Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556
Results 1,376 to 1,398 of 1398
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why don't you mind your own business?

If you don't know what you're talking about then don't comment.

Hey, I'm actually trying to get this trophy made to send to you. I'm doing my job as commissioner. Whatever it costs will be subtracted from Tony's winnings as he reneged on the agreement we had.

This has nothing to do with the bet although that is a separate issue.

Why do you feel the need to be so cryptic? Do you have something to hide here? This is actually my business and everyone else who paid into the leagues business. Do we not have a right to know why the money isn't being paid out? That's a pretty lame response Joe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeenon53 Click here to enlarge
    Why do you feel the need to be so cryptic?
    How am I being cryptic? You're butting in without having any clue what you're talking about.

I'm suddenly on trial because you decide so?

This is actually my business and everyone else who paid into the leagues business. Do we not have a right to know why the money isn't being paid out? That's a pretty lame response Joe.
    What's lame is that I took Tony at his word that he would mak/send a trophy and I PAID TONY MONEY FOR THIS TROPHY and it is not being sent to you.

If I have to get another trophy made, I'm not paying twice for it. I should have done it on my own to begin with to avoid this entire situation which I should have known would happen.

I had an agreement with him, he is not honoring it. You do not know the agreement or that his entry fee was waived last year for this agreement. It was not posted publicly and it did not concern you. Now I'm supposed to do what, go dig through my e-mails because you're acting like I'm not paying Tony?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You paid money for the trophy by waiving his entry fee last year. Correct? That's effectively what both YOU and TONY said. It was somewhere in one of these threads, this year or last doesn't matter. I saw it posted.

You keep saying Tony kept the trophy. Well yea! He won the league last year. Him not sending it isn't a crime. It's his. He made the trophy for the league then won said league, I don't see a foul there?

You might be right that we don't all know the whole story, but we're being told two different things.

The bet? Yes I'd agree (as we all would) that's between the two of you. But league winnings being paid is absolutely our business. We all paid into them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fr3nch Click here to enlarge
    You keep saying Tony kept the trophy. Well yea! He won the league last year. Him not sending it isn't a crime. It's his. He made the trophy for the league then won said league, I don't see a foul there?
    Oh, then let me clear it up for you. The PERPETUAL trophy goes to the winner every year. There's your foul genius.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have no idea what you're referencing.
    you set up the league on yahoo... and don't use the mobile app?

If he sent the trophy he would have his winnings. Why in the world would I put my funds in harm's way when he has already burned me in the past?
    you don't have the trophy he does and you have no reason to get involved in making a trophy. getting the trophy from tony to mitch is absolutely on tony. who is to say the $$ he would get paid out wouldn't be used to ship it and why should you be holding onto his winnings.

you have no rule stating you won't get paid out if you don't send the trophy. instead you are personally taking winnings from a second team which you should have no control over and no one has any proof (no matter what receipt you post) that you used all of those funds purely on a new trophy nor does anyone want winnings to be misappropriated that way. your job is to act as a as a custodian of funds in escrow and distribute funds. not make up reasons to not pay people out.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that in principle mitch would rather have tony paid out than receive a meaningless trophy (no offense).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hes not sending the trophy because he didn't receive his share of winnings.. again in the other thread which you don't follow he told mitch he'd send it once he got paid

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh, then let me clear it up for you. The PERPETUAL trophy goes to the winner every year. There's your foul genius.
    No kidding it goes to the winner every year. He had reason to believe you wouldn't pay him. You didn't, so he didn't send Zee the trophy yet. You chose not to pay him before he kept the trophy. You're both doing the same thing.

You're stating you aren't paying because he didn't send the trophy. He's not sending the trophy because you didn't pay him. If this situation were reversed there's no way you'd let it fly

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Daily Three Click here to enlarge
    you set up the league on yahoo... and don't use the mobile app?
    I do not. I use my desktop.

getting the trophy from tony to mitch is absolutely on tony.
    Glad we agree.

who is to say the $$ he would get paid out wouldn't be used to ship it and why should you be holding onto his winnings.
    Who is to say I send him money and then he keeps the money and the trophy and tells me to go $#@! myself? By the way, he's done this to me in the past. Sorry if I'm a bit leery of sending Tony money in advance.

you have no rule stating you won't get paid out if you don't send the trophy.
    Well, we do now.

o one has any proof (no matter what receipt you post) that you used all of those funds purely on a new trophy
    Considering it isn't made yet, how could you have proof? I have deliberately given Tony time to do the right thing and send the trophy. Zeenon should already have it. He has had PLENTY of time to ship it.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that in principle mitch would rather have tony paid out than receive a meaningless trophy (no offense).
    It's irrelevant. I spent my money on a trophy and I expect to get what I paid for.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fr3nch Click here to enlarge
    You're stating you aren't paying because he didn't send the trophy. He's not sending the trophy because you didn't pay him. If this situation were reversed there's no way you'd let it fly
    The situation has been reversed as I have sent Tony money in advance and he told me go $#@! myself.

I think this has gone on long enough. My decision is to get a trophy made as the trophy I paid for was not sent. I'll use the money to get it done and gladly post the receipt and send the trophy to Mitch.

That is my decision. Thank you all for playing and good luck next year.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow, it's like pulling teeth here...lol

What you say makes sense now. You waived Tony's entry last year in exchange for the trophy, essentially paying out of pocket yourself. You'll pay out Tony as long as he sends the trophy, correct?

I don't have a problem with you keeping his money until the trophy is sent out, and i don't see why anyone in the league would .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow, it's like pulling teeth here...lol

What you say makes sense now. You waived Tony's entry last year in exchange for the trophy, essentially paying out of pocket yourself. You'll pay out Tony as long as he sends the trophy, correct?

I don't have a problem with you keeping his money until the trophy is sent out, and i don't see why anyone in the league would .
    EXACTLY.

I'm sick of waiting on him to ship so I'm just going to get this made. I've had enough.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That should be a rule as well, the only problem is if someone doesn't place that has the trophy from the previous year there is no recourse to recoup the trophy if it isn't sent.

Maybe hold 100 from the winner (me) and use it as a credit for the following season, if the trophy isn't passed the 100 is used for a new one. Makes sense?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That should be a rule as well, the only problem is if someone doesn't place that has the trophy from the previous year there is no recourse to recoup the trophy if it isn't sent.

Maybe hold 100 from the winner (me) and use it as a credit for the following season, if the trophy isn't passed the 100 is used for a new one. Makes sense?
    ^^going forward.. this makes sense^^ +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the only problem is if someone doesn't place that has the trophy from the previous year there is no recourse to recoup the trophy if it isn't sent.
    Yep.

Makes sense. Feel free to send me the $100.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep.
    Makes sense. Feel free to send me the $100.

Walked into that one. The only way I wouldn't play/send the trophy is if i'm dead or in jail. I'm 2/2 in getting paid in this league. I gotcha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Walked into that one. The only way I wouldn't play/send the trophy is if i'm dead or in jail. I'm 2/2 in getting paid in this league. I gotcha.
    I trust you. I don't have a problem with taking you at your word.

The rule is in place going forward.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Clearly @Legionofboom is not aware that links in PM' are forwarded to administrators to prevent PM spam.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm just going to get this out of the way now. If you don't want to play next year just say so and you will be removed so the list can be opened up for others.

@BLKROKT @nafoo @Fr3nch @zeenon53 @Daily Three

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm just going to get this out of the way now. If you don't want to play next year just say so and you will be removed so the list can be opened up for others.

@BLKROKT @nafoo @Fr3nch @zeenon53 @Daily Three
    I think the consensus is that we're going to start another league, without you. Is that allowed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    I think the consensus is that we're going to start another league, without you. Is that allowed?
    Am I stopping you or something? You weren't even in the league.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Am I stopping you or something? You weren't even in the league.
    Just wondering since you put legionofboom in a timeout and deleted our PMs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think it's a great idea to get some fresh faces in the league next year.

This has run its course.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Just wondering since you put legionofboom in a timeout and deleted our PMs.
    Using my forum to try to get members for 'his' league isn't going to happen especially when he's trying to undermine the league we have here because he's butthurt.

If he wants his own, let him find his own members.

End of story.

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556