Close

Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1398
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wish him the best of luck. I really appreciate his break down of things etc.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I take back what I said. Didn't know. Tell him we miss his commentary and maturity here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If that's the case you have to bench his entire roster, it's to late to start managing his team and setting an active roster as this past week he would have won.

Auctioning off his players is off the table.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mean his roster can still be set but that's unfair. All we can do is have the policy going forward.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Even if his worst active players had been selected this past week, he would have won easily. Too bad he didn't tell anyone before the weekend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Guys this isn't a hard one to figure out, set his best players each week.

Also, gang green, you're being put on blast for this trade offer.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeenon53 Click here to enlarge
    If that's the case you have to bench his entire roster, it's to late to start managing his team and setting an active roster as this past week he would have won.

Auctioning off his players is off the table.
    It doesn't matter to me cause I already won, but I agree its only fair to bench his team, and give whoever plays him an auto win since I basically got one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I agree its only fair to bench his team, and give whoever plays him an auto win since I basically got one.
    Exactly. What's done is done.

You can't start a team for him now unless you go back and start a lineup for him this past week. I don't think that would be right at this point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you absolutely do not need to bench his entire team and should not.. that would be a worse call than the sequence of officiating just before halftime yesterday (ok that is a stretch). that solves nothing. keep in mind many of us already had to play him and he has picked up 3 wins along the way.

he paid his money. his team exists. if someone fails to set their lineup in this league you know what happens? they play with a disadvantage. if he isn't going to set his lineup from here on out then you either do nothing OR you put his best projected players. Any abuse of the wouldn't go unnoticed and requires you to just blast out the situation so all are aware. <-- These are the commonly accepted standards and the latter in extreme cases like this is exactly what the commish is for.

While you can debate between those two.. auctioning a team and benching a team are things you have a provision for before you start the league. Reason being is both of these induce unfair advantages to other teams who either A did not make the right pick ups and want a bail out vulture from a pool of players that should be unavailable to them or B just want a free win down the road. In some leagues running without a full lineup results in disqualification for that week. You do not have such a provision in this league therefore you can't penalize someone for not setting their lineup (unless there is collusion involved of course).

separately and more importantly.. best to pats wish him a speedy recovery
    Last edited by Daily Three; 11-08-2016 at 12:37 PM. Reason: clause for collusion ;p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What if we just left his team like it is?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2184 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Daily Three Click here to enlarge
    you absolutely do not need to bench his entire team and should not.. that would be a worse call than the sequence of officiating just before halftime yesterday (ok that is a stretch). that solves nothing. keep in mind many of us already had to play him and he has picked up 3 wins along the way.

he paid his money. his team exists. if someone fails to set their lineup in this league you know what happens? they play with a disadvantage. if he isn't going to set his lineup from here on out then you either do nothing OR you put his best projected players. Any abuse of the wouldn't go unnoticed and requires you to just blast out the situation so all are aware. <-- These are the commonly accepted standards and the latter in extreme cases like this is exactly what the commish is for.

While you can debate between those two.. auctioning a team and benching a team are things you have a provision for before you start the league. Reason being is both of these induce unfair advantages to other teams who either A did not make the right pick ups and want a bail out vulture from a pool of players that should be unavailable to them or B just want a free win down the road. In some leagues running without a full lineup results in disqualification for that week. You do not have such a provision in this league therefore you can't penalize someone for not setting their lineup (unless there is collusion involved of course).

separately and more importantly.. best to pats wish him a speedy recovery
    This is a unique circumstance. This is not just not caring or not setting because he didn't want to. He physically couldn't.

His roster HAS been set for wins this year as well. In the spirit of competitiveness his roster will be set by default Yahoo projections here on out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i agree w/ the decision.. while i'd usually say just leave his roster the way it is.. this is an extreme example.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is a unique circumstance. This is not just not caring or not setting because he didn't want to. He physically couldn't.

His roster HAS been set for wins this year as well. In the spirit of competitiveness his roster will be set by default Yahoo projections here on out.
    Thats the best thing to do

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Kelvin Benji is back up for trade. Looking for RB2

or Beasley

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Kelvin Benji is back up for trade. Looking for RB2

or Beasley
    Boom

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BLKROKT Click here to enlarge
    Boom
    Ah $#@!. I didn't see I'm playing you next week. Well, damn.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

That's fine, as long as no add/drops are made.

I guess Tony got lucky, that win is really going to effect playoff seeding, watch. I wonder if the commissioner was still in the running if his decision would be different.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeenon53 Click here to enlarge
    That's fine, as long as no add/drops are made.

I guess Tony got lucky, that win is really going to effect playoff seeding, watch. I wonder if the commissioner was still in the running if his decision would be different.
    Just let it be, The outcome is fair enough.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Just let it be, The outcome is fair enough.
    "Fair enough" to who? Other teams played, and lost, versus that team. Then ONE team got an automatic win. And now teams will play, and lose, against it again.

IMO the only truly fair thing to do would be to turn any prior losses by other teams into wins. Otherwise it looks like collusion, even if it's not. Alternately you can set the lineup for last week per the Yahoo projections and let the chips fall as they may.
    Last edited by BLKROKT; 11-10-2016 at 11:58 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man this has turned into a cry baby festival. I understand Pats is sick, that is ALWAYS going to trump whatever else is going on in his life. Including by a LARGE margin Fantasy Football. He did not set his line up, there is NO rules saying you have to set your line up, if you want to lose you can lose, he obviously did not want to lose, he just had more important things to deal with. That I happened to be playing him that week is just luck of the draw, more luck in a game that is 100% about luck. I made my case for his team to be benched, it got veto'd, stop $#@!ing about it. Jesus Christ its a game

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2184 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "Fair enough" to who? Other teams played, and lost, versus that team. Then ONE team got an automatic win. And now teams will play, and lose, against it again.

IMO the only truly fair thing to do would be to turn any prior losses by other teams into wins. Otherwise it looks like collusion, even if it's not. Alternately you can set the lineup for last week per the Yahoo projections and let the chips fall as they may.
    Look, yes, you are right that some guys got an auto-win and some didn't.

We can't pick and choose right now. Bottom line is 135pats paid and it's his team to do what he wants with. He told me directly he would like his lineup set as he can't do it if that helps keep things honest. He's fine with what is best for the league.

I think we should honor his wishes, don't you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Look, yes, you are right that some guys got an auto-win and some didn't.

We can't pick and choose right now. Bottom line is 135pats paid and it's his team to do what he wants with. He told me directly he would like his lineup set as he can't do it if that helps keep things honest. He's fine with what is best for the league.

I think we should honor his wishes, don't you?
    Cool man, whatever. I'm going to throw my game to Tony this week to make sure he gets seeded higher in the playoffs vs Boom. I'm sure Tony will flip me a 50 for that. It's my team, so cool?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool man, whatever. I'm going to throw my game to Tony this week to make sure he gets seeded higher in the playoffs vs Boom. I'm sure Tony will flip me a 50 for that. It's my team, so cool?
    Well since what we are doing is technically gambling, you could do whatever you wanted to. It all comes down to integrity, Sticky cannot tell you how to run your team, if you want to sit everyone go ahead. Ps, make it $40 and your got yourself a deal...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2184 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think we would all have a problem with that but the thing is you are doing it voluntarily. Pats did what he did involuntarily.

Look, it's not perfect. I get it. I understand the complaints. Nobody is going to be 100% happy whatever way this goes.

I'm leaning toward competitive balance with Yahoo projections. I think that's fair to the spirit of the league. What you just proposed is not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Grow up, you're sounding like the people that are crying about Hillary losing. The dude is so sick he cant set his lineup, he didn't do it on purpose.

The most fair thing to do is autoset his lineup. AND IM THE ONE PLAYING HIM THIS WEEK.

Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast