Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

ESS VT-625 M3 vs. Nissan GTR

The M3 is a manual, that definitely hurts it a bit down low but the power shows up top:

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow, great video! that was a nice pull.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Sticky.. when you drag race a M3 in the 1/4 mile what gear are you in at the end of it? top of 4th, 5th?

im curious, because even though the M3 pulls up top, by the top of 4th gr, he was still behind the GTR, a 119mph car (stock)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i believe top of 4th.. i know their 3rd gear goes till 110mph so i dont think 4th is only til 130.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Hey Sticky.. when you drag race a M3 in the 1/4 mile what gear are you in at the end of it? top of 4th, 5th?

im curious, because even though the M3 pulls up top, by the top of 4th gr, he was still behind the GTR, a 119mph car (stock)
    I dont know about the M3 and 1/4 mile, but my '10 GT3 (stock with exhaust only) Vs a GTR (stock with exhaust only) were head-to-head from 65-130mph. After 130mph(My 4th gear tops out at 144mph), I'd pull away, due to the fact that the (stock) GTR's lower PSI/boost after 130mph. I believe thats why the M3 pulled on it towards the end of the vid. Damn, I'd love to see an ESS-625 M3 in south florida...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
    I dont know about the M3 and 1/4 mile, but my '10 GT3 (stock with exhaust only) Vs a GTR (stock with exhaust only) were head-to-head from 65-130mph. After 130mph(My 4th gear tops out at 144mph), I'd pull away, due to the fact that the (stock) GTR's lower PSI/boost after 130mph. I believe thats why the M3 pulled on it towards the end of the vid. Damn, I'd love to see an ESS-625 M3 in south florida...
    i quote 119mph for a stock GTR as that is what i have personally seen from the dragstrips around here. what is your car supposed to/has trapped in a 1/4 mile race? and do you know,or have seen what a stock GTR traps in your area?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So now the GTR just needs a tune, maybe exhaust and intercoolers?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i quote 119mph for a stock GTR as that is what i have personally seen from the dragstrips around here. what is your car supposed to/has trapped in a 1/4 mile race? and do you know,or have seen what a stock GTR traps in your area?
    A stock 997.2 GT3 traps 118mph. Im not familiar with stock traps for GTR's, but the 119mph you mentioned sounds about right. A stock GTR does 0-200km in 11.2 , the 997.2 GT3 does it in 11.3 . And the GT3 has RWD and 6sp Vs the GTR's AWD and DCT... However, I ran the same GTR (described in my previous post above) the other day. It now had 580whp, and it would pull on me at the same speed/rate I pulled on my GT3 Vs FR305(map 9) vid Click here to enlarge

I want a ZR-1 with Motons now...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just get a 997.2 GT2 and laugh at everyone....well everyone not driving a GT2 RS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    BTW, I think too much time has passed for Sticky to even remember ^ ... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice little race, and i was thinking too of the GTR lowering boost and thus losing up top near the end
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    Just get a 997.2 GT2 and laugh at everyone....well everyone not driving a GT2 RS.
    I dont think there is are any 997.2 GT2's being produced except the 997.2 GT2 RS, however; a 997.2 Turbos S would be enough to laugh at everyone Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont think there is are any 997.2 GT2's being produced except the 997.2 GT2 RS, however; a 997.2 Turbos S would be enough to laugh at everyone Click here to enlarge
    Was 08 the last year they produced the GT2? I guess the 997.2 Turbo S has the same hp as the 997 GT2 and it's AWD as well. :drool

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, 2008 was actually the only year, for the now plain 997.1 GT2.

The 997.2 Turbo S has the same HP as the 997.1 GT2, AWD, Dynamic engine mounts and PDK.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I might take a look at a 997.2 turbo this year, but everyone has a 997...they are so $#@!ing common.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I might take a look at a 997.2 turbo this year, but everyone has a 997...they are so $#@!ing common.
    Uhhh, where do you live?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Texas

To make it clear, for a 100K+ car, they are by far the most common...and I see 2-3 new 997's a week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Texas

To make it clear, for a 100K+ car, they are by far the most common...and I see 2-3 new 997's a week.
    All I ever see in Corpus are base model Caymans or Boxsters. I saw one black air-cooled turbo once, very cool!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    All I ever see in Corpus are base model Caymans or Boxsters. I saw one black air-cooled turbo once, very cool!
    I don't live there. I own a house in Austin and a house in SA. A friend of mine probably has the only S5 in Corpus. Corpus blows, man. I'm sorry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dam that guy probably has the slowest shift time since the dawn of civilisation (no offence if you on this forum buddy). Everytime it looks like he's got the run on the GT-R, he has to shift & loses all momentum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BTW, I think too much time has passed for Sticky to even remember ^ ... Click here to enlarge
    its funny 'cause its true!! Click here to enlarge

A stock 997.2 GT3 traps 118mph. Im not familiar with stock traps for GTR's, but the 119mph you mentioned sounds about right. A stock GTR does 0-200km in 11.2 , the 997.2 GT3 does it in 11.3 . And the GT3 has RWD and 6sp Vs the GTR's AWD and DCT... However, I ran the same GTR (described in my previous post above) the other day. It now had 580whp, and it would pull on me at the same speed/rate I pulled on my GT3 Vs FR305(map 9) vid Click here to enlarge

I want a ZR-1 with Motons now...
    cool, thanks, i was curious for an estimated trap spd for the ESS M3, since none of the owners get to a track, or any of the local owners are down to run me.. looks like , by comparison, that the M3 would trap about 120-121 the, since it was pulling..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looks like , by comparison, that the M3 would trap about 120-121 the, since it was pulling..
    Maybe, but by the time the M3 even began to pull, both car were already past the 1/4 mark, and over the 120mph mark in which the GTR's boost has already begun to lower.
    Im actually disappointed that, that M3 couldnt do any better against a stock GTR...

Someone, find me an ESS-625 S/C M3 in south florida, please... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe, but by the time the M3 even began to pull, both car were already past the 1/4 mark, and over the 120mph mark in which the GTR's boost has already begun to lower.
    Im actually disappointed that, that M3 couldnt do any better against a stock GTR...
    I concur, thats why i wanted to know what gear, ie top of 4th, and i was being lenient with the mph estimation too

Someone, find me an ESS-625 S/C M3 in south florida, please... Click here to enlarge
    or one in the NYC/NJ/PA area that will actually meet up and run Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I'm not sure that run is really an accurate depiction of how that car can perform, in other vids, same day he did very well against a Evotech RS6, which are pretty damn quick, and probably run 8s 60-130 and trap in the 124+ range. I do agree, and the owner made a similar conclusion that it is probably not putting down a true 590whp, as it did a few days before, but the DCT cars are faster, Mikewads ESS VT600 is very fast.

Either way, I'm not taking anything away from the performance of your car, it is amazing, but I don't think you can run with that car in your GT3, but I would love to see some pulls, there are ESS cars on both coasts, I believe a VT600 in Florida just dynoed 560whp STD, not sure what that would be SAE.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    umm the gtr dies at 120mph stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast