imagine a couple of decades ago.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,377
    Rep Points
    32,769.4
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    It is BMW's new Scion division. But they will have the BMW emblem on them, really a shame for their brand image.
    BMW's scion division, great way to put it.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,377
    Rep Points
    32,769.4
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
    Now, with THAT said, I think it's about time they brought smaller engines to the US. The rest of the world has had 4 cylinder gas and diesel BMWs forever. BMW NA brings over the least frugal diesel and then points to disappointing 335d sales as proof that Americans don't want diesels. I'm glad the X5 35d is selling fairly well, maybe they'll finally get with the program.
    I agree, have them bring over the 4 cylinder diesels and all the diesels really but by the time they get here they will be down to 500 cc's and hybrid something or other.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,377
    Rep Points
    32,769.4
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure some 20% of Bmw drivers almost never floor the gas pedal. None of them on this forum, of course. If they consume less oil based refining products, that is better for me and everyone who doesn't like high fuel demand derived prices. The fuel should be saved for them who need it. Us. I require more fuel efficient engines and cars for those who can do the saving part. If they can contribute more for the common good in environment, oil price, economic growth.. the better for them and us.

    I think the image loss of having other than powerful engines is small and a bit of last century. Technically it is a great achievement if they can pull that power out of a small 3 cylinder diesel engine. That would have been impossible to even imagine a couple of decades ago.
    Click here to enlarge
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    ^ I've seen a 10 second Cummins dually diesel run in San Antonio. It's pretty crazy too see that much weight (7,000+lbs) and torque (1,200+ft-lbs) at work!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,377
    Rep Points
    32,769.4
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    ^ I've seen a 10 second Cummins dually diesel run in San Antonio. It's pretty crazy too see that much weight (7,000+lbs) and torque (1,200+ft-lbs) at work!
    Diesel performance is very, very cool except those large modded diesel trucks don't seem to be all that great for the atmosphere.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,600
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    I dont think the argument is that we are dissapointed in diesel as the powerplant. More like, the fact it's a tiny diesel engine starting off making only 150 hp.

    I wouldnt mind the I6 turbo diesel in the 335d, I think it's great. But $#@!, a 3 cylinder 1.5L sounds so weak as a platform. It's going to be the 328i of the future, if so, they better come out with a better 335i, and it better not be underpowered.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I dont think the argument is that we are dissapointed in diesel as the powerplant. More like, the fact it's a tiny diesel engine starting off making only 150 hp.

    I wouldnt mind the I6 turbo diesel in the 335d, I think it's great. But $#@!, a 3 cylinder 1.5L sounds so weak as a platform. It's going to be the 328i of the future, if so, they better come out with a better 335i, and it better not be underpowered.
    I know, I just had nothing else good to say. I mean really, what is there to say about FWD BMW's and WEAK ass motors and PUSSY marketing. Their new JOY $#@! reminds me of Toyota's safety team bull$#@! ads after the Prius throttle thing.

    Sorry BMW, where is the JOY in under-steering into a $#@!ing wall because of lame-ass suspension tuning and an open differential?

    Ultimate Driving Machine? LOL! Ultimate Marketing Over-statement!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,377
    Rep Points
    32,769.4
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Sorry BMW, where is the JOY in under-steering into a $#@!ing wall because of lame-ass suspension tuning and an open differential?
    Click here to enlarge
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,600
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Im so $#@!ing mad in general that fags had to take over the world. I understand if they want to make priuses to help the trees and whales and $#@!. But leave my cars alone man, just leave my $#@! alone...
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -92.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I understand if they want to make priuses to help the trees and whales and $#@!. ...
    Man cars like Prius are $#@! , just $#@!. People think since it burns less gas it's much greener and after death they will go to heaven for being an enviorment person but what they don't know is electricity is here because somewhere else coal is burning(which is very dirty compare to petrol).

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,600
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    [QUOTE=HeroSina;94624][QUOTE=DBFIU;94616]. I understand if they want to make priuses to help the trees and whales and $#@!
    Man cars like Prius are $#@! , just $#@!. People think since it burns less gas it's much greener and after death they will go to heaven for being an enviorment person but what they don't know is electricity is here because somewhere else coal is burning(which is very dirty compare to petrol).
    Yea I am aware of that. I work in the gas turbine industry, energy is energy. It doesnt matter what you use to drive, the laws of entropy will always work against you. No matter what you do you will pollute, minus perhaps, walking...

    Electric cars are a $#@!ING JOKE, they dont help clean $#@!. My coworkers and I laugh our asses off everytime obama opens his $#@!ter on trying to make things green by 'increasing efficiency'. Guess what, a prius requires more power and pollution to produce then it saves its entire $#@!ing life. Batteries are pure pollution, they are very hard to recycle.

    Do people even know what the word efficiency means? $#@! NO. They just jerk off to the term everytime they hear it. They should open up a $#@!ing thermodynamics textbook and read maybe the first chapter. You cant make $#@! out of nothing, you need energy and guess what, so does a prius.

    Entropy is a physical fact, no one can escape it, not even the fags.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -92.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    ^ man i enjoyed reading that , you got +A

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •