Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

E9x/N54 Vanguard Exhaust Review-Initial Impressions

So I had the fortune to come across a guy that had purchased a Vanguard exhaust for his 335, apparantly his neighbors were getting annoyed with the exhaust. He decided to ask if anyone with a more subtle, but not stock exhaust wanted to trade.

As luck would have it, I was that guy. I had the Miltek fully catless, and i loved it. Nice tone, good weight savings and a hp bump as well. But something was lacking, it was a bit too quiet for such a wiry little beast i drive..

Today I met up with Matt@CamberToe to do the swap. Let me just tell you, his service is top-notch. He changed the oil, swapped my plugs,even topped off the w/w fluid without me knowing. AND then, he saw i had a brakelight malfunction, unbeknownst to me, and also fixed that on the spot, all in about 30 minutes.. and then did the exhaust swap flawlessly. Thanks Matt.. Id be up there more often but i hate NY rds worse than Jersey's Click here to enlarge

So back to the exhaust.. i didnt get any video as i was rushed to get to a meeting a few hours away, but ill get some tomorrow and update..

SOUND- The exhaust note is intoxicating, a nice deep grumble, with a little gurgle, since im catless. Im definatly gonna get a few more speeding tickets just for wanting to hear more of it.

PERFORMANCE- Now, i dont expect a huge gain. But im surprised, and now very eager to see how some logs.. and dare i say... new dyno's Click here to enlarge look.. it feels much snappier from a stop and partial throttle.. almost, id say, just as much responsiveness as when i went to catless downpipes, as a reference for those of you that have done that.. I think i gained som ponies up top.. of course, this could be just the placebo effect, and the louder tone making me think im moving faster.. Luckily, im the kinda guy that likes to see just how much of a difference it really made Click here to enlarge

ill post some inside, and thanks to my new GoPro, some exterior vids tomorrow Click here to enlarge

**first vid, sound is low, i had the wrong backing on the go pro for indoor use**

better sound, its long and boring but might come in handy for people wanting to hear it

Last edited by LostMarine; 01-05-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Props to Matt and congrats on the upgrade. Looking forward to the vids and such
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Glad to have you down at the shop today! If only I was in NJ...I could be doing way more damage...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Matt you're the ma!!!!, I only hear nice things about your service, and your shop and you'll probably be my install shop for a while, excellent , I kind of want that exhaust also I didn't text you today because I wrote your number on a piece of paper and I lost it lol <--- slacker , pm me here your number once again please so I'll have it lol and tell me if you got any good news on the pricing for this piece. Thanks =]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by n54BoostOnCoke Click here to enlarge
    Matt you're the ma!!!!, I only hear nice things about your service, and your shop and you'll probably be my install shop for a while, excellent , I kind of want that exhaust also I didn't text you today because I wrote your number on a piece of paper and I lost it lol <--- slacker , pm me here your number once again please so I'll have it lol and tell me if you got any good news on the pricing for this piece. Thanks =]

ill hit you up tomorrow. Left the shop dumb late tonight and here i am still answering PMs and what not -__-

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    +1 for Matt@camber-toe! Has made the first vanguard on XI possible for me and still loving it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

boopie FTW....the unsuspecting e93 needs to spend some time with him soon

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

wait for me!!!!!!! Click here to enlarge

lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by thesalg Click here to enlarge
    wait for me!!!!!!! Click here to enlarge

lol
    lol...ill let u know sal...it should be going up there soon tho Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Group buy? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

first vid, is in OP

sound is low, wrong case on gopro

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

better sound, its long and boring but might come in handy for people wanting to hear it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

You broke loose in 3rd haha
    And what was that at 00:50?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I wanna get one of these gopro things and just bomb around in the E28 with it. My car sounds like an E46 M3 its so tinny and raspy..