Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

HPF N54 Single Turbo Kit Progress - Where is it?

It's cool. HPF will have their single available possibly sooner than any of the other companies who haven't put out a full single turbo kit on a BMW before like HPF has. I think they are all learning the hard way it's not that easy.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
    | Video of the session when the pic above was taken! In HD! |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by highboostingm3 Click here to enlarge
    It's cool. HPF will have their single available possibly sooner than any of the other companies who haven't put out a full single turbo kit on a BMW before like HPF has. I think they are all learning the hard way it's not that easy.
    You really, really love HPF, heh.

HPF hasn't even started, how are they going to catch up and pass? HPF has no experience on direct injection motors. HPF will have to learn as well.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    they still arent done with their turbo upgrade? i remember reading about a guy that dropped of his car to them for a kit and that was over a year ago i think

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yeah he was on a 12 month tour and they were Just dropped his engine with 2 months left. I'm surprised he is taking it so well as after being gone a year not only does he have no kit, he also has no car.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    Yeah he was on a 12 month tour and they were Just dropped his engine with 2 months left. I'm surprised he is taking it so well as after being gone a year not only does he have no kit, he also has no car.
    Where did you get this info? Id be pissed!!!
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Let me find the thread, sec

Alright I stand corrected
    -He left for 13 months around Nov 2009
    -They dropped the engine in Nov 2010
    -They said they needed another year'ish to get finish His kit
    -At this point it looks they have a production exhaust, intercooler, and a chargepipe mockup

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPF 335i #1
    15 months without my lover it's been.
    Posted Here

Original Thread Here

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPF Chris
    1 Nov 10
    Yes we've kept his car for quite awhile while he's been out of the country. We've finished the jigs for the exhaust last week. His motor is also coming out tomorrow which will give us a good opportunity to take a look at and make some preliminary designs on the turbo system.

We've been inundated with E46 M3 business, and we've only recently set up a dedicated lift for the 335i project. I've had our techs on the 335i exhaust jig full time now for the past 2 weeks to get it finalized and we are very close. We will come out with a full turbo system for the 335i, and this customer will be the first one to have it.

Take care,
    Chris.
    Thread started on 335i progress 3 Nov 10 and dead before Dec 10
    Last edited by SSDD; 01-06-2011 at 05:12 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah, i saw that thread. They should not take someones car and take this long,... even if you are inundated with E46 M3 projects. You take on the work, you do the work and not let it sit. They are also using his car to make jigs for mass production... I hope he is getting a deal because of this. That is design time for future kit, not extra time he should be without his car unless he is being seriously compensated for this.
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You don't see him complaining? I'm sure the owner would be getting a sick deal to be there first kit. I read thru his thread and it seems he know what he was getting into. They were late to e46 game and they are killing it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    for having a car 18 months at least he should get EVERYTHING for free. Still a very good deal for HPF.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    for having a car 18 months at least he should get EVERYTHING for free. Still a very good deal for HPF.
    Considering the price of their M3 kits, it wouldn't be that bad of a deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    You don't see him complaining? I'm sure the owner would be getting a sick deal to be there first kit. I read thru his thread and it seems he know what he was getting into. They were late to e46 game and they are killing it.
    Thats what I was alluding to.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well what the hell, why has development stalled?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just you wait. Most companies come out guns blazing before they even finish a few welds saying they are gonna have the most wicket kit, etc. Then the either fade away or the kit has issues.

HPF is the opposite. They start off quiet and sneaky and then in the end BLAM! Perfection!

Oh and tell me there track record when it comes to hooking customers up if there are any issues. This guy is being taken care of I'm sure just like the rest have.

And what about COBB? Gonna open some doors there!
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    HPF is the opposite. They start off quiet and sneaky and then in the end BLAM! Perfection!
    Perfection?

Just you wait. Most companies come out guns blazing before they even finish a few welds saying they are gonna have the most wicket kit, etc. Then the either fade away or the kit has issues.
    What are you basing this on? Where is the development on the N54 to justify the statements about the N54 application?

I'm a big fan of what HPF does on the S54, but I just don't see why this automatically makes them the kings of the N54. It just sounds like a bit of a fanboy kool-aid. I think they will eventually have a great offering but at this point they are way, way behind. I don't see why someone should pay attention to HPF who has shown nothing thus far when others are wrapping up their setups. Why wait around in anticipation of something that may not even come along?

Oh and tell me there track record when it comes to hooking customers up if there are any issues. This guy is being taken care of I'm sure just like the rest have.
    They have the best customer service and no doubt they will take care of this guy. Just a lot of silence and speculation though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    heh, cameron loves the hpf...

i read between the lines in that orig thread and i believe the guy wouldn't have been able to afford the setup without being the guinea pig. being the guinea pig is not so bad because hpf is just as tenacious with their marketing as they are with R&D. so if this single turbo n54 business blows up in their face, than the owner will probably get a one off and hpf will have designed multiple parts for the n54 with the time they've had with his car. win win situation

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Perfection?

What are you basing this on? Where is the development on the N54 to justify the statements about the N54 application?

I'm a big fan of what HPF does on the S54, but I just don't see why this automatically makes them the kings of the N54. It just sounds like a bit of a fanboy kool-aid. I think they will eventually have a great offering but at this point they are way, way behind. I don't see why someone should pay attention to HPF who has shown nothing thus far when others are wrapping up their setups. Why wait around in anticipation of something that may not even come along?

They have the best customer service and no doubt they will take care of this guy. Just a lot of silence and speculation though.
    Looking at the N54 there aren't too many differences (it's a 4-stroke inline-6 with dual vanos) minus the DI. From the looks of their custom intake manifold they will be going with a separate fuel rail and might not use the DI at all. BAM! becomes close to the s54 pretty quickly without DI (of course the water jackets are different, head is different, etc. but it's inline-6 with dual vanos so there ya go. Any other company have past experience making a successful turbo system for a motor like that other than HPF which is tackling the N54? Experience matters.

Yes there is silence and speculation so we don't know for sure at this point. I would love for another company to be successful I really would. I like HPF obviously because of their amazing customer service and how they tackle the market constantly making upgrades to their kits for the advantage of the consumer. However, I am not biased in a way where I don't want other companies to succeed. I would love for any company to come forward and give us HPF-like product and service. It is a tall order to match but would be great because competition is the best thing. Competition makes everything strive to be the best it can be. I challenge another company to tackle the N54 in such a way. Instead you see owners of such companies like ASR getting banned from forums for slapping their monsterous egos on the table with horrible unprofessionalism.

COBB might open some doors however until the proper larger DI injectors are available, power will be limited and I am not sure if COBB would allow for a separate FI fuel rail.

With HPF...we shall see. I hope that they are secretly making progress and just not talking about it due to all the competition waiting to copy.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    heh, cameron loves the hpf...

i read between the lines in that orig thread and i believe the guy wouldn't have been able to afford the setup without being the guinea pig. being the guinea pig is not so bad because hpf is just as tenacious with their marketing as they are with R&D. so if this single turbo n54 business blows up in their face, than the owner will probably get a one off and hpf will have designed multiple parts for the n54 with the time they've had with his car. win win situation
    Agreed! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They seem to be a very busy company but their development is rather slow. They received a RHD E46 M3 and six month later they have shown the exhaust manifold.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looking at the N54 there aren't too many differences (it's a 4-stroke inline-6 with dual vanos) minus the DI.
    The N54 is completely different motor, nothing from the S54 applies. Saying it is similar just because it is a 4-stroke inline six is a vast oversimplification. They are radically different and yes, DI would be a major part of that.

From the looks of their custom intake manifold they will be going with a separate fuel rail and might not use the DI at all. BAM! becomes close to the s54 pretty quickly without DI (of course the water jackets are different, head is different, etc. but it's inline-6 with dual vanos so there ya go. Any other company have past experience making a successful turbo system for a motor like that other than HPF which is tackling the N54? Experience matters.
    Uh... this is just full of speculation based on something that doesn't exist. They aren't going to be able to disable or remove direct injection without programming for it. No offense, but HPF has yet to display mastery of BMW DME's. How exactly would they solve the tuning? This opens up a host of questions without any answers as I have not seen a demonstration of the ability by HPF to handle factory ECU's to the level necessary it would take to accommodate this.

S54 turbo kit experience does not carry over and certainly isn't as applicable as you think it is or we would have seen a kit by now, wouldn't we?

Yes there is silence and speculation so we don't know for sure at this point. I would love for another company to be successful I really would. I like HPF obviously because of their amazing customer service and how they tackle the market constantly making upgrades to their kits for the advantage of the consumer. However, I am not biased in a way where I don't want other companies to succeed. I would love for any company to come forward and give us HPF-like product and service. It is a tall order to match but would be great because competition is the best thing. Competition makes everything strive to be the best it can be. I challenge another company to tackle the N54 in such a way. Instead you see owners of such companies like ASR getting banned from forums for slapping their monsterous egos on the table with horrible unprofessionalism.
    HPF has the best customer service, by far. I like everything they do in this respect as well as their quality marketing and support of the BMW community. Customer service and how HPF operates are completely separate from a successful N54 single turbo application though. First, HPF needs to tackle the N54 as thus far we don't have anything except for a FMIC and exhaust. That is not a bad thing, it is a good thing, but before we can declare HPF victors in the N54 tuning market they need to do something at least on the level of what others have shown, like RB for example.

I think what you are really saying is we can be confident in HPF and I agree, I just think the N54 is a whole different area and one that they are behind on. That is not to say they can not do something special but it will be after many others.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what other tuners have a n54 turbo is the works?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    what other tuners have a n54 turbo is the works?
    AR Design (thread here) and a one kit off for member 'unfor' (thread here)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What ever came of unfor's car? To the guy who's car has been at HPF for 15 months have they shared pics of anything going on with the car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    What ever came of unfor's car? To the guy who's car has been at HPF for 15 months have they shared pics of anything going on with the car?
    Last I knew he was switching to Cp-e's standback 2 ad getting retuned
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Edit: got distracted, apologies for the redundancy

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Unfor has been MIA for a while due to the holidays.

Both of their 'update' threads have been dead for some time in the places I check regularly. The owner of the car said he was stopping by the shop on the 3rd (if I recall correctly), but didn't say why. On the pic front- here is early November

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

they did fab up a fancy engine dolly in that time just for him Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Edit: got distracted, apologies for the redundancy

Unfor has been MIA for a while due to the holidays.

Both of their 'update' threads have been dead for some time in the places I check regularly. The owner of the car said he was stopping by the shop on the 3rd (if I recall correctly), but didn't say why. On the pic front- here is early November

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...011/01/362.jpg

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...011/01/363.jpg

they did fab up a fancy engine dolly in that time just for him Click here to enlarge
    Great info and pics, thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1)The stock ECU convo is moot since HPF would use an AEM EMS/harness for tuning just like they did with the s54.
    2) My bet is HPF will not use the DI at all and simply control the standard injector rail located at the base of the runners for the custom intake manifold, therefore DI control convo is moot.
    3) They successfully tuned the s54 on mss54 using an AEM EMS/harness. How many tuners have tuned the s54 with turbo other than them compared to the amount of tuners who have tuned the n54? Think about it.
    4) How many single turbo n54s are actually out boosting right now?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast