Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep, fixed. That looks nice...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    took the car for a quick test ride the other night. All is working well but was severely over boosting.Have since replaced the springs with a large black and small red which claims to be around 10.1 psi. Testing this afternoon saw roughly 11-12psi so about where i want to be.

Australian 2008 135i 6MT | JB4 G5 ISO | Fuel-It Stage 1 TB Injection | BMR kittyless DPs | RPi GT Race Quad Exhaust | 7" HPF FMIC | DCI | ER Charge Pipe | Tial BOV | Custom backend flash | 2-Step & NLS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was experiencing a new ticking/flutter noise from the engine that had me concerned maybe i'd caused some damage when i was overboosting. Didn't have much luck on the weekend finding the source of the ticking noise. After a drive i couldn't actually notice it, however it was back again the next time i started it so it may infact just be lifter tick.

Did some other work on the weekend including wiring in my MAC solenoid to the TEV (charcoal canister purge) wiring for use as boost control.
    Also fabricated a heat shield for the downpipe which will hopefully further prevent chances of melting anything else in future.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Australian 2008 135i 6MT | JB4 G5 ISO | Fuel-It Stage 1 TB Injection | BMR kittyless DPs | RPi GT Race Quad Exhaust | 7" HPF FMIC | DCI | ER Charge Pipe | Tial BOV | Custom backend flash | 2-Step & NLS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fixed some exhaust leaks. Had lost two nuts off the manifold flange and the rest had loosed enough to cause some leaks.

The turbo flange had also loosened enough to blow out the crappy gasket that came with the manifold so replaced that with a steel one and all is well again.

Also had a dyno day last friday to see how its running. I'd managed to implement boost control using the evap purge output and a MAC valve thanks to some help from mrf582 at romraider and it worked flawlessly holding boost perfectly!

End result was 309kw (415hp) on a mainline dyno. We dont have dynojet over here in Australia however it appears that mainline is upto 20% lower than dynojet which *could* mean if i tested in the US, i would be around 500hp.
    Unfortunately i didnt get external video of the power run, only the first complete run however it was still wheelspinning on the dyno. To get the final run in they had to sit a person in the back seat and two people in the boot.

Unfortunately i also maxed the DME load limits once again which resulted in a pretty lean condition at the end of the run. Obviously i could never get to that limit on the road so never expected i'd hit it again.
    I was very pleased that my open loop fueling was pretty much where i wanted it to be (around 11:1) throughout the run prior to this though.
    I've already halved all the load values in the DME once before. Have halved them again now so that issue is addressed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345