Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Weak Enzo Performance F82 M4 S55 ECU flash tune dyno results

Sorry for the small graph that is all they posted.

Also no torque figures which are important on the S55 engine.

Other flash tuners are getting much more than this 444 to the wheels:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sorry to present this, but Enzo is just buying files from B&C Consulting aka BR Performance in Belgium. Same story with MAAAANY other guys!!
    The only ones I know who actually DOES tuning is Precision Tuning in New Jersey, those I can vouch for! Others, simply using WinOLS database to buy a mappack with a stage 1/2/3 file and calling themselves tuners - sorry, but they're not. I will post some S63tü dynoruns which compares all these tuners, you will be amazed what this engine can do on 93 octane and a pair of downpipes!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lfelunden Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to present this, but Enzo is just buying files from B&C Consulting aka BR Performance in Belgium. Same story with MAAAANY other guys!!
    I don't think it's a secret. They don't seem to be able to manipulate the tune well though.

Almost everyone gets the flash from a source overseas.

How did BR Performance get it to begin with would be my question.

The only ones I know who actually DOES tuning is Precision Tuning in New Jersey, those I can vouch for! Others, simply using WinOLS database to buy a mappack with a stage 1/2/3 file and calling themselves tuners - sorry, but they're not. I will post some S63tü dynoruns which compares all these tuners, you will be amazed what this engine can do on 93 octane and a pair of downpipes!
    You're right, that's what most people do. Many of these tunes are the same crap with a different name.

I haven't heard of Precision Tuning. What do they do differently?

Do you have any S55 files that we could upload to the database? I'm almost done with it I promise Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't think it's a secret. They don't seem to be able to manipulate the tune well though.

Almost everyone gets the flash from a source overseas.

How did BR Performance get it to begin with would be my question.

You're right, that's what most people. Many of these tunes are the same crap with a different name.

Do you have any S55 files that we could upload to the database? I'm almost done with it I promise Click here to enlarge
    BR owns B&C Consulting, they are winols resellers, so they got mappacks for most cars and tuningfiles. For dieselcars all European dealers make sick files. But for all others, they suck hard. Only some know their work!

Indeed I got files! Still waiting for those folders Click here to enlarge M3/M4/M5 and M6! I won't share modded files though.
    btw, even Eurocharged uses these files lol and they ALL seem to either misfire or just have low gains

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Indeed I got files! Still waiting for those folders
    Almost, almost! Just fine tuning.

I won't share modded files though.
    Of course not. Where's the money in that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Almost, almost! Just fine tuning.

Of course not. Where's the money in that?
    I will! Just waiting for those folders to appear Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

You're right, that's what most people. Many of these tunes are the same crap with a different name.

The biggest difference is, this tunes are not based of someone elses or a previous modified file, so just by doing that you will get different results, different tuners, different skill, different procedures to make the car run right, there is no secret formula or procedure to make the perfect tune, its all about time and effort invested on it, and once you get a good base its all about improve it to make it better everytime you make changes. Which when you are tuning, and not just flashing its a lot easier to point the areas that need attention and need to be improved, make adjustments, dyno, try again, make changes, dyno, try again and again... until you cover all the areas. Doesnt sound that hard but when you have your tuner over seas and in a whole different time zone it could be a really slow process. Having the option of modify the tunes, flash and test in the same facility it makes the process a little easier. which is the case with Precision Tuning

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kbaldi29 Click here to enlarge
    The biggest difference is, this tunes are not based of someone elses or a previous modified file, so just by doing that you will get different results, different tuners, different skill, different procedures to make the car run right, there is no secret formula or procedure to make the perfect tune, its all about time and effort invested on it, and once you get a good base its all about improve it to make it better everytime you make changes. Which when you are tuning, and not just flashing its a lot easier to point the areas that need attention and need to be improved, make adjustments, dyno, try again, make changes, dyno, try again and again... until you cover all the areas. Doesnt sound that hard but when you have your tuner over seas and in a whole different time zone it could be a really slow process. Having the option of modify the tunes, flash and test in the same facility it makes the process a little easier. which is the case with Precision Tuning
    That's quite the interesting first post.

How or what and why do you these things about Precision Tuning you are claiming?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    That's quite the interesting first post.

How or what and why do you these things about Precision Tuning you are claiming?
    Bc Im the one making the changes mentioned above ... and spending the endless nights on the dyno... at this time of the night still going at it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kbaldi29 Click here to enlarge
    Bc Im the one making the changes mentioned above ... and spending the endless nights on the dyno... at this time of the night still going at it.
    Well then you're definitely the person to speak for Precision Tuning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

RK Tunes and TPG Tuning also both modify their own tuning files. But yes, Sticky, here's a hint.. The flasher I was talking about in the other thread.... They don't know how to tune themselves, they send the DME file out to overseas and pitch it as their own. They also were "coming after sum meet" with a PURE Stage 2 flash/JB4 combo. They said they were gonna upload the dyno file two weeks ago but I found out today they only managed to hit 640whp at full boost

Moral of the story is, flashes are not to be trusted for pretty much all of the F series cars. They're all bull$#@!.
    AWE Non-Res Exhaust | AWE ColdFront | Bootmod3 BEF | Dodson Superstock Clutch | EoS Intercooler | ER Downpipes | ER Chargepipes | Fuel-It Platinum PI | Ice Tank | JB4 | Pure Stage 2 | Swift Springs | TPG/DSS 1200hp Axles | Built Motor (Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port & Polish)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sA x sKy Click here to enlarge
    Moral of the story is, flashes are not to be trusted for pretty much all of the F series cars. They're all bull$#@!.
    I don't know if this is completely fair. The flashes are at an early stage but there are good results from certain tuners.

If you combine a flash with a piggyback you can at least mitigate some of the early issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I don't know if this is completely fair. The flashes are at an early stage but there are good results from certain tuners.

If you combine a flash with a piggyback you can at least mitigate some of the early issues.
    I 100% agree. The only problems is only a few flash tuners are transparent about the gains and tell exactly what was done. On the other forum, there's been 3 new "flash tuners" that have released their own flashes this week alone. And the uninformed are clambering for them as if this company is now the latest and greatest. Public needs to understand that just cos a dyno of the flash says something, doesn't mean it's exactly what you're getting. Track numbers prove exactly what is going on.

To be honest, I would not trust a single flash tuner unless Terry himself examined the tuners changes. I know it's kind of biased from Terry's standpoint but we need a third party to able to give the OKAY that this tune is doing exactly what it says it does.

My friend had the Eurocharged tune, when he stacked the JB4 on top to log the flash, him and Terry found out that at full boost throttle was closing 50%. Wasn't flashes suppose to fix the throttle closure problem? Again, flashes, for now, BULL$#@!.
    AWE Non-Res Exhaust | AWE ColdFront | Bootmod3 BEF | Dodson Superstock Clutch | EoS Intercooler | ER Downpipes | ER Chargepipes | Fuel-It Platinum PI | Ice Tank | JB4 | Pure Stage 2 | Swift Springs | TPG/DSS 1200hp Axles | Built Motor (Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port & Polish)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

And the uninformed are clambering for them as if this company is now the latest and greatest. Public needs to understand that just cos a dyno of the flash says something, doesn't mean it's exactly what you're getting. Track numbers prove exactly what is going on.
    Well I don't think the public there understand that a 'new' flash option is pretty much the same $#@! as everyone else. Just someone paid for the tools or codes or whatever. That's how these flashes spread out.

To be honest, I would not trust a single flash tuner unless Terry himself examined the tuners changes. I know it's kind of biased from Terry's standpoint but we need a third party to able to give the OKAY that this tune is doing exactly what it says it does.
    Terry isn't too experienced with BMW flash tuning on a variety of platforms from what I've seen. But that's not really the point. It's not like he can do anything about flash limitations due to the ECU.

The point is flash tunes need to evolve. How many parameters do they even have access to?

My friend had the Eurocharged tune, when he stacked the JB4 on top to log the flash, him and Terry found out that at full boost throttle was closing 50%. Wasn't flashes suppose to fix the throttle closure problem? Again, flashes, for now, BULL$#@!
    Well first of all I want to point out Eurocharged is a very talented flash tuner. They tune the widest range of cars from anyone.

The thing is a good tuner like Jerry at Eurocharged can only do so much with certain things. The ECU is hardly fully cracked.

Sure, you can raise boost but what else?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

My biggest problem with the F series flash tuners is NONE of them post detailed logs of the tuning during both dyno runs and 1/4 mile pulls, which would allow potential customers to examine how the flash is actually performing. I hope some day we get OBDII flashing and when that day comes we'll release a JB4 back end flash map.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Well I don't think the public there understand that a 'new' flash option is pretty much the same $#@! as everyone else. Just someone paid for the tools or codes or whatever. That's how these flashes spread out.

Terry isn't too experienced with BMW flash tuning on a variety of platforms from what I've seen. But that's not really the point. It's not like he can do anything about flash limitations due to the ECU.

The point is flash tunes need to evolve. How many parameters do they even have access to?

Well first of all I want to point out Eurocharged is a very talented flash tuner. They tune the widest range of cars from anyone.

The thing is a good tuner like Jerry at Eurocharged can only do so much with certain things. The ECU is hardly fully cracked.

Sure, you can raise boost but what else?
    Agreed. Most of the public don't know the DAMOS is coming from the same frkn source and these tuners think its an easy $2-$3k in their pocket for minimal work. Lame.

He may not be experienced, but at least his tune gives an objective view of what is going on in the car without intervention.

I believe there's 70k-ish tables and from what I'm hearing will be nigh near impossible to offer OBDII functionality. These flash tuners can unlock the OBDII after bench flashing the DME, but its absolutely useless b/c so many tables are undefined. I feel progress for defining the tables will be very slow since again, all these flash tuners are getting the DAMOS from the same source and the "tuners" probably have no idea what they're even looking at themselves. All they care about is the easy money in their pocket instead of spending the time to actually further flashing functionality.

I am not saying Eurocharged isn't talented. I'm saying that if flashes can't fix the inherent problems of the S55 with high boost (aka throttle closure) then why spend the $2k and just save $1000 and get a JB4 instead until flashes go out of their way to provide actual valuable data other than dyno numbers which can be manipulated at any time.

I don't know of any flash coming near 550whp at all yet. But with JB4..easy.

As you said, ECU is hardly fully cracked.. and I think b/c people keep buying these flash tunes, there will never be progress made in this very important area.

I am not sure what tables have been defined yet. I'm sure I can contact the guys at Belgium and get a copy of the DAMOS from them and act like I'm seeing my own flash tune and find out myself except what has been defined Click here to enlarge

As soon as Syvecs comes out for the S55, I will be jumping onto that. That's what this platform really needs right now. I already contacted MoTeC and the price was NOT pretty lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Just an overall answer to the flash tuning.
    Like Terry says, if OBD is possible (which it never will be), he would add a backend flash, why would he do that? Because that will make the car run EVEN smoother!
    Another thing, flashtuning is not BS.. I see sA x Sky has about 700whp on upgrade turbo meth and more. These numbers are hit on pumpgas with a flash... Don't underestimate the flashtuning WHEN you can edit, I totally agree that a OTS flash isn't producing much more than a piggy (JB4 or equal). But for people who want's to run meth too, it is possible to do this on top of the flash with no piggy.
    As for logging, who said it is not possible to log?? We are in the works of crafting a fully OBD based logger for ALL F series! With this you can log whatever you desire!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    My biggest problem with the F series flash tuners is NONE of them post detailed logs of the tuning during both dyno runs and 1/4 mile pulls, which would allow potential customers to examine how the flash is actually performing. I hope some day we get OBDII flashing and when that day comes we'll release a JB4 back end flash map.
    Yep OBD-II flashing will change things if and when we get there.

If logs were posted would it be favorable to the flash tunes if the tunes aren't as good as the tuners are claiming? I'd guess what is why we don't see them.

What should they use to show logs anyway?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

from what I'm hearing will be nigh near impossible to offer OBDII functionality. These flash tuners can unlock the OBDII after bench flashing the DME, but its absolutely useless b/c so many tables are undefined.
    Well you said it's impossible to offer OBD-II functionality but then you state right after that there is a way. Maybe you mean OBD-II without a bench a flash?

Table definition will proceed like it always has for BMW's. A long and drawn out process.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

As soon as Syvecs comes out for the S55, I will be jumping onto that. That's what this platform really needs right now. I already contacted MoTeC and the price was NOT pretty lol.
    Even if you paid for the Motec hardware you would need someone to do the software side. It would take forever and cost a ton of money without any base tune in place. Plus what about the associated electronics in the car? For a race car this may make sense.

Syvecs would be the solution as they do all the work to make it compatible with a street car but they haven't even released the N54 or S65 stuff yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Like Terry says, if OBD is possible (which it never will be),
    Why?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    RK Tunes and TPG Tuning also both modify their own tuning files. But yes, Sticky, here's a hint.. The flasher I was talking about in the other thread.... They don't know how to tune themselves, they send the DME file out to overseas and pitch it as their own. They also were "coming after sum meet" with a PURE Stage 2 flash/JB4 combo. They said they were gonna upload the dyno file two weeks ago but I found out today they only managed to hit 640whp at full boost

Moral of the story is, flashes are not to be trusted for pretty much all of the F series cars. They're all bulls**t.
    ----------------------

You are wrong. The car that your are referring to has been sitting in the shop waiting for the clutch pack to be returned from Shep. No Dynos have been done with the Tune and JB4 stacked. Please stop sharing mis-information about tuning and cars that you have no clue about it.
    Last edited by middly; 01-23-2016 at 02:18 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Moral of the story is, flashes are not to be trusted for pretty much all of the F series cars. They're all bulls**t!.

------------------------

Moral of the story sameet, stop talking S**t. We produced more than four F10 M5s with more than 800whp and 800wtq using our tune and a JB4 stack. Our F82 M4 is next.
    Last edited by middly; 01-23-2016 at 02:20 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by middly Click here to enlarge

Moral of the story is, flashes are not to be trusted for pretty much all of the F series cars. They're all bulls**t!.
    ------------------------
    Moral of the story sameet, stop talking S**t. We produced more than four F10 M5s with more than 800whp and 800wtq using our tune and a JB4 stack. Our F82 M4 is next.
    Kindly do not ask to go check out your work on other forums as that can be considered advertising.

Secondly, part of the problem here is we have so many people saying this tuner or that tuner without any names being specified so it is getting confusing as to who is who.

Regardless, yes, there are successful flash tunes but obviously it is early in F-Series flash tuning. I mean the tunes haven't even been on the market for a full year really. Tuners are constantly improving them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

removed that comment..sorry

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast